Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A previously rendered cartoon presentation that is not at all improvised and never changes. It could be that.

I imagine we'll at very least see a full-scale build of the simulation training system seen in the last Cars film.

And if you take the PR speak literally, they do say Lightning will be on stage LIVE, but then they also go on to talk about the 200-foot long screen, so who knows. I bet he's show us some of his moves in the simulator though. (Wonder if that means we'll be seeing his but the whole time?)

Excerpt from here, emphasis mine:

Taking on the role of rookie racer, you’ll cruise into the theater and find yourself face-to-face with Lightning McQueen, appearing live on stage. McQueen and the entire audience are enveloped by a giant, wraparound screen that is nearly two stories tall and stretches more than 200 feet from end to end, pulling everyone into the action! The racing legend is excited to showcase what he’s learned over the years. Of course, as Lightning McQueen has discovered throughout his career, things don’t always go according to plan, and he has to think fast to get back on course.
Image of the simulator from Cars 3:

View attachment 8436

If this was a ride we’d see permits and a longer built time.

Food for thought, perhaps it's more of a static Lightning (outside of the mouth and eyes), attached to a simulator base as he talks to people?
I could see it. They've been toting out a Lightning McQueen for years for M&Gs and he's just static with audio that comes from within the car. Mount him up on a simulator base as seen in the photo posted by @Alicia and you have yourself a cheap addition to the park that delivers on what you promised.

If this was a ride we’d see permits and a longer built time.
No one is saying it's a ride. The most this is ever going to be is us watching stuff happen on some SCREENZ.

Thinking of it more, it could also be a theoretically cheap way of using the Carousel Dome from Falcon to something that'd actually make sense. Have it act as if you are in a viewing area, as Lighting talks about things while also the simulator goes on (with the motion base giving the impression).

It'd be a simple trick, one that I could see not doing too much to damage the theater.

I could see it. They've been toting out a Lightning McQueen for years for M&Gs and he's just static with audio that comes from within the car. Mount him up on a simulator base as seen in the photo posted by @Alicia and you have yourself a cheap addition to the park that delivers on what you promised.

No one is saying it's a ride. The most this is ever going to be is us watching stuff happen on some SCREENZ.
Yes exactly.

I bet the motion base for Lightning has a swivel so he can start the show talking to us, and then face the massive screen to show us "what he's learned" through his career. Moving mouth, projected eyes, and a motion base is all he needs. The rest is the giant screen behind him.

This project has befuddled me since they’ve announced it. It’s a show, but there’s also a simulator involved? Will the seats move like the ones at the USH DreamWorks Theatre?

This project has befuddled me since they’ve announced it. It’s a show, but there’s also a simulator involved? Will the seats move like the ones at the USH DreamWorks Theatre?
The word "simulator" in this context is describing a "racing simulator" Lightning McQueen uses in Cars 3 to help train for racing.

It is not something for the audience. It is an apparatus we theorize that Lightning will be standing on on stage.

cars3.jpg

EDIT: This show will likely be standing room only. No seats.

The word "simulator" in this context is describing a "racing simulator" Lightning McQueen uses in Cars 3 to help train for racing.

It is not something for the audience. It is an apparatus we theorize that Lightning will be standing on on stage.

View attachment 8437

EDIT: This show will likely be standing room only. No seats.

If the screen's going to be 20 ft tall, 200 ft wide, and the audience is just standing there watching Lightning, that just sounds underwhelming and like a missed opportunity to me.

Reactions: therock
If the screen's going to be 20 ft tall, 200 ft wide, and the audience is just standing there watching Lightning, that just sounds underwhelming and like a missed opportunity to me.
It was never meant to be anything other than a glorified meet and greet. They're promoting it like it's a big new attraction, but it's just a small in-between project, and a way to help spread out the crowds to that side of the park (away from Star Wars and Runaway Railway after they open).

From the rock work orgy in California to a screenz show in Orlando, how deep has this ip fallen for the mouse? Isn't Disney going to do anything to add some relief to the stampede for Star Wars (besides selling up-charge tickets to "give" guests a change to see Edge without the hordes). Oh wait I think I know the answer.

From the rock work orgy in California to a screenz show in Orlando, how deep has this ip fallen for the mouse? Isn't Disney going to do anything to add some relief to the stampede for Star Wars (besides selling up-charge tickets to "give" guests a change to see Edge without the hordes). Oh wait I think I know the answer.

Cars isn't supposed to be the next big thing. Should they of done that as opposed to Toy Story? I would agree, but that's not something I'm going to think of.

This, and Mickey/Minnie will act as the buffer (alongside the mode of transport that is the Disney Skyliner). Should they of done more? Absolutely.

They should've taken the chance, and did more with Toy Story Land. They should've moved forward on new attractions, instead of replacing old ones. And they shouldn't of given Cars a treatment that is essentially, an overly glorified Meet & Greet.

Cars isn't supposed to be the next big thing. Should they of done that as opposed to Toy Story? I would agree, but that's not something I'm going to think of.

This, and Mickey/Minnie will act as the buffer (alongside the mode of transport that is the Disney Skyliner). Should they of done more? Absolutely.

They should've taken the chance, and did more with Toy Story Land. They should've moved forward on new attractions, instead of replacing old ones. And they shouldn't of given Cars a treatment that is essentially, an overly glorified Meet & Greet.
Hey, don’t forget The Incredibles expo at the old Pixar Place! That’ll help spread out the crowds. /s

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
You guys all have to remember this is a stopgap addition to help spread crowds around more next year. This is likely not something that will be around too long.

Management screwed up and realized the park needed more capacity than it will have, thus the reason for this addition next year.

You guys all have to remember this is a stopgap addition to help spread crowds around more next year. This is likely not something that will be around too long.

Management screwed up and realized the park needed more capacity than it will have, thus the reason for this addition next year.
Yes. We're just having a little fun. :)