Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 205 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To each their own I guess.

To me personally (and as a huge fan of the series), the train does nothing for me. Unless there's an incredibly low wait, i'll never take it for park-to-park transport. I have feet.

I guess i'm just not that up on HE as some seem to be.
I've ridden commuter trains many times over the years. UC did a great job of capturing the feel of a train ride. It might not be the most exciting but it is amazingly immersive.

I've ridden commuter trains many times over the years. UC did a great job of capturing the feel of a train ride. It might not be the most exciting but it is amazingly immersive.
It's fun and great for one ride and the simulation is definitely great. But it's not something that is a repeat ride or that I even take park-to-park. I'd rather walk through City Walk.

We ride it once or twice every day we're at the parks. Until HE was build, we rarely park hopped at Universal. Now it's rare if there's a day we don't park hop. We love the ambiance of the train stations and the train itself is one of our top five attractions at Universal.

To each their own I guess.

To me personally (and as a huge fan of the series), the train does nothing for me. Unless there's an incredibly low wait, i'll never take it for park-to-park transport. I have feet.

I guess i'm just not that up on HE as some seem to be.

I Can walk, but why would I? When I can take the Hogwarts Express. I love the whole feeling of watching the train pull up, yeah I know it isn't a "real" train, but I just love the immersive factor. Can't wait to take my daughter's Harry Potter crazy best friend in August.

Why is NRJ being compared to HE? Other than for the sake of Pandora vs DA, the experiences will be completely different.

NRJ is much more ambitious than HE, it's a completely unfair comparison.

Cause to people like me that idea of another slow boat ride looking at animatronics is kinda M'ehh snooze fest. I never got the whole love Pirates got in the first place. The only reason I went on it at Disneyland was the calming effect it had on my daughter. It was like valium for a stressed out preschooler. Soarin' did the same thing, but I actually like Soarin'. HE is not a ride, it's an experience.

I Can walk, but why would I? When I can take the Hogwarts Express. I love the whole feeling of watching the train pull up, yeah I know it isn't a "real" train, but I just love the immersive factor. Can't wait to take my daughter's Harry Potter crazy best friend in August.
Well I'm a local so waiting 20-30 mins for the train to even show up is a waste to me when I can walk over in 10 mins or less.

Plus, I like walking. Helps burn off the calories I take in throughout the day ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Porkchop
I worked there for a year and didn't notice some of the smaller touches in the video for months. Like Voldemort's cameo. Or the fact that on the Hogsmede-to-London run, if you lean all the way into the window and look forward you can actually see the "front" of the train!

Reactions: Mad Dog
I worked there for a year and didn't notice some of the smaller touches in the video for months. Like Voldemort's cameo. Or the fact that on the Hogsmede-to-London run, if you lean all the way into the window and look forward you can actually see the "front" of the train!

that is the kind of stuff that just makes me HAPPY:geek:

i love HE, great innovative way to transport people from each park, incredible themeing and a great complement to Gringotts. Having said that i think NRJ will also be great. a slow moving indoor boat ride is something needed at DAK, Special effects will be impressive on NRJ
I love the occasional slow moving ride. These will be welcome additions to DAK. Now if only UO would build a couple more rides we can kick back and relax on.
a3078188267_16.jpg

The green fits in with the real foliage much better now.

Also, still think the tint mountains are stupid. They should cut their losses and stop embarrassing themselves.

Forgive me, but I find those rocks on sticks to be silly. WDI is doing their very best, but it all looks silly to me. Avatar and the so called Pandora was a hell hole to even attempt. Impossible.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Forgive me, but I find those rocks on sticks to be silly. WDI is doing their very best, but it all looks silly to me. Avatar and the so called Pandora was a hell hole to even attempt. Impossible.

yep, they committed to this project and now can't get out, only dig deeper into the money eating hole

Status
Not open for further replies.