Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy

I actually expect this to be a surprise hit among a certain set of guests. It won’t be for all of us, but it’ll be a nice little diversion, aimed at a younger crowd with a popular IP.

Wow, so Sunset is going to be a literal nightmare once SW:GE opens.
What they need to do is take advantage of all of the land by the BATB theater and the esplanade in front of the Fantasmic! Theater and build a new ride back there. They almost built TRON there before changing their minds.

What they need to do is take advantage of all of the land by the BATB theater and the esplanade in front of the Fantasmic! Theater and build a new ride back there. They almost built TRON there before changing their minds.
This and continuing the outer ring they've started with ST:GE and Toy Story by making a path between the back of Animation Courtyard and end of Sunset Boulevard.

Last edited:
I truly was not putting any money on an actual AA being part of this show, so color me pleasantly surprised!

This will never, ever happen because of the age of the IP, but I've always thought that a slightly reworked version of Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin would be perfect for Sunset. Put up a smaller version of this for the facade...
latest

... have as lengthy a queue as needed to get you back to the primary showbuilding, and - if necessary - have the exit along the Fantasmic walkway.

Last edited:
This and continuing the outer ring they've started with ST:GE, and Toy Story by making a path between the back of Animation Courtyard and end of Sunset Boulevard.
I couldn't agree more with animation. That’s the number one area that needs to be worked on in the park imo.

Teaser for the show was released the other day. The mention that Lighting McQueen "interacts" with the audience, so maybe there are some Turtle Talk elements involved here.

Its another 'Attraction' to soak up the crowds (which is desperately needed) but it looks pretty poor IMO. Putting in a small cars flat ride would have the same appeal for a lot less money.