MSHI Expansion? | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would too- their dining plan option is pretty subpar. I only bother with it in September with the buy one get one 50% off. Otherwise, the $1 or $2 potential savings per plan just isn't worth dealing with 20 cards I have to carry around.

Heck- just in typing that, thats the worst part- the cards. It's unreasonable to expect a family to get the dining plan with that amount of cards.

Seaworlds all day plan is ridiculously awesome- love it. Although I never see value in Disney's dining plans (see: I hate buffets post)- but their deluxe plan- and the trick I use as a DVC member is certainly something I do everytime until the loophole is closed. I'll bet I get $3-4k value in food my trip coming up here in 2 weeks.

I guess what I'm saying is- Universal needs to consolidate their dining plan into an easier to use system that links to a single card. And; subsequently, allowing me to find a way to cheat. :D

Linking it into your hotel key would be ideal and if they expanded it to CityWalk it would be even better.

I've been tempted to walk in at around 4pm and ask what they do with all the left over food. I imagine it just gets thrown out?

What they could do is keep the buffet going through dinner time but make it an upscale restaurant that's open to the GP.

A few of the buffets in Vegas give you a box that you can make one trip to the buffet, fill it to the top with whatever and it's only like $20.

Reactions: Andysol
Forgive me if I am bringing a dead topic up but can Universal make new rides at MSHI? I read the contract and didn't see anything regarding if they could do it or not

Reactions: Obi Ubamba
New attractions must be approved by Marvel is all, as far as I remember. And there are specifics about why it wouldn’t be acceptable. As long as the properties are represented well they’d have no reason to deny it.

Does Disney owning Fox now change anything for MSHI? I can’t see where it could other than making Uni reconsider representing some characters in a higher volume in the parks.

So, to bring this thread back from the dead; it seems from what @Disneyhead and a few others have indicated, Iron Legion may be back on the table.

The question that reigns into my head, is what would they do for the ride system? Last I thought we talked about it, it was said that was the major reason to why IL is an attraction in R&D hell that made the attraction not likely to come up. So a honest question comes to place, have they found a solution to replace the system they originally thought of? Or are they going back to the drawing board on making that ride system previously seen working?

Honestly speaking, the only thing I could see work is the Dynamic Robocoaster (which like the SFXCoaster, does actually have clients getting the coaster tech). It'd be a next gen version of the Forbidden Journey system, as that could bring some more to the table for them in the longer run.

Reactions: tankart150
So, to bring this thread back from the dead; it seems from what @Disneyhead and a few others have indicated, Iron Legion may be back on the table.

The question that reigns into my head, is what would they do for the ride system? Last I thought we talked about it, it was said that was the major reason to why IL is an attraction in R&D hell that made the attraction not likely to come up. So a honest question comes to place, have they found a solution to replace the system they originally thought of? Or are they going back to the drawing board on making that ride system previously seen working?

Honestly speaking, the only thing I could see work is the Dynamic Robocoaster (which like the SFXCoaster, does actually have clients getting the coaster tech). It'd be a next gen version of the Forbidden Journey system, as that could bring some more to the table for them in the longer run.
Inverted.

Inverted.
Universal-Orlando-Resort-patent-simulator-ride.jpg

??

Reactions: tankart150
So if it’s marvel it would have to be Iron Legion since we haven’t heard of any Avengers designers but I could be wrong. Wish they would bring Panther for a meet and greet character though.