Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 210 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking to one of my friends at Disney the other day I was told that the ride systems for both attractions are done and in testing phase now. That doesn't mean they are anywhere near opening because there is still a LOT of theme work to do inside and outside, but the ride systems are ready.
That's good to know though that the rides are on track. From the looks of it, the land itself isn't that far from being done. The mountains are finishing up and most have scaffolding off already.

The hard part is over at that point, but they still need to put in all the bio-luminescent stuff. Which is practically the entire land :lol:

It certainly explains the rumors that the land will open soon. But, as with any Disney project, "It takes time to make the magic right", so expect it will take a while longer. Still most likely 6-9 months before it's done.

It certainly explains the rumors that the land will open soon. But, as with any Disney project, "It takes time to make the magic right", so expect it will take a while longer. Still most likely 6-9 months before it's done.
I still think we are looking at Earth Day at the soonest.

Reactions: IzzyB
Which could theoretically still put it on track for Earth Day if that is what they want.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Yep, I'm sure that's what they're targeting, and they may be trying to throw additional funds at that to make it happen and try to turn attendance around for next summer, but I doubt they'll make it for Earth Day.

Reactions: rioriz
When all said and done the Billion plus spent here could keep someone in the land for hours...prime time would be to enter FoP before dusk and exit into Bioluminescent Wonderland...

Yeah, aren't we thinking that Pandora's flight system will be more similar to Vekoma designs?
Yes. It will be a custom version of this system (IIRC):

Panoramic Flight Simulator

Looks a lot like Soarin', but will have a lot more movement in the vehicle.

iride.jpg

I believe that that ride system is closer to what Fallon is getting than FoP.

I noticed the screens has those Pandora looking mountains and it kinda looks like that flying creature is towards the bottom of the first picture. I came to that conclusion because right above, they talk about the tech used on Midway Mania with a pic but without explicitly saying it's attraction name. So this company has worked with Disney in the past.

I hope this isn't the ride system because I don't think it fits the theme or makes sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.