Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

I'm confused. Is the expectation that the new Mario land will be significantly different than what was to go to Kidzone? I thought it was moved because they wanted more headline support for Park 3. Not to actually significantly alter the plans?

My understanding is that Park 3 would essentially get the same thing as Japan, perhaps with a DK coaster. Sort of like how Hogsmeade is kept pretty much fully intact between every iteration.

My assumption, and this comes with no context or insider knowledge; is that they'll make changes where needed, but this should be along the lines of the plans that were set in stone for Kidzone before that was pulled. The only exception, may be on how things are handled and in potentially doing something extra.

I'm confused. Is the expectation that the new Mario land will be significantly different than what was to go to Kidzone? I thought it was moved because they wanted more headline support for Park 3. Not to actually significantly alter the plans?

My understanding is that Park 3 would essentially get the same thing as Japan, perhaps with a DK coaster. Sort of like how Hogsmeade is kept pretty much fully intact between every iteration.

It's possible that there will completely unique style of SNW in the third park, but the rides/attractions won't change at all for the most part (with the possible exception being any added attractions like a Luigi's Mansion ride, and what's below). But it's not very likely.

As for the DK coaster, I believe that @Legacy said that they're hearing that the coaster has been pulled for a different ride, using a ride-system currently found elsewhere at the resort. I'm not sure if I believe that, but we'll have to see.

Allegedly the DK Ride has been drastically changed (upgrades). Other than that I’m not expecting much different, though I could see them adding another ride

So when the land first come, it was stated this was Universal's first time building up and having a vertical land. With this moving to the new park, could part of the upcoming changes to SNW be increasing the scale and size of the buildings/land due a possible sight line issue caused by a certain project going up nearby?

So when the land first come, it was stated this was Universal's first time building up and having a vertical land. With this moving to the new park, could part of the upcoming changes to SNW be increasing the scale and size of the buildings/land due a possible sight line issue caused by a certain project going up nearby?
The smart thing about SNW is while you’re in it, you’re so close to the tall walls around it that you can’t see things outside if it, exactly like Diagon Alley. So, as long as there’s like a half a mile or so between Mario and that tall thing that still isn’t built yet it should be totally fine.

9i6iy739bwm11.jpg

Look who was spotted in Universal Studios Hollywood yesterday...could he have had meetings recently with the creative teams?

Yea, I would not be shocked to see them add a Luigi’s Mansion Ride. Or add the flat rides that were initially in the plans back in. I’m not expecting them, but it wouldn’t shock me

I would be surprised. At best, if plans aren't 100% finalized until after Osaka is built, I think we might get some bigger walkways than originally planned- similar to USH Hogsmeade.
Only because we don't really have a track record of Universal making clones "better". Even F&F was an identical film when they could have easily redone it and fixed the existing complaints.

I would be surprised. At best, if plans aren't 100% finalized until after Osaka is built, I think we might get some bigger walkways than originally planned- similar to USH Hogsmeade.
Only because we don't really have a track record of Universal making clones "better". Even F&F was an identical film when they could have easily redone it and fixed the existing complaints.

I think if it was going into USF or IoA still, I'd agree with you.. The only reason I could see something (other than Donkey Kong) being added to the USJ plans is because it's going to be the new park headliner.

Again, I'm not expecting it to happen, but I could see it.

Those clones haven’t been a new park’s main draw.