Next Attraction To Go? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Now that I think about it, if they converted it to a theater similar to the one for Aladdin at DCA, they could do a Wicked show or something there! It would be a must-see show, which is something Universal definitely needs at this point.

If they did that they could also move bill and Ted into it for HHN. How does terminators capacity compare to ffl?

I think Mummy could be on the chopping block. Now I haven't heard anything but when you think about it, it's a dead IP, the effects are always having to be fixed, and the sole moneymaker at that attraction is the lockers out front. Seriously nobody ever buys any souvenirs from Mummy's gift shop so why keep it?

Because Mummy is one of the best rides ever and is consistently voted as the best indoor coaster, it also draws a lot of people and has a great capacity ...

Because Mummy is one of the best rides ever and is consistently voted as the best indoor coaster, it also draws a lot of people and has a great capacity ...

I agree. At first, when there was contemplation over how much Gringott's would inherit indoor roller coaster elements, I was skeptical. However, I don't see them getting rid of it, unless the new Mummy reboot in a few years is highly successful. They I can see them doing an overhaul and changing it up to fit the new movie depending on how different it is (I heard it's modern day).

I think Mummy could be on the chopping block. Now I haven't heard anything but when you think about it, it's a dead IP, the effects are always having to be fixed, and the sole moneymaker at that attraction is the lockers out front. Seriously nobody ever buys any souvenirs from Mummy's gift shop so why keep it?
Mummy the movie is dead

Mummy the ride is in a league of its own...its made a name for itself and caries itself well without the IP attached..When you think of USF you think of Mummy..

I just bought "Worlds Greatest Girlfriend " Award souvenir from there. Also bought Egyptian necklace hat for my girlfriend...
After the parade, kids always go in the Mummy shop to get Candy. Same with Twister.

I will say I don't mind a Mummy re-theme, only because I want to see something in New York, New York Related lol.

The mummy shop could use some better merchandise in my opinion. I always go in there and say oh that's neat but I don't think I've ever bought anything there. I definitely wouldn't use the twisters shop as a benchmark as anything though; that shop sells necessary items that aren't in any other shops and the number of people in there and what they are buying can be very difficult to judge.

ET is a timeless movie and story, It'll always be looked upon as one of the best movies of all time and I think the ride does it justice. Why replace something like that when there are literally entire lands of USF that could be removed because of how dated they've become? There are just bigger priories than ET and even then they'd either have to demo the entire building or just give it a retheme if they actually wanted to do something with it. Too much hassle than what it's worth

I agree entirely. Popeye is the best river raft ride I have ever been on and I have been on A LOT. Dudley has a great layout, but it suffers from some theming and load/unload issues.

Those rides are legit, two of my favorite rides at Universal Orlando. I always have the most on Popeye and Dudley! Plus they scream multiple AGAIN's to me!

- - - Updated - - -

USF: Twister or Kidszone
IOA: Toon Lagoon Theater or Dr Doom

Please note this is just opinion and note a hint or message...

I feel like if they keep Dr. Doom over the years they should have the other tower shoot you down. Bad idea or good idea?

I can't see Mummy going. It's executed very well and fills a unique niche(indoor middle-intensity coaster); there's nothing else like it at USF, let alone the rest of the resort. Moneymaking gift shop or not, sometimes you just need a damn good and unique ride to help pull people into the park. After 30+ rides (probably low compared to some of you guys on here lol, but still), it remains as enjoyable as ever. My park ticket/AP would be considerably less valuable without it.

Saw a couple mentions of Dr. Doom. The ride experience isn't all that, but it's such an iconic piece of IoA's skyline. The two drop towers are always one of the first landmarks guests can see when travelling to the resort...I think it's pretty important for that reason. Anyone else feel the same way?

Last edited: