Next Attraction To Go? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it would be cool to refurbish mummy if the new film is successful. I think it would really be cool if they could throw a mummy on a Kuma arm and put it somewhere. I don't like the projection in the turntable, the cutout at the end that blows on you and the movie back story crap.

USF: Shrek 4D, Twister, Disaster, Fear Factor (already rumored to be closing January 2015), and all of KidZone excluding ET.
IOA: Unoccupied Toon Lagoon Theatre, Sinbad, and Poseidon's Fury

- - - Updated - - -

ET will not be going anywhere for a while...only because it is the only classic attraction left in the park, and Universal need's something to represent how it first started...if anything, a major overhaul but no destruction

Here is my predictions, for what its worth:
2015 Shrek closes with quick replacement, Fievel, Woody Coaster, Barney, and CG for major 2016 IP attraction
2016 Disaster, Beetlejuice for major 2017 IP attraction to use all of SF
2017 Twister (for Steven Spielberg Action Show copy from Japan) and Terminator Re-Vamp to new movie franchise if successful
2018 HRRR ( management will finally have had enough of this ride and plead to UC and Corp to send it to heck)
Does any of this look remotely close to being true? Let me know.

I can't see Mummy going. It's executed very well and fills a unique niche(indoor middle-intensity coaster); there's nothing else like it at USF, let alone the rest of the resort. Moneymaking gift shop or not, sometimes you just need a damn good and unique ride to help pull people into the park. After 30+ rides (probably low compared to some of you guys on here lol, but still), it remains as enjoyable as ever. My park ticket/AP would be considerably less valuable without it.

Saw a couple mentions of Dr. Doom. The ride experience isn't all that, but it's such an iconic piece of IoA's skyline. The two drop towers are always one of the first landmarks guests can see when travelling to the resort...I think it's pretty important for that reason. Anyone else feel the same way?

Definitely agree with that about Dr. Doom. Not the greatest ride but it's one of my favorite sights of the whole resort. I don't see it going anywhere unless they plan on changing MSHI, which doesn't seem to be in the cards anytime soon.

Since KidZone seems like a goner in the near future, I'll go with Shrek as next likely to go. Don't know what they can put there that is relevant and that everyone would enjoy. TMNT maybe?

The Shrek 4D movie could leave and both building could make way for something else.
In Kidszone we could see the highly themed Shrek area recreated from Universal Studios Singapore.
The area could have a nice dark ride, meet and greet and a short version of the hilarious musical that was on Broadway.
Food would be fun recreations from all the disgusting food Shrek and Fiona like, like rat on a stick and a martini with eyeballs.
Every afternoon there could be a dj and dancing like at the end of each movie.

Would you say Shrek is Far Far Away from closing? :rofl:
HA!!! Punny Nate strikes again

But in all seriousness shrek is still used in all the marketing, advertising and is still an overall giant IP for universal. Why build far far away or replace it if it's doing it's job and bringing people in? There's no need for expansion

I wouldn't say incredibly. It's gotten looked at seriously, but there are bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Looked at for replacement or total knock down and rebuild of something?
What would you rather see happen with Shrek?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my predictions, for what its worth:
2015 Shrek closes with quick replacement, Fievel, Woody Coaster, Barney, and CG for major 2016 IP attraction
2016 Disaster, Beetlejuice for major 2017 IP attraction to use all of SF
2017 Twister (for Steven Spielberg Action Show copy from Japan) and Terminator Re-Vamp to new movie franchise if successful
2018 HRRR ( management will finally have had enough of this ride and plead to UC and Corp to send it to heck)
Does any of this look remotely close to being true? Let me know.

Why close the resorts most popular roller coaster?

Looked at for replacement or total knock down and rebuild of something?
What would you rather see happen with Shrek?

- - - Updated - - -

Why close the resorts most popular roller coaster?
By 2018 there will be so many newer attractions that hrrr won't be anywhere near as popular and right now it's costing Universal tons of money to maintain and operate and the negative PR it keeps getting with Evacs that require the OFD assistance doesn't help either. This wouldn't be the first time universal has closed a popular attraction for maintenance reasons either. King Kong was still popular and associated with the universal brand when it was removed for the mummy. The sole reason it was removed were high operation costs and maintenance nightmares.

Definitely agree with that about Dr. Doom. Not the greatest ride but it's one of my favorite sights of the whole resort. I don't see it going anywhere unless they plan on changing MSHI, which doesn't seem to be in the cards anytime soon.

Since KidZone seems like a goner in the near future, I'll go with Shrek as next likely to go. Don't know what they can put there that is relevant and that everyone would enjoy. TMNT maybe?

TMNT was produced by Nickelodeon and Paramount...isn't there a rocky relationship with both Nickelodeon and Paramount with Universal which ultimately led to Nickelodeon being removed slowly from Universal? Seems like Paramount wanted sole use of the Nickeloldeon franchise for its Paramount theme parks and Universal didn't want to give that up. Maybe I just dreamed that idk?

By 2018 there will be so many newer attractions that hrrr won't be anywhere near as popular and right now it's costing Universal tons of money to maintain and operate and the negative PR it keeps getting with Evacs that require the OFD assistance doesn't help either. This wouldn't be the first time universal has closed a popular attraction for maintenance reasons either. King Kong was still popular and associated with the universal brand when it was removed for the mummy. The sole reason it was removed were high operation costs and maintenance nightmares.

The issue is what replaces HRRR, they can't close a popular coaster and not replace it and really with the footprint only another coaster can go here. Which really makes no sense on a marketing side of things. I think HRRR has many years in front of it.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
As much as HRRR has issues, it still is quite a good coaster and since Universal spend the money to refurbish the trains I doubt they will get rid of this any time soon.
Also, speaking of rides having issues, Gringotts has issues, Transformers has issues ... some rides will always have permanent issues ...

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn