Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody always forgets when Chester and Hester’s was added...right when the company was at its worst: cheap cheap cheap...California Adventure and Walt Disney Studios Paris were being built...also on the cheap. Cheap was the company’s go-to at that time, which is why the design of this area never surprised me. What did surprise me though was that Disney never did anything to make it better after all these years. Dinoland USA is great - Chester and Hester is a blemish on the park.

And why is Primeval Whirl seasonal anyway when the park is busier than ever? Have we gotten any other excuse other than the obvious cost cutting?

Many people have literally died because of this thing so I wonder how safe this thing actually is if it were to run on a day to day basis again.
The ride is terrible anyway. Absolutely awful. You’d think after the second death incident they would’ve leveled it. It’s a flippin mouse coaster that’s exposed. Nuke it already.

The ride is terrible anyway. Absolutely awful. You’d think after the second death incident they would’ve leveled it. It’s a flippin mouse coaster that’s exposed. Nuke it already.
The coster was literally designed to be something that could be disassembled over the period of a few nights. It wasn't a long term solution when it was built, it was never meant to be permanent.

My wife and I rode it for the first time this past December and totally agree with the sentiments of terrible and cheap attraction. Needless to say we will never ride it again and won’t be missed.

I say they green light the South America land rumor we heard a while ago. Or come up with something to replace the area. The only part of the whole dinoland we like is the QS restaurantosaurus.

The day Rhode is no longer creatively watching over DAK will be a sad day. He seems to be one of the few at Disney who still cares about theme and overarching identity.
Watching The Imagineering Story, I agree Rhode still embodies what Walt wanted for the parks the most. We can't lose him honestly.

Since the ride vehicles are already being removed, is it possible that Disney sold the ride to a smaller theme park? Or is it just going to sit there and rot?

I'm expecting "sit there and rot," unfortunately.

Since the ride vehicles are already being removed, is it possible that Disney sold the ride to a smaller theme park? Or is it just going to sit there and rot?

Kennywood operates an identical ride so it’s possible they sold the vehicles for parts. As for the ride it’s likely had significantly more hours run on it that no one would want to buy it.

It would be way better of an investment for a company to buy one of these brand new than one with the crazy amount of wear and tear (and unfortunate deaths) this one has on it.

Also, if it was sold, that would be one giant (visible) hole in the land. This thing is only being removed when Disney has a replacement project approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.