Nintendo Switch | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Zelda, Mario, Splatoon, Smash, Pokémon 2019, Metroid Prime 4, etc.

This is a Nintendo system. What were you expecting?

The issue is I have every first party Nintendo AAA game released so far and its has me running out of games to play....I have other systems for games like Rocket League, Stardew Valley, Fortnite, etc...

Even then, Splatoon still hasn't worked out its internet issues during Splatfest and Metroid Prime 4 doesn't even have a release date in addition to Mother 3 and Animal Crossing Switch.

It really isn't too much to hope for more....

I like that Warframe is coming to the Switch, but part of me wishes it was something bigger. Borderlands series, a Fallout game, GTA V, etc.

The issue is I have every first party Nintendo AAA game released so far and its has me running out of games to play....I have other systems for games like Rocket League, Stardew Valley, Fortnite, etc...

Even then, Splatoon still hasn't worked out its internet issues during Splatfest and Metroid Prime 4 doesn't even have a release date in addition to Mother 3 and Animal Crossing Switch.

.....You are aware that the Switch has gotten more great exclusives in the past year and a half than the Xbox One has in its entire lifetime? And that Nintendo has released more games than Sony has in the same amount of time?

As an Xbox gamer, I’d kill to have the games you guys have.

Reactions: Mike S

If you own all the systems then there’s really no problem then. You can play all the games you want divided between them. I on the other hand only have the Switch. For the rest of the year I’ll just be occupied by Fortnite, Crash (starting it once I finish the last two challenges in M+R DLC), Pikachu, and Smash.

You did ask about exclusive AAA games. That’s pretty much only going to be the ones I listed, unless you count Octopath next week.

I find Rockstar's stuff to be completely over rated, with repetitive gameplay. Open World format is not the be all end all of videogames, in fact I'd argue that it's ruined quite a few franchises that used to be more structured. The new God of War did it right. There needs to be sufficient story to fill in all the side content, or it just seems like filler after awhile.

Breath of the Wild worked because it was "new" to the franchise, but there are plenty of folks that missed the classic "8 dungeon with item" and story structure. I hope when they make a Wild sequel they will focus a little more on structure of story and item placement. The shrines were the real saving grace.

I find Rockstar's stuff to be completely over rated, with repetitive gameplay. Open World format is not the be all end all of videogames, in fact I'd argue that it's ruined quite a few franchises that used to be more structured. The new God of War did it right. There needs to be sufficient story to fill in all the side content, or it just seems like filler after awhile.

Breath of the Wild worked because it was "new" to the franchise, but there are plenty of folks that missed the classic "8 dungeon with item" and story structure. I hope when they make a Wild sequel they will focus a little more on structure of story and item placement. The shrines were the real saving grace.
I wouldn’t mind another game with four dungeons if they’re really good. Majora’s Mask only had four and that game is great. It did have a lot more story though too. In BotW I did like how the story felt more like a personal journey through the world with meeting other important characters only when you get to the dungeons.

Reactions: rhino4evr

You did not just insult Rockstar games :lol:. Not every game needs a story, some just need to be fun to play.

You did not just insult Rockstar games :lol:. Not every game needs a story, some just need to be fun to play.

I've been insulting them for years actually. The grand theft auto games were full of buggy gameplay, terrible controls, and poor overall objectives. They have gotten progressively better over the years. Those first few games were pretty trashy though, and became successful largely due to shock value. Not unlike Mortal Kombat back in the day.

Red Dead Redemption is probably the "best" rockstar game to ever be released. It actually had a decent story, and the gameplay was fine tuned to be enjoyable. That being said, it was still full of endless Point A to B quests, and lots of repetitive side content.

GTA V had a nice "twist" with the 3 character gameplay, but like all GTA games, the game eventually became extremely repetitive. Also the story was downright terrible. I'd argue GTA IV had the best "story" elements, but they get completely flushed out the window by the end of the game.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
That Switch reveal for Warframe was hilarious, I was watching it live also good thing about Warframe is it's free

Yeah, out of all of the games coming out that are free; Fortnite and Warframe made complete sense considering the popularity of both.

That said, I am now interested of if we'll see Bethesda's ESO or Squares FFXIV join the ranks somewhere in the future, considering how popular the both of them are for Online games.

That Switch reveal for Warframe was hilarious, I was watching it live also good thing about Warframe is it's free
How’s the game? I hear good things but feel as though since I’m already invested in Fortnite I won’t have time for another live online shooter.