Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

Ha! I do actually listen to Podquisition, even though I find the guy himself a bit... much. He’s a sensationalist, but I guess when you’re trying to make a living in a saturated market, you have to be loud to get the attention.

Question: For those of you who have played the previous Metroid Prime games, can you compare them to a current game on the market? I'm sort of curious when it comes to the game. And if not, can you explain the whole concept to me? Like, is it open world, or more of a closed adventure? Any RPG elements?

Also, I'm really hoping that Nintendo decides to make another exploration game (like Breath of the Wild and Odyssey) in the near future, because those games were masterpieces. Those games are the only reason that the Switch has stayed afloat so far, except maybe the portability.

Yes, companies never consider expanding their player base. :lol:

tenor.gif

Last I heard the Goemon team left Konami to make Yoshi games for Nintendo. But a new Mystical Ninja would totally make my decade.

Oh really?! I guess I can be a bit hopeful then! I really hope we get a new Mystical Ninja soon, I miss that game so much! Konami sucks!

You’ll get a new Mystical Ninja.

Mystical Ninja Pachinko :rimshot:

How dare you! *BLOCKED*

No but seriously, my last hope is that one of these games somehow finds it's way onto the N64 Classic...

...and that it's even possible to find an N64 Classic in the wild. :pray:

LOL! No more pachinko please! Also, I heard rumors that N64 Classic is happening because of how successful NES and SNES Classics have been for Nintendo. (and if Mystical Ninja isn't in there I'm going to flip tables lol)

Finally got a game, and I decided to hit up the turf war with Splatoon 2.

So-far, I like the gameplay, even as I had to turn off motion controls. I'll give my thoughts more when I can.

It’s official, I’m addicted to Fortnite. I looked up all the available skins and decided to buy the Dinosaur set currently in the shop. To me it’s worth it because it is a free game after all. Plus I want to support the developers.

Last edited:
Wow that Minecraft commercial is something else, I love how simple yet effective it is. Never would have thought Sony would miss out on something as big as Minecraft. Used to criticize Nintendo relentlessly for not getting it running on the Wii. I guess it just shows that time can change everything lol.

Question: For those of you who have played the previous Metroid Prime games, can you compare them to a current game on the market? I'm sort of curious when it comes to the game. And if not, can you explain the whole concept to me? Like, is it open world, or more of a closed adventure? Any RPG elements?

Also, I'm really hoping that Nintendo decides to make another exploration game (like Breath of the Wild and Odyssey) in the near future, because those games were masterpieces. Those games are the only reason that the Switch has stayed afloat so far, except maybe the portability.

No idea what direction the new game might take, but the old trilogy were exploration-based adventure games. I'm having a hard time thinking of a current game that is similar tbh. No RPG elements that I remember, but as you explore you unlock upgrades that let you progress into previously blocked off areas. There is combat, puzzle-solving, and plenty of optional lore to digest in each game, but really, I think most people loved them because of the moody atmosphere the games were steeped in.

I really have no idea if the concept even holds up in today's market, I played them when they originally released.

Here's a recap so-far.

- I found the gameplay originally..rather simple. Yeah, color me off, but I found it simple at first, and once I got the abilities of dodging and parrying, I was on fire.
- Playing the game on the Japanese Voices for my first go-around, and I like Impa's VO and Mipha's VO.
- I somewhat wish Link has a voice, as I kind-of would like to hear how he'd talk, compared to the rest.
- I have gotten most of the first Divine Beast done, but that I am quitting that so I can go to the shrines
- Zora's Domain Pre-DB can go piss off
- Fell for the Ancient Scientist in thinking which was which
- Loving how open it feels. Like sincerely, it makes me want to think what I should do, as there is so much to see and be at.
- Died a few times on a Guardian, but I am starting to learn how to dodge a beast like that more effectively
- The Horseriding is ok, not great, but what can you do.
- I see why people love this game, but I also see why people hate this game

Interesting post from Reddit: Splatoon seems to have joined the ranks of Nintendo's biggest franchises : NintendoSwitch

A quote: "The original Splatoon became the highest selling console game in Japan in several years, and enjoyed great success all over the world. It sold 4.93 million units worldwide. For context, Super Mario Maker sold 4.00 million, and Smash sold 5.34, a mere 0.41 million more. For context

The new Splatoon thus seemed to have a lot riding on it in terms of establishing it as a big, cornerstone Nintendo franchise, and it seems to have succeeded big time. Splatoon 2 has sold 6.02 million as of March 31st, and, extrapolating based on the rate at which it is still selling, it is well on its way to 10 million units sold, and may very likely even sell more than that lifetime. In Japan, it could conceivably be the highest selling Switch game for its lifetime, and, extrapolating based on legs of the game, it can get to 5 million and the top 10 all time sellers there."

So I got a bone to pick with myself,

Nine Hearts in, and I took the words of a torch from @Chris Galindo as I went into finding the Korok forest, after failing quite badly once.

And, thanks to him, I finally got to the Master Sword, and Korok Forest..but I have now found a new problem.

I, am terrified, of pulling out the Master Sword. In quite frankly one of the strangest manner of events, this is the first time since Arkham Asylum with Croc for me, that I am terrified, to do something as simple as pulling out the all-powerful sword that "seal's the darkness". I don't know why, but this is something I never thought I'd say, but I am honestly unsure if I am going to go with the Master Sword for end-game, and keep in mind, I am two Divine Beasts down now (Revali and Mipha), so it isn't like I do have 5 more to go.

I am..pretty unsure of what to do next, and quite frankly, this may be the reason to why my experience with BoTW may be cherished more than I originally thought, as I am seeing it as the "experience" as opposed to a simple game. And you know what, I think that's what Nintendo intended for, and it's working.