Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 208 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are gonna be blown away.

The boat ride will not be using screens in the same way they used them in PotC: Shanghai. But it is going to be a WOW! attraction.

Soarin' 2.0 is is going to be a breath taking experience. Literally.

I think I'm going to print this out, and hang it over my desk at work as an inspirational poster. To show that even the worst scenarios can turn out okay.

This has significantly raised my expectations. So excited.

Reactions: Joshua Pittman
How much free space will Pandora have? I am curious if there will be enough space for large crowds to walk and look around. I would hate to think that guests just visit the attractions then leave.

Well, riding then leaving is the point of theme parks.
Animal Kingdom is the least about this. With so few rides you could do Animal Kingdom in a couple hours if that's all the guests did. It is designed for you to take time and look around at everything.

Pandora will not be part of the main loop around the park. Too little to see and people won't spend time there, crowding up the rest of the park. Too much to see with too little space and the area will get badly overcrowded.

Reactions: hishedale
Animal Kingdom is the least about this. With so few rides you could do Animal Kingdom in a couple hours if that's all the guests did. It is designed for you to take time and look around at everything.

Pandora will not be part of the main loop around the park. Too little to see and people won't spend time there, crowding up the rest of the park. Too much to see with too little space and the area will get badly overcrowded.
At least it's not as bad as MGM right now.

No, that's the point of Amusement parks.

The point of theme parks is to immerse yourself in the environment. It's what allows us to be able to spend hours upon hours in Diagon Alley, not ride anything and still not get sick of it. THAT is true immersion.
You said it really well. That's the way we look at Diagon, even more so than Hogsmeade. And why I have a hard time envisioning Universal, or Disney, ever topping Diagon.

Pandora will be a part of the loop though. It connects to Africa by the service bridge.

OK. I was just thinking of the old Camp Minnie Mickey and how it was an offshoot of the loop.
It is an off shoot on the way in, but once you're in Africa, there will be a second entrance as well, so if people went counter-clockwise around the park, it actually will be within a "loop" so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.