Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 207 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked through this thread, and I'm baffled by the comparisons to Potter. I'm not even that much of a Disney fan, but can't Disney make a land for a fanbase without everyone jumping ship on comparing it Potter. It's a land based off a successful soon-to-be franchise. That's the only similarity. Disney should not be slammed with "it'll never be as good as Potter" as there is no reason to compare.

There's a lot of pent up emotions when it comes to Disney and Potter, and they blew it big time. Comparing Avatar to Potter is and was bound to happen.

Also, yeah, we can't play this "soon-to-be franchise" card quite yet. Hell I'm not sure the movies aren't some sort of Bailystock & Bloom sort of scheme.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Nico
I personally believe this will be better than Hogsmeade. The boat ride has me so intrigued, and the "breathing" elements to Flight of Passage is interesting enough.

Great aerial shots.

I have heard that Disney is still listing Avatar to open up in Fall of 2017. Anyone heard the same or different?

I've been down-ish on (domestic) Disney a lot recently, but that looks really, really impressive. At least in terms of scale and ambition of a themed area, this appears to be Orlando's counterpart to Carsland.

You'd think they should easily have it ready by this time next year, but then again... it is Disney.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
Status
Not open for further replies.