Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 203 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Disney has anything to worry about, thanks to their marketing department. They have people heading DAK at night and for a whole lot of nothing.

People are even telling me, "Omg. You have to go DAK at night. Everest at night is amazing." I'm like I have. It's called Extra Magic Hours. They're rare at DAK but have been around for years and years. Nothing new, just marketed well.

Reactions: Teebin
^An empty jar of full of Sam Worthington's charisma and acting ability?

But seriously, I picture blue face painting and Na'vi wigs being one of the main things they try selling to children and adults, in the way Uni sells Potter robes.

The rest will be made up for the park, science-mumbo-jumbo-named food and beverages that somehow tie into the film's narrative.

Last edited:
^ My point re: Potter was butter beer, wands, stuffed creatures and the myriad of other products which I cannot imagine Avatar could offer.

What will they sell in the gift shop?
I would imagine we'd see a lot of the creatures of Avatar in statue, figure and plush form.

I just hope they are not selling loin cloths.

Merch & food/drinks is where the in park money/profit is. Avatar will be severely lacking in those categories. How many people want to eat in a military mess tent, for one? Avatar cannot come close to competing with Harry Potter lands and the future Star Wars land in those categories.

Reactions: SeventyOne
This is one of the few times I feel sorry for WDI. They should not be blamed for the fact that this will never compete with Harry Potter. It could be the best of the best, but it will never have the draw. Never.
i dont think it has to, although the pull of disney opening a new land for the first time in a while means something. Heck NFL will get dwarfed by this land and it still made a 6% gain after it opened, and that 6% was based off of 16 million people not 5 million
Never underestimate the power of the mouse, a cars land bump will do

^ My point re: Potter was butter beer, wands, stuffed creatures and the myriad of other products which I cannot imagine Avatar could offer.

What will they sell in the gift shop?

I never even thought about merch. The people are barely going to remember the movie. Not like kids are going to be clamoring for a blue person doll, or umm? Maybe the dragon things they ride?

Merch & food/drinks is where the in park money/profit is. Avatar will be severely lacking in those categories. How many people want to eat in a military mess tent, for one? Avatar cannot come close to competing with Harry Potter lands and the future Star Wars land in those categories.

Did they really build a military mess tent for the dining? That is just weird. Trying to figure out how they market that. Eat with your favorite evil soldiers? That won't fly well with the general mood of the country toward our military members. But, you can't market the soldiers are good guys since they are, well, not good.

Reactions: SeventyOne
i dont think it has to, although the pull of disney opening a new land for the first time in a while means something. Heck NFL will get dwarfed by this land and it still made a 6% gain after it opened, and that 6% was based off of 16 million people not 5 million
Never underestimate the power of the mouse, a cars land bump will do

Is the bump really all from NFL? Or can you also add in the recovering economy?

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
I never even thought about merch. The people are barely going to remember the movie. Not like kids are going to be clamoring for a blue person doll, or umm? Maybe the dragon things they ride?

Did they really build a military mess tent for the dining? That is just weird. Trying to figure out how they market that. Eat with your favorite evil soldiers? That won't fly well with the general mood of the country toward our military members. But, you can't market the soldiers are good guys since they are, well, not good.
perhaps we should give disney credit for not wanting to make buck off merch then LOL. we constantly see across many theme park boards the issues with disney greed now we upset it wont make money?
a reminder butter beer is not very important in any HP movie but its a big part of the land, reason? its freaking good

ill be the first to admit this wont be DA in terms of merch? but does that take away from my enjoyment in the land?
of course not

perhaps we should give disney credit for not wanting to make buck off merch then LOL. we constantly see across many theme park boards the issues with disney greed now we upset it wont make money?
a reminder butter beer is not very important in any HP movie but its a big part of the land, reason? its freaking good

ill be the first to admit this wont be DA in terms of merch? but does that take away from my enjoyment in the land?
of course not
There is something great about seeing, hearing, and feeling the world you've seen on screen...However, there is something truly magical about seeing, feeling, hearing, tasting, touching and smelling the world you've seen on screen..This is where the Potter world excels..

I imagine we'll have some kind of drink shoe-horned into here, but who knows..

Reactions: Mad Dog
There is something great about seeing, hearing, and feeling the world you've seen on screen...However, there is something truly magical about seeing, feeling, hearing, tasting, touching and smelling the world you've seen on screen..This is where the Potter world excels..

I imagine we'll have some kind of drink shoe-horned into here, but who knows..
lol i agree
no way Pandora can touch DA in terms of food and merch but i do think being connected to the land with interactivity will be something Pandora excels at along with scale.
a lot of questions will be answered less then a year, maybe, hopfully

Here's what I really want to know. Is there going to be Shirt with Pooh meeting a Na'vi asking "Is that you Eeyore?"
6a0120a6b2c140970c0133ecd3ad8a970b-pi

eeyore-clip-art-may162.gif

Reactions: TheGentTrent
Status
Not open for further replies.