Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 405 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting discussion by insiders on Magic yesterday. Seems FOP is experiencing loading time issues. That was not unexpected due to the engineering. The worrisome part though is that even though it's averaging over 10 minutes for load now, Testa says that Disney is aiming for 8 minutes. So I would guess Disney doesn't think 6 or 7 minutes is achievable. If Disney reaches their 8 minute target, that means capacity will be a fairly low 1400 an hour if all four theaters are working properly. If the ride is as good as many are saying that portends really long lines for the future. (load time for capacity purposes includes length time of ride)

Last edited:
Reactions: amityboattours
Interesting discussion by insiders on Magic yesterday. Seems FOP is experiencing loading time issues. That was not unexpected due to the engineering. The worrisome part though is that even though it's averaging over 10 minutes for load now, Testa says that Disney is aiming for 8 minutes. So I would guess Disney doesn't think 6 or 7 minutes is achievable. If Disney reaches their 8 minute target, that means capacity will be a fairly low 1400 an hour if all four theaters are working properly. If the ride is as good as many are saying that portends really long lines for the future.
Well, that's one way to make Animal Kingdom a full day park... by forcing guests to spend half a day in line for one attraction.

Problem solved.

Interesting discussion by insiders on Magic yesterday. Seems FOP is experiencing loading time issues. That was not unexpected due to the engineering. The worrisome part though is that even though it's averaging over 10 minutes for load now, Testa says that Disney is aiming for 8 minutes. So I would guess Disney doesn't think 6 or 7 minutes is achievable. If Disney reaches their 8 minute target, that means capacity will be a fairly low 1400 an hour if all four theaters are working properly. If the ride is as good as many are saying that portends really long lines for the future.
so how long before they expand FOP like they did with Soarin because there is room back there

For me, the wait time has to be 20 minutes or less. Those are the benefits of being a FL resident or paying for one of those snooty hotels Mad Dog stays in and getting express.

They could add to the warning signs. "If you have poor posture, trouble breathing at 95 degrees, have had the flu at one time in your life, own a camera, or have eaten in the past 6 hours, then you should not ride!

That should fix the wait times. :saywhat:

Both times I rode the loading went very quickly. And I know someone got booted from my second ride because they were waiting for their party outside the hall by my chamber.

It taking 10mins just baffles me.

For me, the wait time has to be 20 minutes or less. Those are the benefits of being a FL resident or paying for one of those snooty hotels Mad Dog stays in and getting express.

They could add to the warning signs. "If you have poor posture, trouble breathing at 95 degrees, have had the flu at one time in your life, own a camera, or have eaten in the past 6 hours, then you should not ride!

That should fix the wait times. :saywhat:
Your warning sounds like the goblin spiel before you get on the Gringotts elevator. :lol:Heh, I usually slum it for a few days of my vacation without Express, and stay in a non deluxe Loews hotel before we move to the friendly confines of Loews Portofino and the huge enclosed balcony overlooking the bay, piazza & Italian singers they've been giving me lately. Great for breakfasts on the balcony the size of a Motel 6 (or Disney Value motel).So I play like regular tourists for a couple days, but with Universal's plethora of single lines and shorter standbys than WDW, it's doable without Express. :lol: :)...But Express has me spoiled, so like you, 20 minutes, is about my limit. It was tough on those 4 day trips to Disney parks where stand by line times are out of sight since the staff cuts last year. Opening two hours or fastpass at Disney or I don't ride. :lol:

Reactions: Joel
Both times I rode the loading went very quickly. And I know someone got booted from my second ride because they were waiting for their party outside the hall by my chamber.

It taking 10mins just baffles me.
Unless the same staff are loading all sections on a level, it shouldn't take more than 5 mins.

If Disney reaches their 8 minute target, that means capacity will be a fairly low 1400 an hour if all four theaters are working properly. If the ride is as good as many are saying that portends really long lines for the future.

I'm assuming you're saying 8 minutes from dispatch to dispatch right? (which would mean a 3 and a half minute load to get 1400 riders per hour), because if it's taking 8 minutes to load everyone with a 4 and a half minute ride time we're looking at less than 900 riders per hour with four theaters, which doesn't seem right for a Disney attraction.

BREAKING! Details on Entertainment & Nighttime Lighting Ceremony Taking Place Daily in Pandora: The World of AVATAR at Disney's Animal Kingdom - WDW News TodayWDW News Today

The drum circle show, which has been mentioned before, will debut on the 27th, performing up to 14 times per day during the long operating hours planned for this Summer. The 8PM show will be a special one as it will reportedly bring the bioluminescence of Pandora to life right before the eyes of guests.

It is also rumored that there will be lead ACE team members who will be roaming the land in-character, teaching guests about the planet.

In addition to entertainment, none of the bioluminescent effects on the planet will be activated for guests until opening day. Inside sources also tell us that the interactive plant life on Pandora is not completed yet and that there will be more to touch and interact with once the finished product is unveiled.​

BREAKING! Details on Entertainment & Nighttime Lighting Ceremony Taking Place Daily in Pandora: The World of AVATAR at Disney's Animal Kingdom - WDW News TodayWDW News Today

The drum circle show, which has been mentioned before, will debut on the 27th, performing up to 14 times per day during the long operating hours planned for this Summer. The 8PM show will be a special one as it will reportedly bring the bioluminescence of Pandora to life right before the eyes of guests.

It is also rumored that there will be lead ACE team members who will be roaming the land in-character, teaching guests about the planet.

In addition to entertainment, none of the bioluminescent effects on the planet will be activated for guests until opening day. Inside sources also tell us that the interactive plant life on Pandora is not completed yet and that there will be more to touch and interact with once the finished product is unveiled.​
Guest appearance by the plant from Little Shop of Horrors. If you don't fit on FOP, they feed you to Audrey (Recommended by Guest Relations to cut down on rider complaintents) ;)

Reactions: Joel
Status
Not open for further replies.