Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 541 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I also wouldn't expect any additional "Worlds" added to the Mario land. I guess *maybe* a Luigi's Mansion area if they add a ride for that to the land (big IF). But the land will still look relatively similar to what we saw before.
Luigi’s mansion or riot! Lol Jk. Also wouldn’t the themeing of the land be “off” if the only ride was Mario ( kart!) and the outside theme was basically super Mario 3D world. Doesn’t make sense to me. Seems like there should be a Mario kart racing theme in that area.if that’s the only ride in that area

Last edited:
Reactions: HPFred and jseal777
I mean the distinction between a "Mario Kart" (any of the games) themed land and a super mario 3d world themed land will be lost on most people, especially just sticking to the most archetypal mario locales. speaking of luigi's mansion though, the newly announced one seems to take place in a toweresque haunted hotel that would make for a pretty cool landmark and attraction .

Luigi’s mansion or riot! Lol Jk. Also wouldn’t the themeing of the land be “off” if the only ride was Mario ( kart!) and the outside theme was basically super Mario 3D world. Doesn’t make sense to me. Seems like there should be a Mario kart racing theme in that area.if that’s the only ride in that area

It's not the only ride in the area. There's also a Yoshi dark ride, as well as multiple play areas themed to Mario.

I mean the distinction between a "Mario Kart" (any of the games) themed land and a super mario 3d world themed land will be lost on most people, especially just sticking to the most archetypal mario locales. speaking of luigi's mansion though, the newly announced one seems to take place in a toweresque haunted hotel that would make for a pretty cool landmark and
I agree. But seems like a missed opportunity to stretch Nintendo around. I.e. Mario kart=studios. Mario world= fantastic worlds .but that’s just my thoughts. Or even better Luigi’s mansion= studios. Mario kart =fantastic worlds. Luigi’s mansion = tower of terror

I agree. But seems like a missed opportunity to stretch Nintendo around. I.e. Mario kart=studios. Mario world= fantastic worlds .but that’s just my thoughts.
Well in that regards, i think Nintendo has a large portfolio of ips that there isnt much need to try to split mario up at all. Zelda and Pokemon are big enough for their own lands, stuff like kirby, metroid, splatoon,star fox etc are notable enough to at least have merchandise or meet n greet opportunities.

I agree. But seems like a missed opportunity to stretch Nintendo around. I.e. Mario kart=studios. Mario world= fantastic worlds .but that’s just my thoughts. Or even better Luigi’s mansion= studios. Mario kart =fantastic worlds. Luigi’s mansion = tower of terror
Well in that regards, i think Nintendo has a large portfolio of ips that there isnt much need to try to split mario up at all. Zelda and Pokemon are big enough for their own lands, stuff like kirby, metroid, splatoon,star fox etc are notable enough to at least have merchandise or meet n greet opportunities.

Yea, splitting up Mario properties between parks makes no sense when Nintendo has so many IPs at its disposal

I hope Mario kart is not the main e ticket. And we get a surprise. Mario kart is a excellent choice for a e ticket. But I’m hoping Luigi’s mansion and dk get plused up. Need to get a top e ticket ride for every park with Nintendo.in other words a“diagon alley” themed level area in each one. Zelda would be perfect for lc.i just don’t know where studios could fit something. Kinda looks tight

Last edited:
Reactions: therock
I hope Mario kart is not the main e ticket. And we get a surprise. Mario kart is a excellent choice for a e ticket. But I’m hoping Luigi’s mansion and dk get plused up. Need to get a top e ticket ride for every park with Nintendo.in other words a“diagon alley” themed level area in each one. Zelda would be perfect for lc.i just don’t know where studios could fit something. Kinda looks tight
I cannot imagine any other Nintendo ride out E-Ticketing Mario Kart based on the details I’ve heard for it.

I know what you said I just wanted to hear what you think. Lol. Wow I’m excited. I like both dark rides and thrill. Depends on how much citywalk I’ve eaten.

Reactions: Alicia

Allegedly DK has been upgraded. If it has been to the point people are saying, I’d call it an E, but it won’t be better than Mario Kart.

Let’s see if Luigi even happens before dying it needs to be upgraded

Allegedly DK has been upgraded. If it has been to the point people are saying, I’d call it an E, but it won’t be better than Mario Kart.

Let’s see if Luigi even happens before dying it needs to be upgraded
Wonder what dk was before upgrading? Woody woodpecker?