Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 542 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is the belief that Mario Kart will be the Spidey equivalent in the new park?

A dark ride which truly blows your mind and is still a classic (almost) 20 years later?

Reactions: Magic-Man
One thing I find curious is on the Uni Blue Sky thread, Alex posted an interview speaking to the new park and the man spoke how the overall design, layout, IPs and scope have been locked down for over a year now. So that aligns with the breaks put on for Kidzone. Maybe SNW's mult-level concept my influence the rest of this new gate. I wonder how much is truly "locked in" at this point.

One thing I find curious is on the Uni Blue Sky thread, Alex posted an interview speaking to the new park and the man spoke how the overall design, layout, IPs and scope have been locked down for over a year now. So that aligns with the breaks put on for Kidzone. Maybe SNW's mult-level concept my influence the rest of this new gate. I wonder how much is truly "locked in" at this point.

I mean, at this point; they are probably bound to have the layout and angle/scope of the new district down for the starting base. That said, I do have to wonder about IP's too, considering the IP's being rumored.

I mean, at this point; they are probably bound to have the layout and angle/scope of the new district down for the starting base. That said, I do have to wonder about IP's too, considering the IP's being rumored.

Exactly.....so let's say these IP's have been locked down for over a year now AND it was said there were approx. 25? Makes me kind of rethink some of the IPs I had on my list....I'm guessing each world will have a significant amount of IPs per world. SNW could have MarioKart, DK, Yoshis Cookie, Luigi Mansion, Kirby, Pikmin *crosses fingers*

Exactly.....so let's say these IP's have been locked down for over a year now AND it was said there were approx. 25? Makes me kind of rethink some of the IPs I had on my list....I'm guessing each world will have a significant amount of IPs per world. SNW could have MarioKart, DK, Yoshis Cookie, Luigi Mansion, Kirby, Pikmin *crosses fingers*
Not Yoshi’s Cookie, just Yoshi which is already confirmed. Mario, DK, Yoshi, and Luigi’s Mansion would all kind of be one IP anyway since it’s pretty much confirmed all those characters share the same universe so it’s not out of place to put them together. @Alicia has said she heard about tiny Pikmin being hidden around the land but that’s the extent of their inclusion. Nobody knows if Kirby and Luigi have been added back in.

Not Yoshi’s Cookie, just Yoshi which is already confirmed. Mario, DK, Yoshi, and Luigi’s Mansion would all kind of be one IP anyway since it’s pretty much confirmed all those characters share the same universe so it’s not out of place to put them together. @Alicia has said she heard about tiny Pikmin being hidden around the land but that’s the extent of their inclusion. Nobody knows if Kirby and Luigi have been added back in.
Correct, although I believe many of the characters we encounter on the Yoshi ride will be from the "Yoshi's Island" series of games (like baby Mario probably). So, like Donkey Kong, the Yoshi ride is based on its own franchise as well (and not Super Mario World, etc).

Correct, although I believe many of the characters we encounter on the Yoshi ride will be from the "Yoshi's Island" series of games (like baby Mario probably). So, like Donkey Kong, the Yoshi ride is based on its own franchise as well (and not Super Mario World, etc).
If Baby Mario is there though that means it’s still part of the Mario franchise ;)

Same goes for Donkey Kong Country due to the obvious connections in Odyssey’s New Donk City.

Yes I’m a Nintendo nerd.

Reactions: Magic-Man
If Baby Mario is there though that means it’s still part of the Mario franchise ;)

Same goes for Donkey Kong Country due to the obvious connections in Odyssey’s New Donk City.

Yes I’m a Nintendo nerd.
Totally, just specifying it a bit more. Not sure if that was something I have talked about much.

Totally, just specifying it a bit more. Not sure if that was something I have talked about much.
Yeah you did mention baddies from Yoshi’s Island but I don’t think you said Baby Mario before.
Disneyhead clarified that

Mushroom Kingdom (Mario)
Luigi's Mansion
Yoshi's Island
DK's Jungle

All count as separate IPs.
Which is why I said they’re “kind of” one IP and not “definitively” one IP. Having all these characters in one land is a bit different than having one land with Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon for instance.

Reactions: Alicia
Yeah you did mention baddies from Yoshi’s Island but I don’t think you said Baby Mario before.

Which is why I said they’re “kind of” one IP and not “definitively” one IP. Having all these characters in one land is a bit different than having one land with Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon for instance.
Think of Nintendo like marvel. Marvel has a massive character library and Nintendo has a pretty extensive cast of characters some with their separate universes. Like Metroid or Star Fox or Zelda. There may be nods to Mario in some of these games ( Stan lee cameos) but each different characters universe is there own ( Zelda). Putting Mario in hyrule would be.. idk silly,off putting. But link can show up in Mario kart all he wants. Mario kart is a mash up of characters it doesn’t have to make since it’s a racing game. No story to tell. Hyrule should be it’s own land and universal should build the great duku tree. That’s the perfect answer for Disney’s big tree they got.

Think of Nintendo like marvel. Marvel has a massive character library and Nintendo has a pretty extensive cast of characters some with their separate universes. Like Metroid or Star Fox or Zelda. There may be nods to Mario in some of these games ( Stan lee cameos) but each different characters universe is there own ( Zelda). Putting Mario in hyrule would be.. idk silly,off putting. But link can show up in Mario kart all he wants. Mario kart is a mash up of characters it doesn’t have to make since it’s a racing game. No story to tell. Hyrule should be it’s own land and universal should build the great duku tree. That’s the perfect answer for Disney’s big tree they got.

There's a difference between Nintendo & Marvel.

While Nintendo doesn't have any limits (as far as we know) on what Universal can use, Marvel is complicated when you consider the radius rule for Marvel.

Reactions: MrBlonde

While Nintendo doesn't have any limits (as far as we know) on what Universal can use, Marvel is complicated when you consider the radius rule for Marvel.

True. And very thoughtfully answered. I’m not that big of a Nintendo or marvel fan and 99% of folks don’t know of marvels radius rule anyway. Marvel really didn’t get popular with average people like myself until the movies. I was more of pointing to how nintendo has characters with their own “universe “. And how each character can be or is their own intellectual property. So while universal only has marvels comics rights. They have all of Nintendo. So good job