Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

Cities Skylines Switch Edition looks horrible, and that's coming from a fan of the game. That game shouldn't be ported to a low-power console like the Switch (no offense). Some computers can't even handle the game on its own, and they expect the Switch to handle it? Good luck.

NSO is also garbage. The free online play was one of the main selling points of the console for me.

I actually like them porting NSMBU to the Switch, but I'm still waiting on Mario Maker. That should have been first.

Cities Skylines Switch Edition looks horrible, and that's coming from a fan of the game. That game shouldn't be ported to a low-power console like the Switch (no offense). Some computers can't even handle the game on its own, and they expect the Switch to handle it? Good luck.

NSO is also garbage. The free online play was one of the main selling points of the console for me.

I actually like them porting NSMBU to the Switch, but I'm still waiting on Mario Maker. That should have been first.
If talk is true free to play games like Fortnite will remain free like on PS4 and since that’s all I play online anyway I’m good :thumbsup:

I'm guessing that there will be a major 3D Mario game in 2020, possibly a new 2D game as well. Synergy with SNW Osaka.

I doubt a Mario Game would be released to cross-promote the land.

That said..I wouldn't be surprised if Mario gets something for his 35th.

It seems the most hyped and talk about so far that came out of this direct is Animal Crossing Switch.

Even as someone who hasn't had the chance to play AC (outside of Pocket Camp), I am so happy for this.

I doubt a Mario Game would be released to cross-promote the land.

That said..I wouldn't be surprised if Mario gets something for his 35th.

Even as someone who hasn't had the chance to play AC (outside of Pocket Camp), I am so happy for this.

Pocket Camp is a really bad representation of AC...the actual game has way more depth and heart that that application but yes I'm so happy. That and Town are my top two so far....(Still waiting to hear more about Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

Finally, now that was a great direct. Happy for Luigi's Mansion. Excited for Yoshi, though the graphics did not seem that great. Nothing new really concerning Switch Online, but I am happy that Double Dragon is one of the included games. If they keep on adding great classics, I can see it becoming quite successful.

Would've rather seen a new 2D Mario game since I have it already for WiiU, then I never got the Luigi DLC, so maybe I'll double dip.

2019 will be another great year for the Switch!

I still wonder if there was anything to that Starfox racing game rumor. And then there's other properties they have never done anything with since the N64 days like Waveracer and 1080 Snowboarding.

Sooo to sum up 2019.

New 1st Party Nintendo Switch Titles
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Town
  • Daemon X Machina
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Animal Crossing
  • Pokemon Generation 8 (presumably)
And that's not even mentioning the two big question marks, Metroid Prime 4 & Bayonetta 3. And so-far, we have 1 port; with New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, which contains 2 games in 1.

So-far, next year seems like a great year for first party.

So, I’m guessing that Metroid will be a 2020 release? No way it comes next year.
You never know. It could be a title they don’t want to show off just yet. Honestly, I could see it being a Game Awards announcement. Seems like the type of game to show a new teaser there like Bayo 3 before it maybe with a “see more at E3” tag and a late 2019 release. I’m still hoping for a Trilogy HD announcement.

Anyone not have a Switch yet and don’t care about Fortnite? This bundle costs the same as a regular Switch but comes with a code for a skin and free V Bucks. Anyone want to do me a favor? Lol.
SWITCH_Fortnite_Bundle_Front.jpg