Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 445 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I need a wheelchair when it comes to the Nintendo lexicon. Example: I privated someone here months (maybe a year) back asking what the Chinese Foo Dog was all about as it featured so prominently...

Can you guess?
This guy?
240px-Poochy.jpg

It’s Poochy. A friend of Yoshi.

Reactions: Alicia
Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi are probably drawn up and finished. All that leaves is the layout for the land itself and some of the potential extra rides like Luigi's Mansion. That'll take time, but moreso in the range of "a few months" rather than "a few years," especially if they go with something that uses a pre-existing ride system. Just enough time until they wait for the court suit to be finished in May and for ground to break shortly after... :whistle:

Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi are probably drawn up and finished. All that leaves is the layout for the land itself and some of the potential extra rides like Luigi's Mansion. That'll take time, but moreso in the range of "a few months" rather than "a few years," especially if they go with something that uses a pre-existing ride system. Just enough time until they wait for the court suit to be finished in May and for ground to break shortly after... :whistle:
If it is heavily expanded great. The stupidity would come from simply transplanting the ready to go KidZone plans.
I’m embarassed to admit that it turned out to be Bowser... he looked like a foo dog to me. Must have been the big teeth.
:ban:

Reactions: Joel
Move HK to KZ and that would leave more room for DM/Illumination land in the front of the park
But how many Hello Kitty attractions can you add in such a sizable chunk of land?

They'd be better off building a Hello Kitty mini-land (Fantasyland-style dark ride, flat ride, shop, sweets store) and then building more intricate areas for Curious George and Woody Woodpecker (each getting a Fantasyland-style dark ride, Curious George taking over Barney, Woody's coaster replaced with something a little more elaborate). At least that's balanced and wouldn't be pretty much all-girls.

If Nintendo doesn't go into USF, the best alternatives are, respectively:
  1. Illumination
  2. DreamWorks
  3. Japan (Hello Kitty, Godzilla/Pacific Rim, Pokémon)
  4. Well-rounded kid-friendly hodgepodge (Hello Kitty, MLP, TMNT, E.T., Curious George, Woody Woodpecker)
I'd support option 4 as a non-Nintendo KidZone replacement the most. It'd require the least amount of downtime and could be done in phases. Nintendo, Illumination and DreamWorks should all be featured in the 3rd major theme park or, in DW's case, possibly replace Toon Lagoon.
If it is heavily expanded great. The stupidity would come from simply transplanting the ready to go KidZone plans.
Agreed.

After looking at the original plans, something closer to that blueprint's attraction count would be good for SNW so it can be everything Fantasyland is, but better. A lot of the flat rides listed would be good small additions. I'd like to see the Bullet Bill attraction since it looks different from what you'd normally see.

Reactions: captainmoch
I can see Nintendo's old plan be easily repurposed as Illuminations. Mario Kart E-Ticket replaced with Despicable Me, SLOP replacing what would be a Donkey Kong mini area and Sing replacing the small Zelda area. And then a general main street cartoony type area.

I can see Nintendo's old plan be easily repurposed as Illuminations. Mario Kart E-Ticket replaced with Despicable Me, SLOP replacing what would be a Donkey Kong mini area and Sing replacing the small Zelda area. And then a general main street cartoony type area.

Hypothetically, if Sanrio is on the table for that area, I think we should more think towards a Wonderland-esque area, with multiple IP's from different companies along the way.

If that's the case, then they can easily update and make renovations to Animal Actors, repurpose Barney and a part of the area around that for a new family-friendly, no height requirement, Hello Kitty/Sanrio dark ride, and then gutting Woody and Curious George to a family area out of perhaps a new IP.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Put a super silly fun land and the rumored villain con ride in there with Slop or possibly a relocated DMMM. Both even? That allows them to remove the DMMM building. If you add Shrek and HRRR to the expendable list, theres a lot they could do right at the front of the park.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Put a super silly fun land and the rumored villain con ride in there with Slop or possibly a relocated DMMM. Both even? That allows them to remove the DMMM building. If you add Shrek and HRRR to the expendable list, theres a lot they could do right at the front of the park.

You can even have the opportunity to redo HRRR.

They might just keep Animal Actors as it is. That show is fine as is. Do a Hello Kitty Show to replace Barney. Retheme Woody's coaster. And then the only real replacement & build would be to tear down Feivel & Curious George and replace them with new attractions appropriately themed to Kitty or whatever. . Could be a cheap, fast, easy transition that limits the hit on capacity. Easy to do in phases. ......Kennywood's doing a complete retheme of a section of it's park to Thomas the Train. Four new rides, a show, and a retheme of the former Kennywood Railroad. And it's only taking three or four months to do the whole transition. Starting construction in March and will be ready to go in June.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
You mean retheming the same rides?

You mean retheming the same rides?

I think he's more refering to using the area layout that SNW already had, and repurposing it to match what they would want to do for still closing down Kidzone.

That said, it should be discussed in the proper thread, and not here, as it seems more and more that Kidzone is possibly becoming something else.

If Nintendo doesn't go to USF, then DreamWorks Animation can be the only possible thing suitable off. Comcast purchased DreamWorks Animation and it would be such a potential to expand it into Dreamworks Animation land with practical effects and stuff like that.

So Yoshi is a sorta "best of" Mario game worlds and it also has Bowser? Okay, starting to get more excited about this one already!:popcorn:

So Yoshi is a sorta "best of" Mario game worlds and it also has Bowser? Okay, starting to get more excited about this one already!:popcorn:
I don't think Bowser shows up in Yoshi, maybe elsewhere... But I was surprised by how many baddies from Mario Bros 2 may show up... (I'm sure they have appeared in new games since, but their first appearances would have been in good old school SMB2.)

Reactions: |Q|