Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 406 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the same staff are loading all sections on a level, it shouldn't take more than 5 mins.

Mine probably took that or longer. Parties in my group were confused about the second room, as some 1-8 riders tried to load stations 9-16. And there was some confusion on cubbie placement as well. I did have to scoot a bit to get my leg restraints to lock properly as well. But that was a quick fix. Then we did wait for a few minutes before the room was secure and the ride began.

How long until the landscaping is trampled, the moss is picked off, gum covers the rock work, and trash fills the plant beds? :frown:

How long until the landscaping is trampled, the moss is picked off, gum covers the rock work, and trash fills the plant beds? :frown:
That moss does not come off. We all tried picking at it on the bridge while waiting to enter for the preview. You can't help but try. It's sprayed concrete. And it's on there good.

Reactions: 12th Man
Interesting review of Pandora on Touring Plans blog today by their staff writer Julie Mascardo. Kind of opposite, on rides, then what you's expect. First of all, like most everyone, she thought the land was beautiful. Then she had this to say on the two rides. * River Journey: "It was so mellow & relaxing, plus visually stunning, I could easily ride that ride over and over again. It was a huge family favorite.".....*Flight of Passage; "Out of the three of us, our daughter has said she has no desire to ever ride again, and my husband may not ride again (and if he does he'll need motion sickness medicine and/or a barf bag which aren't provided...yet) and I may ride it once again someday, but no huge rush to do so.".......Ironically, this may be the typical Disney family. I would guess the typical Universal family would prefer Flight of Passage. It will be interesting to see how this plays out once the general Disney public gets to experience the land. :)

Interesting review of Pandora on Touring Plans blog today by their staff writer Julie Mascardo. Kind of opposite, on rides, then what you's expect. First of all, like most everyone, she thought the land was beautiful. Then she had this to say on the two rides. * River Journey: "It was so mellow & relaxing, plus visually stunning, I could easily ride that ride over and over again. It was a huge family favorite.".....*Flight of Passage; "Out of the three of us, our daughter has said she has no desire to ever ride again, and my husband may not ride again (and if he does he'll need motion sickness medicine and/or a barf bag which aren't provided...yet) and I may ride it once again someday, but no huge rush to do so.".......Ironically, this may be the typical Disney family. I would guess the typical Universal family would prefer Flight of Passage. It will be interesting to see how this plays out once the general Disney public gets to experience the land. :)

This is interesting. My other half (who isn't anywhere near as close to the theme park community as you and I) had asked me whether I've heard reports that it was causing a lot of motion sickness as she'd heard that it was. I played that down at the time as all the reviews have been so positive!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Typical Disney Family: It's like Soarin', but just too rough to ride every time

Typical Universal Fan: OMG this is the greatest ride ever... Finally good screenz at the Disney World!

Typical Avatar Super Fan: I can't stop crying... No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea.

Typical Disney Blogger: I was paid to say I love it. So I love it. ;)

Typical Disney Family: It's like Soarin', but just too rough to ride every time

Typical Universal Fan: OMG this is the greatest ride ever... Finally good screenz at the Disney World!

Typical Avatar Super Fan: I can't stop crying... No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea.

Typical Disney Blogger: I was paid to say I love it. So I love it. ;)
:);)...Great satire...But, ironically, it's probably spot on to the truth. ...I'm more excited to see the general public reaction then the blogger reviews we've been reading. GP is the true bottom line. Sometimes Bloggers live in an alternative facts universe, and their opinions are often far from real people's opinions. They sometimes tend to over think attractions:lol:

Sometimes Bloggers live in an alternative facts universe. :lol:
I've tried to be honest with my reviews (but Disney doesn't give me free stuff yet.) I love the ride tech, but wish they had stories. Love the theming and (most of) the foods, but wish there was no other people there so I can have the land to myself. Of course I love Animal Kingdom and this feels so AK to me so I am biased in that way. It's not your usual theme park. It's an adventure park. Or as I use it, it's a quiet place with lots of trees and waterfalls that I can go look at animals and be alone with my thoughts.

Unfortunately this might bring more people into my otherwise quiet getaway. :(

I've tried to be honest with my reviews (but Disney doesn't give me free stuff yet.) I love the ride tech, but wish they had stories. Love the theming and (most of) the foods, but wish there was no other people there so I can have the land to myself. Of course I love Animal Kingdom and this feels so AK to me so I am biased in that way. It's not your usual theme park. It's an adventure park. Or as I use it, it's a quiet place with lots of trees and waterfalls that I can go look at animals and be alone with my thoughts.

Unfortunately this might bring more people into my otherwise quiet getaway. :(
Like you I would think it fits well into AK. I've been saying that since day one years ago. And I'm glad it does. And like Splash Mountain for me, it appears that this is your own "HAPPY SPACE". :thumbsup:...My thoughts though, and I may be wrong, is that the two rides will always draw decent lines, but a year or so after the curiosity wains, people will rush to the rides as they are in habit to do, but will not linger and take in the ambiance in the beautiful outside portions of the land itself, as is their habit in the other beautiful sections of AK such as the Lions King dock area, Asian area leading up to Everest, and just about any area that doesn't have the ride building. People are often so blind to that which is most important. :frown:.....now Star wars Land will be a different animal. It will attract and retain people like Diagon does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia
For those that have been on FoP, did you find that 3D was really necessary? Personally I didn't really feel like the 3D added much to the ride.

For those that have been on FoP, did you find that 3D was really necessary? Personally I didn't really feel like the 3D added much to the ride.
The little glowing spots in the beginning during the link were probably the most "3D" of the whole thing.

I think the 3D helped disguise the curve of the screen at least though. In watching the POV videos you can see the curve more in 2D, like Soarin looks now. That may have been how the curvature issue was solved in my opinion.

Reactions: jtsalien
The little glowing spots in the beginning during the link were probably the most "3D" of the whole thing.

I think the 3D helped disguise the curve of the screen at least though. In watching the POV videos you can see the curve more in 2D, like Soarin looks now. That may have been how the curvature issue was solved in my opinion.
True, the glasses help to focus your vision. I don't have a problem with 3D glasses, but those ones in particular didn't sit on my nose very comfortably.

True, the glasses help to focus your vision. I don't have a problem with 3D glasses, but those ones in particular didn't sit on my nose very comfortably.
I think Disney may need to redesign them a bit. I get that they're great for creating a wider field of vision, (kind of like the opposite of the Universal Spiderman/Gringots ones that purposely hide your peripheral.) But I saw many people actually having to hold them on with their hands because they're too loose fitting over your ears. I had no problem with them, but I wear prescription glasses underneath and am used to having something on my face all the time I guess.

I think Disney may need to redesign them a bit. I get that they're great for creating a wider field of vision, (kind of like the opposite of the Universal Spiderman/Gringots ones that purposely hide your peripheral.) But I saw many people actually having to hold them on with their hands because they're too loose fitting over your ears. I had no problem with them, but I wear prescription glasses underneath and am used to having something on my face all the time I guess.
I definitely felt myself needing to push them up when the RV would move forward in the drop sequences and the wind was blowing at you.

Don't you mean, "Laughing Place"? :)
No, I did mean Happy Place , but I see where you're coming from with the Laughing Place reference in the attraction. :) When I ride Splash Mountain I have a smile on my face from beginning to end. I don't consider it the 'Best" theme park attraction (top ten though), but it is my 'Favorite" theme park ride.

Reactions: Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.