Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 383 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The platform that your seat sits on is Steel and Concrete. It does not move at all. Just your motorcycle seat. You can clearly see the platforms are fixed to the building in construction photos.
AVATAR-Land-Construction-Update-7.jpg
When we saw photos a couple days ago, I noticed the seats for FoP are not connected to the floor, as seen in the image below from The DIS. I'm thinking if the platform your seat is on can tilt in different directions left/right and forward/back, certainly it can also go up/down.

The platform directly under each seat doesn't look connected to the load floor at all in this pic:
C-l3HBqXcAEf7D7.jpg

When we saw photos a couple days ago, I noticed the seats for FoP are not connected to the floor, as seen in the image below from The DIS. I'm thinking if the platform your seat is on can tilt in different directions left/right and forward/back, certainly it can also go up/down.

The platform directly under each seat doesn't look connected to the load floor at all in this pic:
View attachment 4353
Hmmm, didn't even notice it.

That is incorrect. The ride platforms are a separate entity from the building structure. I have been working on this ride for many months...i assure you, the ride platform moves up and down.
Thanks for the clarification. I see it now. Can you answer my question about Banshee heads? Because there were none on my ride.

Thanks for the clarification. I see it now. Can you answer my question about Banshee heads? Because there were none on my ride.
That was for off-site Imaginaneer testing of the ride motions, and as far as anyone can tell, was never meant to be utilized for the actual ride experience.

EDIT: Or something they gave up on early in the process before the actual seats were finalized.

No banshee heads fortunately :)
If you think about it, kids would be poking them in the eyes the whole time and punching their faces. I think Disney knows better than to let the guests that close to AA figures, even just simple ones. Disney bolts and glues down everything because they know we'll all touch and grab at anything we see.

It would've been a maintenance nightmare given the total number of seats in those theaters.

View attachment 4353

The line around each seat is the tilt, pivot, rumble motion.

On the right lower corner of the pic is the break line where the whole room disconnects. About a foot or two in front of the storage bays.

You can watch your baggage going up and down behind you (or rather you are) during the ride. You drop up to about like 90% or the full height of the room at some points. It's very fluid in acceleration and such but you do move several feet up and down swiftly.

As for position - I was loaded into door C2 (upper ramp) and position 4. That put us in the right seat set facing the screen on the V on the 2nd ride level. I was in the middle (8,7,6...2,1) of my seating block and room vehicle.

Seat 3's in seat screen broke during my ride. But it's only really used during loading to give you something to look at.

Excited for the land! Actually, just excited for anything new at Disney. Hoping I can sneak in an afternoon/evening when I'm down there for work in June. Sounds like I may need to shrink the tummy a bit more for FoP. To anyone who's ridden it, are the restraints more/less forgiving than Forbidden Journey? I realize they're different type of restraints, but if you can fit on FJ, would it be safe to assume the same for FoP?

Since the restraints are completely different, I wouldn't compare. Height and weight doesn't help either since it's all how it's distributed. With all these rides, it's just about body dimensions really. The test seat will be your best bet. [HASHTAG]#VisitPandoraAnyway[/HASHTAG]

The line around each seat is the tilt, pivot, rumble motion.

On the right lower corner of the pic is the break line where the whole room disconnects. About a foot or two in front of the storage bays.

You can watch your baggage going up and down behind you (or rather you are) during the ride. You drop up to about like 90% or the full height of the room at some points. It's very fluid in acceleration and such but you do move several feet up and down swiftly.

As for position - I was loaded into door C2 (upper ramp) and position 4. That put us in the right seat set facing the screen on the V on the 2nd ride level. I was in the middle (8,7,6...2,1) of my seating block and room vehicle.

Seat 3's in seat screen broke during my ride. But it's only really used during loading to give you something to look at.
I see the room line now! Very very cool.

And I kind of hate myself for spoiling it but oh well.

I expect I'll buy a tail to immerse myself a bit more in the land. Depending how much I like the land will result me to wear the tale on the back or somewhere else. So, where is the hole to stick my tail in in this ride vehicle?

Reactions: Alicia
I expect I'll buy a tail to immerse myself a bit more in the land. Depending how much I like the land will result me to wear the tale on the back or somewhere else. So, where is the hole to stick my tail in in this ride vehicle?
I think we'll just have to squeeze our tails in between the back restraint and our butts unfortunately.

And I got approval from my girlfriend, I am allowed to get ears and a tail, but only allowed to wear them in her presence for the first trip to Pandora. All subsequent trips with said tail and ears must be by myself and not in her accompaniment. I have agreed to these terms.

Yay tail!

I don't really want to give a full review. Not really any spoilers below. Just an overall impression.

The land is pretty, but it's all rocks, trees and water falls.

Honestly there's not much to do there. The two rides, a gift shop, and the canteen. It's all located along the far wall close together. Everything else is walking paths.

For AK I think I will like this, it's my low key relaxing park. I'm going to enjoy just walking around paths and looking at the land.

By the way, did you all see the strangler fig growing around the native cabbage palm? That is called a specimen plant. Universal has the exact same kind of specimen on the left side of the path that is on the left side of the Discovery Center from the burger digs side.

I am sure you were all waiting with baited breath for that information... :saywhat:

Side note: I never saw a test seat, no one I know who went has seen one, and one doesn't show up in any of the bajillion photos I took.

I'm not sure there is one yet, or if there even will be.

Reactions: Alicia
Side note: I never saw a test seat, no one I know who went has seen one, and one doesn't show up in any of the bajillion photos I took.

I'm not sure there is one yet, or if there even will be.
I hope there will be personally. Fallon's didn't show up until after media and team member previews, just as AP previews were about to start. So they still have a week and a half to get it out....

Although, with the way the back support raises up, not sure a test seat can really convey how you'll need to actually fit in it. Still, something is better than nothing.

My big butt barely fits in Mine Train, so wish they had test seats there too while we're on the subject.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I hope there will be personally. Fallon's didn't show up until after media and team member previews, just as AP previews were about to start. So they still have a week and a half to get it out....

Although, with the way the back support raises up, not sure a test seat can really convey how you'll need to actually fit in it. Still, something is better than nothing.

My big butt barely fits in Mine Train, so wish they had test seats there too while we're on the subject.

It's kinda funny - you'd expect the load to take a while due to the restraint.

Instead the CM just lets everyone hop into place and says "restraints raising" and like mashes a button and they quickly swing into place. I think if it hits resistance and can't go far enough the system reports an error or something like that.

So they somehow made it a pretty quick system.

Which begs the question of why the first preshow has that long holding period in the middle to kill time.

It's kinda funny - you'd expect the load to take a while due to the restraint.

Instead the CM just lets everyone hop into place and says "restraints raising" and like mashes a button and they quickly swing into place. I think if it hits resistance and can't go far enough the system reports an error or something like that.

So they somehow made it a pretty quick system.

Which begs the question of why the first preshow has that long holding period in the middle to kill time.
It's sounds the same as Mia's Riding Adventure at Legoland. They tell you to sit still, press a button, and it just stops when it gets to your back. They need to walk around to make sure everyone is secure but that only takes a few seconds.

Are there leg restraints on FoP? The Legoland ride only has the back rest that comes up and pins you in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.