New Rumor: Shrek to Close/T2 Upgrade | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

New Rumor: Shrek to Close/T2 Upgrade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah that would be good. Whether it replaces Skrek or Twister, it will freshen up the park.

Would there be enough room for it in Shrek? It seems like Twister would be a better location for it.

Anything is better than Shrek though (or Twister..wonder why that isn't rumored to be closing yet.)

please tell me Twister may die :pray:

After Transformers opens it is truly my guess on to what could/should go next.

Everyone who follows theme parks and the way they tend to work on the net, the costly attractions that are not worth keeping much longer tend to go down seasonally and when they do it is typically a sign for them that it is time to die. Timekeeper, Akbar's Adventure Tours, Horizons, Jaws and the attraction that went down for short periods of time on occasion besides Jaws was Twister. After Transformers opens there will be two large scale attractions in that immediate area and it could be a good time to shut one down on a smaller scale that will not disrupt much.

IMO Twister should go before Shrek should. My little sister still gets a kick out of Shrek (I loathe it, but hey I'm not a six year old) but Twister just sticks out like a sore thumb. I mean all the farm equipment attached to the facade really doesn't go with the NY area, and the ride overall has always been underwhelming in my opinion. It never has a line (or atleast when I go it doesn't) and on top of it all the movie hasn't been relevant for almost a decade. It's icky!

And if Shrek does get the boot I hope we get something different in that area. Idk know who said Prod. Central is becoming glasses alley, but they were right on the money. DM, Terminator, Shrek, and now Transformers are all 3D attractions and there clustered together. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it!!! Lol I'd much rather a walk through museum type of attraction, or if they bulldoze the building something that actually moves without screens.

- - - Updated - - -

The line is cool though :shrug:

Haha yes the line is cool, but there seems to be a new ride over at Disney where the line is cool also but the ride, not so much....

Would there be enough room for it in Shrek? It seems like Twister would be a better location for it.

Anything is better than Shrek though (or Twister..wonder why that isn't rumored to be closing yet.)

Well the Shrek soundstage is bigger than the Twister soundstage, but it would be easier to re-theme Twister to Spielberg. After riding it recently, the only part I don't like about the ride is that it's based on the movie Twister. It just feels outdated and just needs a re-theme.

I actually like Twister. I'm not sure why because it really isn't that good and the twister effect is pretty awful, but I like watching it at least once when I head to the parks.

I would much prefer Shrek to be taken out before Twister. Either way though, I wouldn't mind if Twister was taken out tomorrow.

Last edited:
I actually like Twister. I'm not sure why because it really isn't that good and the twister effect is pretty awful, but I like watching it at least once when I head to the parks.

I would much prefer Shrek to be taken out before Twister. Either way though, I wouldn't mind if Twister was taken out tomorrow.

Maybe after the T2 upgrade, they upgrade Twister instead of replacing Shrek. Shrek can stay as long as it's merchandise is being sold.

I'd love to see Ghost Busters back somehow...words can't describe how much I loved that as a kid. Or maybe Ninja Turtles since Michael Bay's doing the new movie?

Or maybe Ninja Turtles since Michael Bay's doing the new movie?

Turtles: Yes.

Michael Bay Turtles: No.

His movie has been put on "hold" because it was going to be terrible.

The new Turtles show on Nick has been a big hit, and is quite good (probably the best Turtles cartoon I've seen). I wouldn't mind it being part of the new KidZone if it continues its popularity.