Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 206 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me, but I find those rocks on sticks to be silly. WDI is doing their very best, but it all looks silly to me. Avatar and the so called Pandora was a hell hole to even attempt. Impossible.
i agree about the rocks on the sticks on top of the building , looks like a waste, as far as the land goes i think it looks incredible but wont know for sure how i feel until we can see the whole thing and not just the top of the land

i agree about the rocks on the sticks on top of the building , looks like a waste, as far as the land goes i think it looks incredible but wont know for sure how i feel until we can see the whole thing and not just the top of the land

Yeah I am not judging anything until this project is done. We can't see it from an angle that you would see it while in the land. So it is so hard to judge. maybe the lollipop islands once inside really make the Emerson awesome. Who knows.

Yeah I am not judging anything until this project is done. We can't see it from an angle that you would see it while in the land. So it is so hard to judge. maybe the lollipop islands once inside really make the Emerson awesome. Who knows.
yep the best view of the land is now covered up with vegetation and trees. need aerials to get a good sense of the land

I am glad they're doing the small rocks in the distance. We won't see the full effect until we're in the land. I don't want to walk into this land and feel like it ends right at the ride facade. I want to be able to believe this land goes on for miles upon miles...

Just a thought, but maybe once the land is open, there will be a fog/misting effect put into place so you can just barely make out the small mountains, they look like they're floating and you also wouldn't see the stick.

A land like this is ripe for a lot of Fog/mist effects.

Just a thought, but maybe once the land is open, there will be a fog/misting effect put into place so you can just barely make out the small mountains, they look like they're floating and you also wouldn't see the stick.

A land like this is ripe for a lot of Fog/mist effects.
Yeah, hopefully that happens. Perhaps they'll look better from ground level. I don't care much for what I see at this point in time, it could be a big fail, but it's still early. I'll reserve judgement until it's completed and we get some ground level in the land photos.

Remember when Disney patented and created a flying dragon and only used it for the New Fantasyland opening? Do you think we'll be seeing this again in Pandora with some new blue skin? My only concern is that it would screw with the forced perspective, but honestly, this thing is impressive enough that I really wouldn't mind

Remember when Disney patented and created a flying dragon and only used it for the New Fantasyland opening? Do you think we'll be seeing this again in Pandora with some new blue skin? My only concern is that it would screw with the forced perspective, but honestly, this thing is impressive enough that I really wouldn't mind

Part of me wonders if we will see this resurface: at least for the grand opening. And a hopeful part of me wonders if this was developed with this project in mind...

I just looked through this thread, and I'm baffled by the comparisons to Potter. I'm not even that much of a Disney fan, but can't Disney make a land for a fanbase without everyone jumping ship on comparing it Potter. It's a land based off a successful soon-to-be franchise. That's the only similarity. Disney should not be slammed with "it'll never be as good as Potter" as there is no reason to compare.

I just looked through this thread, and I'm baffled by the comparisons to Potter. I'm not even that much of a Disney fan, but can't Disney make a land for a fanbase without everyone jumping ship on comparing it Potter. It's a land based off a successful soon-to-be franchise. That's the only similarity. Disney should not be slammed with "it'll never be as good as Potter" as there is no reason to compare.

soon to be successful franchise? It has been how long since Avatar? Have they actually started work on a new movie yet? or is it still in "planning" stages?
Avatar was a huge hit because it was a visual stunner. It's been so long, and so many other visually stunning movies released, this new one is going to need an actual plot that is not a retread of Dances with Wolves

Harry Potter set a new standard for immersive theme park lands. Comparison is inevitable. If Avatar is better, it will be the new standard and everything else will be compared to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.