Next Attraction To Go? | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
People that say Disaster is a terrible attraction betray their limited perception as a frequent guest. Disaster is a popular experience with people coming to the parks for the first time (or once every few years); it's funny, entertaining, and isn't loaded with rider restrictions. Objectively/arguably, it's very solid - it just doesn't appeal to the AP crowd because it takes 45 minutes to actually experience.

Now granted, if the mechanical problems are as critical and insurmountable as some on here are implying, then yeah, it may be time for it to go... but, much like its opening day brother Kong, it won't close for being a shoddy or unpopular attraction.

You could make far more of a case for Twister... there's an attraction I won't shed a tear for if it leaves (though I will miss that second preshow chamber).

In fact disasters popularity grew with potter next to it making it grow giant lines.
I personally never really liked disaster because of the constant audience participation witch I find lazy writing. Twister is fun though for a cheesy factor and legit cool effects. Both can go without too much mourning from me

Why? Respectively.

I think Disaster is a terrible attraction.

More importantly, after the recent Harry Potter editions I'm extremely curious to see how they can re-do an area! Awesome times we live in theme park innovation!

- - - Updated - - -

So in Essence , whatever replaces Twitter won't be a daily theme park attraction?

I kinda like Disaster a little bit, but I agree something better could go in that space. But I do not see that F&F attraction as better than what is there, if they took that same show and stuck it in the existing ride I would be pissed. On the studio tour people are kinda just trapped into sitting thru it, but I don't see people lining up just to see it.

Also I believe Teebs was saying he would rather Jimmy Fallon bring his show back once a year than have his own attraction.

I kinda like Disaster a little bit, but I agree something better could go in that space. But I do not see that F&F attraction as better than what is there, if they took that same show and stuck it in the existing ride I would be pissed. On the studio tour people are kinda just trapped into sitting thru it, but I don't see people lining up just to see it.

Also I believe Teebs was saying he would rather Jimmy Fallon bring his show back once a year than have his own attraction.

I liked Disaster when it was Earthquake. But the whole fan interaction thing is cool, just need to find a new way to do it.
My favorite thing about Disaster is the ride scene, now that I don't mind seeing stay. Earthquake was specific. Just as Twister which is why I had no problem with the. Disaster , could be anything. I don't feel like the entire scenes in the ride do that. It has a terrible connection for me.

If they do FF I don't see how they could build that into the current building. When did FF ever involve a subway? (Besides the new one in London) ?

Imma be pissed if they just overlay Disaster with this:

[video=youtube_share;uC_mDNeoPI4]http://youtu.be/uC_mDNeoPI4[/video]

:rofl:

What if Universal would replace Disaster with FF and put amazing cool cars on robot arms like in the above video and put those arms on a track like Carsland. You could be in a stunt car driving trough streets and buildings, spinning, jumping pver explosions and more. I don't give a hoot about FF but I would love this ride.

Universal closed most "making off" rides and it's easy to see this is the next one.
For Twister, the one trick pony that killed the amazing Ghostbuster show, I have no love. This fart in a building can leave and be replaced by a Rockettes Holliday show that changes form Christmas, Easter, Winter, Spring, Summer theme. :drool:

F&F is so crappy and teen boy centric.

Teebin, it's by far the company's most profitable franchise right now. Considering the money it makes, there are far more than teenagers going to see it.

I overstated and was far too specific, forgive me. It is supposed to become an NBC Rockefeller Center "experience". Sorry.

It's...uh...a little more interesting than that.

Teebin, it's by far the company's most profitable franchise right now. Considering the money it makes, there are far more than teenagers going to see it.

Yes it makes money, but I still don't see it being a draw in the park. I don't know a single person in my group of friends that goes and sees the movies. It is not something people even around me talk about. Not like I am an old fart or anything, I am in my 30s with a young child. I feel it is a niche market and I don't know that those do well in a theme park. But we will see. Honestly until this board, I didn't even know there was so many movies, I basically heard of F&F but beyond that knew nothing else about it.

Now if they do something cool with it like a test track or some of other type of thing where you experience the speed and thrill of being in a fast car doing stunts, it will work. But if it is a look from the outside into it (like Hollywood version), I just don't seeing it being a popular repeat type of ride and I don't see it being something people will run to go see unless you are a fan of the movies.

Yes it makes money, but I still don't see it being a draw in the park. I don't know a single person in my group of friends that goes and sees the movies. It is not something people even around me talk about. Not like I am an old fart or anything, I am in my 30s with a young child. I feel it is a niche market and I don't know that those do well in a theme park. But we will see. Honestly until this board, I didn't even know there was so many movies, I basically heard of F&F but beyond that knew nothing else about it.

Now if they do something cool with it like a test track or some of other type of thing where you experience the speed and thrill of being in a fast car doing stunts, it will work. But if it is a look from the outside into it (like Hollywood version), I just don't seeing it being a popular repeat type of ride and I don't see it being something people will run to go see unless you are a fan of the movies.

Old fart :p Just kidding :lol:

Im opposite, I think F&F would be a huge draw for them and would hope they did something fast and thrilling with. Anyone know what exactly Hollywood's version will be? I saw the building and looks like a decent size

Fast 6 made nearly 800 million dollars worldwide, it's not a niche market.

It's not going to be a Transformers or Potter level draw, but it'll be a way bigger draw and bigger merch mover than Disaster is

THIS RIGHT HERE EXPLAINS EVERYTHING... TBH there are many more things that can replace this ride that are far more relevant and can move a lot more sales and market a visit to the park.. we KNOW what universal has been able to do since Comcast.. do people on here seriously think their, going to back TRACK and half ass the replacement of these rides? they set a standard for themselves and have seen incredible success when living up to them... i don't think they are going to lower those standards for a long LONG time.

With that said i understand the nostalgia that people hold for these "rides" but i believe Comcast is looking to create a new future, new memories, new experiences, and frankly i think they want to use the spaces for more than just HHN houses.. lol

Fast 6 made nearly 800 million dollars worldwide, it's not a niche market.

It's not going to be a Transformers or Potter level draw, but it'll be a way bigger draw and bigger merch mover than Disaster is

I am not disputing that it won't be a bigger draw or that more merch won't sell. For sure this is the case. I also think if they do it right, people who are not into F&F will continue to ride it. However, if they do something really bad like what Hollywood has now, well... I don't see many doing a repeat visit to even buy more merch.

I am not disputing that it won't be a bigger draw or that more merch won't sell. For sure this is the case. I also think if they do it right, people who are not into F&F will continue to ride it. However, if they do something really bad like what Hollywood has now, well... I don't see many doing a repeat visit to even buy more merch.

The Fast and Furious close up in Hollywood isn't an attraction. They're also ripping it out because they knew it was terrible. No way they bring that to Orlando

I also think F&F is a lame IP. Transformers is attractive to the similar demo that F&F appeals to, albeit does so in a better way, and Transformers is already in that area of the park. It will more than likely have a similar motif, with fast-paced movement projected on screens.

I would agree with previous posters who say that Universal should stick with the higher quality IPs that appeal to a larger cross-section. They have been so successful with top notch IPs since 1990, and will continue to be. Regardless if the IP is in-house or not.

Sounds like my opinion doesn't matter, so will look forward to a new attraction.

Last edited:
If they put in a f&f ride that uses the same ride system as gringotts that would be amazing. Don't tandem them and have a fake Sports Car. That way you can get fast speeds and you can have your car spin out and launch and stuff. You could even have a part where 2 cars line up next to each other and drag for the finale. It would just be kinda weird with two similar ride systems right next to each other.