Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MIB: Alien Attack Revamp?

Also the ambush main figure along with the chess playing figures. Sigh. MiB needs some love...

Yeah, I've seen the ambush aliens just... not move at all, ruining the reveal of the grotesque underbelly. When they do go up, you don't see any of those limbs moving back and forth, which added dramatically to the effect.

I kind of forgot the chess players were supposed to move. They're basically stationary at this point, yeah?

Feels weird to me that so many Universal attractions operate on points system, but this ride seems excluded. There are certainly enough major, prominent figures with issues to warrant immediate attention.

Here's a thing I have wondered: if someone hits a target, does that negate the said target for everyone during its cool-down period?

My 13-yr-old and I ride in the same car, but seem to alternate high scores. Are we cancelling each other out?

Both of our high scores are 600k-ish, Should one of us not shoot?

Here's a thing I have wondered: if someone hits a target, does that negate the said target for everyone during its cool-down period?

My 13-yr-old and I ride in the same car, but seem to alternate high scores. Are we cancelling each other out?

Both of our high scores are 600k-ish, Should one of us not shoot?
I didn't think there was a cooldown period for targets; I tend to hit a target multiple times rapidly in order to maximize my score.

A quick thought: the ride system itself seems similar to MIB and CitH. If an upgrade of MIB ever happens, I think it would be with this system in mind. Replace the steering wheel with the blaster/holder and it works.

EDIT: I'm referring to the MK ride system.

Last edited:
A quick thought: the ride system itself seems similar to MIB and CitH. If an upgrade of MIB ever happens, I think it would be with this system in mind. Replace the steering wheel with the blaster/holder and it works.

EDIT: I'm referring to the MK ride system.
Has to be MK
I'm not familiar with the MK ride system, can someone explain to me how it could fit in MiB?

Maybe it needs to be added that the current system has no support. Like owning a one of a kind antique car whose manufacturer's name has been long forgotten. Getting parts is tough so you have to re-engineer what is there and for a ride that is almost always open when the park is there is not much time to custom make stuff

Maybe it needs to be added that the current system has no support. Like owning a one of a kind antique car whose manufacturer's name has been long forgotten. Getting parts is tough so you have to re-engineer what is there and for a ride that is almost always open when the park is there is not much time to custom make stuff
Oh, so that explains why those MiB carts seem so worn down lol. Would the newer systems of ride vehicles fit on the same track they used or would they have to replace the track as well

Oh, so that explains why those MiB carts seem so worn down lol. Would the newer systems of ride vehicles fit on the same track they used or would they have to replace the track as well
If they did it, it would likely involve a complete retracking as well. Otherwise, it’s like driving a new Bugatti over a centuries old, cobblestone road. You want to smooth the whole thing out.

If they did it, it would likely involve a complete retracking as well. Otherwise, it’s like driving a new Bugatti over a centuries old, cobblestone road. You want to smooth the whole thing out.
That makes sense. If they were to switch to Mario Kart's ride system, would the track system also be different? Like, does MK use a different track system than MiB or is it the same track system with different ride vehicles?