Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 204 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What will they sell in the gift shop?

Jewelry, Noble Collection prop replicas (I've heard they are bringing them back into production), more jewelry, jewelry, expedition themed backpacks, undoubtably some animal plush toys. Nowhere close to the draw of Harry, but I anticipate some creative march coming in...

Reactions: Disneyhead
Trying to say any land is going to be 2 1/2 times better than DA is unrealistic. Disney and Uni costs and budgeting can't be compared. They spend money differently and their costs are different based on their structures.

Also, you can't say anything that is not open is or isn't better than Gringotts. I personally think Shangai PoTC kicks the butt of Gringotts and I haven't even seen it in person. This boat ride uses the same technology. Now I am NOT saying the boat ride will be better than Gringotts. Just saying you can't compare things not open just on tech being used.

As I stated before, when DH praises something Disney is doing I stand up and listen.
:rolleyes:

Do we have any sort of idea when this is due to open next year ? As it will soon be time to get holidays sorted out at work and its a right pita to have to change them about.

i disagree
the land will be a wow the rides will be solid at best, similar to DA
I'd say the Na'vi River Journey sounds vastly superior to Hogwarts Express - but the sets/AAs make it more fully fleshed-out IMO. Flight of Passage could be about on par with Gringotts if it actually does vastly improve on the Soarin'-style ride system/format.

While Gringotts is probably more ambitious than either, Pandora has a stronger overall lineup. The speedbike coaster similar to TRON in Shanghai and a walkthrough maze would have pushed it over the edge - neither are in the cards :blank:. The lands themselves will probably be about equal, though.

Plus, unlike USF, AK needs indoor, air conditioned rides/attractions since there's only 4 in the entire park :lol: (3 shows and one of the scariest rides at WDW) while USF is practically all indoor attractions except for KidZone, Rockit and Kang/Kodos.

At the worst, I'd expect Pandora to be the best 2017 addition (if only a solid one) to Orlando. Volcano Bay will probably be solid, too, while Fallon screams so-so to me.

I'd say the Na'vi River Journey sounds vastly superior to Hogwarts Express - but the sets/AAs make it more fully fleshed-out IMO. Flight of Passage could be about on par with Gringotts if it actually does vastly improve on the Soarin'-style ride system/format.

While Gringotts is probably more ambitious than either, Pandora has a stronger overall lineup. The speedbike coaster similar to TRON in Shanghai and a walkthrough maze would have pushed it over the edge - neither are in the cards :blank:. The lands themselves will probably be about equal, though.

Plus, unlike USF, AK needs indoor, air conditioned rides/attractions since there's only 4 in the entire park :lol: (3 shows and one of the scariest rides at WDW) while USF is practically all indoor attractions except for KidZone, Rockit and Kang/Kodos.

At the worst, I'd expect Pandora to be the best 2017 addition (if only a solid one) to Orlando. Volcano Bay will probably be solid, too, while Fallon screams so-so to me.

The thing that makes the Hogwarts express the best ever is the immersive feel. It's a TRAIN that takes you from Kings Cross in London to Hogsmeade? How is that not the best thing ever? A boat ride in Pandora? ehhh, kinda cool.. Riding the Hogwarts Express is freakin' awesome.

Reactions: Mad Dog
You guys are gonna be blown away.

The boat ride will not be using screens in the same way they used them in PotC: Shanghai. But it is going to be a WOW! attraction.

Soarin' 2.0 is is going to be a breath taking experience. Literally.

But I take it we are using the same ride system as POTCS; correct?

I barely remember stuff regarding Pandora, which should give people what I think of the IP in a nutshell. But I am curious on Soarin 2.0; more than anything..

But I take it we are using the same ride system as POTCS; correct?

I barely remember stuff regarding Pandora, which should give people what I think of the IP in a nutshell. But I am curious on Soarin 2.0; more than anything..
Yes, the same ride system as PotC: Shanghai. But limited use of screens so it probably won't have the same WOW! factor. It will have it's own type of WOW! factor.

For Flight of Passage, in my opinion, Soarin' is more a proof of concept. If what I have been told is true, FoP will be a lot more visceral experience than Soarin'.

But limited use of screens so it probably won't have the same WOW! factor. It will have it's own type of WOW! factor.

The more I read, the more practical Na'vi River Journey sounds. Which is exciting to me. I really wouldn't mind a blend though, especially with animated screen backdrops (waterfalls, creatures in the distance, etc.) I might be more excited for this than Flight of Passage...

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Did they really build a military mess tent for the dining? That is just weird. Trying to figure out how they market that. Eat with your favorite evil soldiers?

Pandora: The World of Avatar takes place after the war, when Alpha Centari Expeditions is taking humans to Pandora to learn about and study the moon and its creatures. The RDA facility is now being used as an expedition center. Completely new story written for Animal Kingdom.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
Pandora: The World of Avatar takes place after the war, when Alpha Centari Expeditions is taking humans to Pandora to learn about and study the moon and its creatures. The RDA facility is now being used as an expedition center. Completely new story written for Animal Kingdom.
So glad they aren't simply retelling the movie. But then the movie was is part a big battle. Not the story Disney would want to tell.

The thing that makes the Hogwarts express the best ever is the immersive feel. It's a TRAIN that takes you from Kings Cross in London to Hogsmeade? How is that not the best thing ever? A boat ride in Pandora? ehhh, kinda cool.. Riding the Hogwarts Express is freakin' awesome.
To each their own I guess.

To me personally (and as a huge fan of the series), the train does nothing for me. Unless there's an incredibly low wait, i'll never take it for park-to-park transport. I have feet.

I guess i'm just not that up on HE as some seem to be.

Reactions: IzzyB
Status
Not open for further replies.