Limited Time Magic | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Limited Time Magic

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A little over 3 weeks out, no word on the first week's LTM. Somebody somewhere must be scrambling with a list of obscure holidays and retired character costumes.

new years week anyone? They will announce it like a week out... though knowing it's also around holidays "New Years Week" would make sense... kind of like at the end of the year they can have new years eve celebrations for a whole week...

Here's a preview of Dapper Dans Boybands week:

[video=youtube;qSpFzQLgI5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSpFzQLgI5E&sns=em[/video]

I can't wait to hear all the angry One Direction fangirls! The funny part is Dapper Dans have talent and One Direction doesn't :rofl:

Reactions: SweeneysGalMegz
First Limited Time Magic event announced. Sounds like what they used to do every night at Pleasure Island :lol:

Limited Time Magic’ at Disney Parks Begins with Week-Long New Year’s Party, ‘Year of the Ear’

There’s nothing like ringing in the New Year at Disney Parks, but if you can’t join us, we’re keeping the excitement going to begin January with some special “Limited Time Magic” at the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.

First, we’re beginning the New Year at Walt Disney World Resort in Magic Kingdom Park with Tomorrowland’s first ever “Bling in the New Year” dance party. For an entire week, children of all ages can celebrate the start of 2013. You’ll be able to watch live entertainment on Rockettower Plaza Stage, dance to great music and celebrate with some of your favorite Disney characters – all dressed in their New Year’s best. And if you can’t stay up until midnight, there will be a New Year’s countdown every hour leading up to midnight. The celebration begins on December 30 and runs through January 5.
Gallery‘Year of the Ear’, Part of ‘Limited Time Magic’ at Disney Parksview all

We’re also excited to announce that 2013 will be the “Year of the Ear” at Disney Parks. Every month, Disney Parks will release new ear hats to add to your collection as part of “Limited Time Magic.” January will start with the limited release of Disney Couture Ear Hats. And each month, there will be fun designs to discover.
And we’re not done yet. We’ll have more “Limited Time Magic” information to share today on the Disney Parks Blog, including an exciting announcement to kick off the New Year at the Disneyland Resort. Be sure and check the blog later and remember that you can also find updates on Twitter using hashtag [HASHTAG]#LimitedTimeMagic[/HASHTAG] and on our LimitedTimeMagic.com web page.

Reactions: SweeneysGalMegz
Maybe for a limited time Premium Annual Passholders will get 20 percent off merchandise again.

But in all seriousness. This is a pretty poor campagin since most visitors plan for years for a trip to WDW with many being months and only a select audience (as mentioned the locals) being able to show up within a week. So most things will have little meaning to the masses. So you punish your loyal fanbase by taking away some of their discounts and then do little random character greets and shows?

As a side, I don't consider Dapper Dans singing boy band songs really that cute. It is sort of a thematic clash. Like as if you would see The Haunted Mansiion having a random temporary scene overlay where it parodies a scene from Paranormal Activity. It is theme clashing.

So TDO is going to try and replicate the success of the ElecTRONica Dance Party in the MK? TDO just SO doesn't get why things are successful. ElecTRONica was in Disney's California Adventure, which is a more adult oriented park and they served copious amounts of alcohol. This is just going to be an EPIC FAIL. Who wants to have an alcohol-less dance party that caters to toddlers? This just reminds me of TDO saying, "WOW CARSLAND has been a huge success. Let's get in on that action, but instead of mind boggling EPIC rockwork we want to use painted flats." That would be like Universal Studios Hollywood saying, "WOW the WWOHP has been a huge success. We want we want a piece of that action, but can we build our WWOHP without Forbidden Journey or the Hogwarts Castle?"

Someone needs to explain to TDO that to replicate the success of something to actually have to replicate that something. I am beginning to believe that the folks at TDO are borderline retarded.

If I was there this year, the only thing I've heard that I would have gotten a small amount excited for would be the lesser known characters coming out.

But seriously, I feel awful for the people who plan years out who will get screwed out of this promotion.

So far I'm only excited for Long Lost Friends Week and Unleash the Villains. Anyone think they'll do something on May the 4th? :sneaky:

If they announced that the AC club was opening for a Week or 2 for this Limited Time Magic I would change my travel plans and book that date.