Nintendo Switch | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So having more people can absolutely 100% never help the developement process?

Good to know.

Allow me to say this,

Is it great to have more people, people extremely talented, work in what they want? Yes, but I think people need to keep in mind that companies, organizations, and groups, aren't vastly rich with Scrooge McDuck sized banks for them to dive into.

I really, REALLY hate saying that, but I think we need to know that we can't just expect entertainment groups to be able to do whatever they want. There is a need for balance, and not over-flowing.

Reactions: captainmoch
Apparently they don’t want to constantly tease us with Prime 4. What they’re not realizing however is that the biggest tease is leaving us with just the logo video from last year.
Why Nintendo didn’t show Metroid Prime 4 at E3 - Polygon

Last of Us 2 doesn’t have a date yet but that game got two full trailers and then this year gameplay. I would’ve even taken a simple “the game is still being worked on, so in the meantime here’s the Trilogy in HD.” I would’ve lost my damn mind.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Just an update. After about 3 or so hours I can confirm that Hollow Knight is a legit old school treat. It's not an "easy" game, but it is fair. You don't have the ability to just hack and slash through bosses like a lot of modern games. Most bosses take timing, patience, and pattern recognition. (as they should!).
Bosses and enemies that feel (impossible) at first become completely easy once you learn there pattern. Plat forming (so far) hasn't been that tough, but I can see the mechanics are in place for some tricky plat forming sections.

The game can feel a little overwhelming while you're exploring, because save spots aren't clearly marked at first, and maps have to be found and updated.
The key to the game (so far) is pacing yourself and healing yourself on a regular basis. As you progress you start to earn "badges", that act as buffs and help to make the game a little easier. The issue is that you can only equip so many badges at once, and you can only change badges at save points.

This makes for interesting choices. For instance one of the badges is a "compass" that basically acts as your beacon on the game map. Without it equipped, your left just staring at a map without knowing "exactly" where you are. So it becomes a choice. Do I buff this ability, or should I equip the compass so I don't get "lost". The lack of save points, or save anywhere feature adds to this dilemma. When you die, you not only go back to the save point, but you also lose all your "money". The good news is you can return to the same room you died and "kill" your ghost, which gives you back all your loot. (Similar to dark souls?, I 've heard.).

Anyway. Highly recommended for fans of old school Metroid/Castlevania/Mega Man games.

I'd say Spring 2019 is soon

Close to a year away from now, whereas about everything they showed is coming out in less than half a year. I mean, I agree, it is not that far away, but it is further than other things shown. So why not show Yoshi? Unless its delay will put it at the end of 2019 instead. Perhaps Nintendo is just playing it save, by only announcing stuff they know won't be delayed. In any case, my daughter ants Fire Emblem for her daughter, so she'll be happy :)

I wonder what it could be, and why Nintendo didn’t think to announce it at E3?

‘Doom’ Makes Argument For Switch As Simultaneous Release Platform – Variety

I don't think the reveal of Panic Button will be for Doom though, as it does not have platforms revealed yet to begin with. I think when it comes to Doom, Bethesda will reveal it is coming to switch at Quakecon. A lot of people hope the Panic Button revelation will be for Fallout, Evil Within would be nice as well.

Anyone playing the Octo Expansion? It's very well done and it's clear they're using the

metro as a symbol of the dark depths of the ocean.[/quote]

I don't think the reveal of Panic Button will be for Doom though, as it does not have platforms revealed yet to begin with. I think when it comes to Doom, Bethesda will reveal it is coming to switch at Quakecon. A lot of people hope the Panic Button revelation will be for Fallout, Evil Within would be nice as well.
And Quakecon is in August, not next month. I hope it’s something really good.

“Loot boxes, broadly speaking, have gotten a bit of a bad rap. The game mechanic of buying something that you’re not sure what’s inside is as old as baseball cards. What we believe at Nintendo is that a gameplay mechanic that offers the consumer something to buy that they’re not sure what’s inside can be interesting as long as that’s not the only way you can get those items. And that’s where some developers have made some mistakes. For us, its one of many mechanics we can use to drive on-going engagement in the game.” -Reggie
Nintendo's Fils-Aime Hits Back at Analysts as Stock Declines - Bloomberg
CmjZjs9.gif

The article also talks about one of the worst stock performances since September 2015 due to lack of big E3 announcements.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Nothing to worry about as Nintendo does most of their announcements outside of E3 now. I don't see anyone freaking about with Take 2/Rockstar because RD2 wasn't shown off at E3.
Because GTA V as a single game still makes boatloads of money and we know RDR 2 is still coming this year.

What’s your opinion on Reggie’s loot box comment?