Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

I've been watching some Super Mario Odyssey gameplay videos and man that game looks so creative! Also I'm getting some Mario 64 and Sunshine vibes from it. Looks like its going to be awesome!

Just like Breath of the Wild I'm sticking exclusively to trailers and no in depth gameplay. Nintendo really got their stride back after the Wii U. All this time later I still get emotional when I remember Prime 4 is a thing.

Oh man that Xenoblade gameplay. I'm so excited for it come out. Gonna be playing it non stop.

In addition to that I'm super hyped for Metroid, the new Pokemon title, Mario x Rabbids, Kirby and of course the new Mario. Loved Nintendo's spotlight as a whole and with all those in addition to Splatoon 2, I'm 100% set for quite some time. Feels good not having to worry about getting a console later on when they'll be harder to find.

Oh man that Xenoblade gameplay. I'm so excited for it come out. Gonna be playing it non stop.

In addition to that I'm super hyped for Metroid, the new Pokemon title, Mario x Rabbids, Kirby and of course the new Mario. Loved Nintendo's spotlight as a whole and with all those in addition to Splatoon 2, I'm 100% set for quite some time. Feels good not having to worry about getting a console later on when they'll be harder to find.

Good luck to anyone looking for a Switch when Pokémon drops.

Seems the switch line up is getting stronger, hopefully this mean more third parties will get on board for their big games.
Ever since the first reveal I've slowly come to the realization that AAA western third parties will likely never fully embrace it. What the Switch will get however is all the devs that developed for the 3DS and Vita. Then you can add in that no handheld ever needed those huge games to be successful and there's no cause for alarm.

Oh no...

What are they working on since Tropical Freeze then?

Retro's working on 2 games. 1 is a new IP, the other is probably a DKC game now that they're not working on Metroid.

Seems the switch line up is getting stronger, hopefully this mean more third parties will get on board for their big games.

You're never gonna see the big, AAA games for Switch. It just can't run them to perfect specifications. You're more likely to see any third parties developing new games for Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're never gonna see the big, AAA games for Switch. It just can't run them to perfect specifications. You're more likely to see any third parties developing new games for Switch.

Unless if Nintendo in the next two to three years brings a PS4-Pro/XBOX like update to Switch, I agree.

I see unique games from Triple AAA third party games, and not necessarily direct versions of the latest games.

Ever since the first reveal I've slowly come to the realization that AAA western third parties will likely never fully embrace it. What the Switch will get however is all the devs that developed for the 3DS and Vita. Then you can add in that no handheld ever needed those huge games to be successful and there's no cause for alarm.

It should be able to handle most games really, though I agree probably not on a high enough level of quality.
I'd be happy with just more of the 3DS devs, the original wii had more of those as well.

Retro's working on 2 games. 1 is a new IP, the other is probably a DKC game now that they're not working on Metroid.
How do you know?
The industry as a whole except Nintendo themselves will most treat the Switch like it's just a handheld.

I'm fine with that.
Switch can't handle a game like Call of Duty without scaling the visuals back a bunch.
They did it for the Wii which was much weaker than PS360 compared to Switch vs. PS4/XBO.

There were even DS versions.

Recent handhelds sometimes in like the past 15 years haven't cost as much as the Switch does and due to the growth of mobile phone games the number of games made specifically for handheld devices that only play games has decreased compared to when the PSP and Vita were competing with Nintendo handhelds .

Recent handhelds sometimes in like the past 15 years haven't cost as much as the Switch does and due to the growth of mobile phone games the number of games made specifically for handheld devices that only play games has decreased compared to when the PSP and Vita were competing with Nintendo handhelds .
Well Switches are flying off the shelves even before Pokémon arrives so...

I've been lucky there have been no switches in stock or I'd have splurged.

And I've noticed that stores have downsized their display space for the consoles - like no longer a big case but rather a slot in the game case. They know not to waste real estate on an item that will usually be out of stock.

I don't doubt Pokemon, but I have a slight feeling that Metroid get pushed to early 2019.

Who knows, but it'd be a great way to have them on for the same year.

Meanwhile, rumors of a potential LA Noire port for Nintendo Switch are starting to kick up, and that it's gaining more potential traction, with first person being added (IE similar to GTA V) along with a remaster of the game.

Pokemon is the only one of two that I think is far more likely for Holiday 2018, but I can't see Prime 4 for 2018.
The producer of the Prime series was talking a lot about where he would want to take it after Federation Force was announced. The game could be much farther along than the teaser or officially released info let on. I mean, look at how long they held back Samus Returns on 3DS.