Nintendo Switch | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lol, I love indie games...on PC, where i can use any controller or M&K combo I want, and I can play them on any device that can run steam.

The only franchise I really care about on Switch is Smash, so that’s the info I’m interested in.

(btw I have like 50 hours in Hollow Knight, pretty sure I’m at 107%. That game is a masterpiece.)

Ah, I prefer portability. The fact I can play those games on the go is way more important to me than controller.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Some highlights from Nindies..

• Bastion comes to Nintendo Switch on September 13th (Transistor coming in November)
  • Undertale comes to Nintendo Switch on September 18th
  • Hyper Light Drifter - Special Edition comes to Nintendo Switch on September 6th
  • Towerfall comes to Nintendo Switch on September 27th (Characters from Celeste to appear in the NS version)
  • Into The Breach available now on Nintendo Switch
And from Capcom, Onimusha: Warlords returns from it's PS2 grave to hit Nintendo Switch in January of 2019.

Saw some talk about Hollow Knight in here. Seems to be getting a lot of praise. What’s a good comparison to it? I’m more of an old school gamer, so I tend to like a side scrolling adventure game as opposed to a giant open world game

I'm just happy of the amount of long video presentations this month being great.

In less than a month, we have had a Smash direct, 2 separate Indie presentations, and a presentation for Dragalia Lost. Even though we are probably going to get a break on the amounts after this, I am excited of how long this is.

Here are..my predictions:

• Nintendo Direct to Focus on the Fall Lineup and with a spotlight on Nintendo Switch Online

• Nintendo 3DS highlights: Mario + Luigi Bowser release date, New small scale Pokemon game (not an RPG like the Core/Lets Go), and a surprise reveal

• 12 minute focus on Nintendo Switch Online

• Explains the process of how Cloud Saves will work in an quick and efficient manner

• Expanded Discounts to various Nintendo Switch Titles, ranging from 20-30% off from retail price

• NES detailed with both September & October Showings

• SNES revealed, aimed to begin as part of Nintendo Switch Online in Late November. Will Contain 25 Games at the Start)

• Themes are coming as part of NIntendo Switch Online, and will be released by the end of the year. Will require download of data to Nintendo Switch System

• Netflix, YouTube, and Spotify revealed to launch alongside NSO; with Spotify allowing you to listen even while the Switch is off.

• Launches officially on September 26th, will give people the chance to try the online service for a 2 week window (Per Plan)

• Indicate a commitment to Cross-Play with other platforms

• New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe to launch in Late October; contains all of the NSMB series, all enhanced to run on Nintendo Switch, with 4 player Local and online Co-Op

• Slight mention of Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee, with reveal of Eevee Amiibo At Launch

• Splatoon 2 4.0 Reveal

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Free DLC Reveal, contains Captain Toad with a Super Mario Odyssey map shown off

• Third Party shows of Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD, South Park: Stick of Truth (Late October), Elder Scrolls Online (November 6th), Hearthstone (Shadow Drop), Killer Queen Black (Late October), Warframe (September 26th), and a surprise Third Party reveal

• a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update comes. Reveal of Spirits, a one of a kind Story-Based Experience; and that more information would be shared at a later date. No new fighter is revealed, and is held off until closer to launch. But, Spirits would reveal of Skull Kid having a role in Spirits (not playable)

• Direct Ends, with a stinger for an all new Fire Emblem Direct to come in Mid October.

Last edited:
I'm just happy of the amount of long video presentations this month being great.

In less than a month, we have had a Smash direct, 2 separate Indie presentations, and a presentation for Dragalia Lost. Even though we are probably going to get a break on the amounts after this, I am excited of how long this is.

Here are..my predictions:
Meh. Spirits would be it for me if that’s it. I guess the NES and SNES games too.

Meh. Spirits would be it for me if that’s it. I guess the NES and SNES games too.

Honestly, the focus should be on Nintendo Switch Online for this presentation. We are now WEEKS away from this getting out; and we haven't seen much shown off in detail. And outside of Hulu and a comic app, we have virtually no information on certain Apps that have been long requested for Nintendo Switch.

As far as SNES, I get the feeling from the data leak of button symbols, that they are going to have SNES come as soon as possible; but that it's not going to be there at launch. Gut feeling, I know; but I do think they will try to get SNES onto the service.

When it comes to Smash, I'm just thinking they are going to show Spirits. It's the one major thing that we don't know of yet, and considering we got a huge direct about a lot of Smash, seeing Spirits left out has me curious to know what it entails (and I'm just calling that hidden mode Spirits for now).

That said, if there is a fighter reveal; my bet lies to that being through a connection to the invigoration of cross play.

Honestly, the focus should be on Nintendo Switch Online for this presentation. We are now WEEKS away from this getting out; and we haven't seen much shown off in detail. And outside of Hulu and a comic app, we have virtually no information on certain Apps that have been long requested for Nintendo Switch.

As far as SNES, I get the feeling from the data leak of button symbols, that they are going to have SNES come as soon as possible; but that it's not going to be there at launch. Gut feeling, I know; but I do think they will try to get SNES onto the service.

When it comes to Smash, I'm just thinking they are going to show Spirits. It's the one major thing that we don't know of yet, and considering we got a huge direct about a lot of Smash, seeing Spirits left out has me curious to know what it entails (and I'm just calling that hidden mode Spirits for now).

That said, if there is a fighter reveal; my bet lies to that being through a connection to the invigoration of cross play.
If it’s something having to do with Cross Play I see it as a partnership with Microsoft. If that’s the case, the fighter would be someone like Banjo & Kazooie.

Saw some talk about Hollow Knight in here. Seems to be getting a lot of praise. What’s a good comparison to it? I’m more of an old school gamer, so I tend to like a side scrolling adventure game as opposed to a giant open world game

It’s similar to castlevania symphony of the night. Just no “loot” or equipment or stats.

Unlike most Metroid games, you have the ability to Traverse a lot of the world before needing a specific ability or item to pass a barrier.

The game is difficult but also fair. Game requires you to take your time, and learn enemy patterns. Stop and heal often.
Boss battles are tough but rewarding.
Save spots are few and far between, and there is no map (at first) so the world feels larger when exploring. There is no “you must go here” objective or icon. It’s also huge. I’ve spent about 40 hours to get 100%.

Production value is really high for an indie game. Well worth $15.
If you like side scroller adventure games, you’ll find plenty to like.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts