Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy

From the rock work orgy in California to a screenz show in Orlando, how deep has this ip fallen for the mouse? Isn't Disney going to do anything to add some relief to the stampede for Star Wars (besides selling up-charge tickets to "give" guests a change to see Edge without the hordes). Oh wait I think I know the answer.

I mean I have two reasons: one is box office and another is a creep in Hawaiian shirts.

Cars actually has two of the worst performing movies in Pixar’s catalog.

It’s not box office, it’s merchandising.
Which is fine, I'm sure. A dollar box office spends just as well as a dollar from merch.

I mean I have two reasons: one is box office and another is a creep in Hawaiian shirts.
What has Magnum PI has to do with it?
Still I couldn't care less for movie profits or crap sold but a good ride is a good ride. But it's clear Disney has different thoughts on that.

but a good ride is a good ride.
On this point I agree. Are we just going to ban all Pixar from the parks because Lasseter was associated with it? Of course not.

HOWEVER, this is not a downgrade from Carsland/RSR because this is most certainly not trying to be an E-Ticket. You’re comparing as if these were meant to be on the same level when this was just a last ditch effort to get a little more capacity into the park.

On this point I agree. Are we just going to ban all Pixar from the parks because Lasseter was associated with it? Of course not

That’s not the point of my comment.

Disneyhead has hinted that Carsland was a placating move by Iger towards Pixar. Disney wanted Lassiter to do more with the parks and he pushed his favorite projects to the front. Now that there’s no champion for Cars (because of weak box office) it’s hard to find anyone wanting to back the brand with a huge attraction. That is why I responded that Lassiter leaving is why Disney went from Carsland to this.

That’s not the point of my comment.

Disneyhead has hinted that Carsland was a placating move by Iger towards Pixar. Disney wanted Lassiter to do more with the parks and he pushed his favorite projects to the front. Now that there’s no champion for Cars (because of weak box office) it’s hard to find anyone wanting to back the brand with a huge attraction. That is why I responded that Lassiter leaving is why Disney went from Carsland to this.
Ah, I guess I missed that.

Yeah, we should thank our lucky stars they even planned for this and it's not just a meet-and-greet or another indoor dance party like they've had in this space. Plus, Cars has zero presence in the parks other than the Cruz meet-and-greet (if that's even still there?) and the AoA hotel.

Yeah, we should thank our lucky stars they even planned for this and it's not just a meet-and-greet or another indoor dance party like they've had in this space. Plus, Cars has zero presence in the parks other than the Cruz meet-and-greet (if that's even still there?) and the AoA hotel.
Cruz is gone for now, but she’ll be moved nearby this new show when it opens.

All this talk of lightning being on a simulator, could it possibly be a cheaper version of Doc from Radiator Springs Racers?
b-Radiator-Springs-Racers-doc-500x326.jpg

Well after seeing this I’m starting to think it’ll just be the screen and no physical Lightning. They show animators animating Lightning for the show, and Cruz is the one shown in the racing training thing, also animated.

Well after seeing this I’m starting to think it’ll just be the screen and no physical Lightning. They show animators animating Lightning for the show, and Cruz is the one shown in the racing training thing, also animated.

There will be a physical element as someone has been contracted to build a thematic show element. Permit for the work was recently found.

AA car on gimble in front of 180 degree screen. Absolutely everything we expected.
Yup.

With this show opening, It’d be nice if we could get a show changeout at BATB or LM over the summer before the SW crowds hit. A replacement could easily be open before Galaxy’s Edge.

Last edited:
Yup.

It’d be nice if we could get a show changeout at BATB or LM over the summer before the SW crowds hit with this show opening. A replacement could easily be open before Galaxy’s Edge.

Wasn't there a rumor of a Tangled replacement for BATB? A Jim Hill special if I recall