Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can you qualify for "single rider" when you have your blue banshee on your shoulder? :);)
I left Sese at home today. Heading to Epcot later. Got lots to do before blackout dates start! I will pick her up a perch while I'm here though.

Oh, and I'm eating the Satu'li breakfast and it's awesome. Big fan of the french toast and I don't normally even care about French toast. Egg pods are good, but as usual the slaw steals the show for me on that plate. Will post pics and review in the other thread eventually

I left Sese at home today. Heading to Epcot later. Got lots to do before blackout dates start! I will pick her up a perch while I'm here though.

Oh, and I'm eating the Satu'li breakfast and it's awesome. Big fan of the french toast and I don't normally even care about French toast. Egg pods are good, but as usual the slaw steals the show for me on that plate. Will post pics and review in the other thread eventually

On this note, I have to say how amazed I am at how far theme park food has come. It wasn't too long ago that every restaurant carried the same, typical fair. It blows my mind to see some of the offerings that are being served nowadays. It looks like Pandora has succeeded in creating a variety of great food.

I actually looked up tickets for Animal Kingdom the other week because of Pandora. I've never had the opportunity to go to AK and it seems it's going to have to be a priority moving forward.

On this note, I have to say how amazed I am at how far theme park food has come. It wasn't too long ago that every restaurant carried the same, typical fair. It blows my mind to see some of the offerings that are being served nowadays. It looks like Pandora has succeeded in creating a variety of great food.

I actually looked up tickets for Animal Kingdom the other week because of Pandora. I've never had the opportunity to go to AK and it seems it's going to have to be a priority moving forward.

It's actually a really nice park. If you aren't super concerned with RIDES, RIDES, RIDES. It's one of the more fun parks to just walk around in. People always complain that it's a "half day" park, but that doesn't bother me that much.

It's actually a really nice park. If you aren't super concerned with RIDES, RIDES, RIDES. It's one of the more fun parks to just walk around in. People always complain that it's a "half day" park, but that doesn't bother me that much.
It's not a half day if you like exploring and taking your time through Animal exhibits and nature trails like me. But yea, if you're the type to only do ride after ride you can get it done by the afternoon. But you'll miss a lot of the beauty of the park.

Oh. Also this. Banshee sales update:

Interestingly enough, even though we were blocked out of AK due to our CM passes, we did see a fair number of banshees in both Epcot and MK. I know my kid definitely wants one so we will most likely purchase when we return in August.

Stand By Wait times; Friday Noon (TP)
*Flight of Passage.............................165 minutes
*Navi River.........................................90 minutes
*Dinosaur............................................40 minutes
*Everest...............................................30 minutes
*Kali.....................................................30 minutes
*Kilimanjaro........................................40 minutes

Not bad wait times for AK non Pandora attractions....Times are normal to a little less than normal for Friday noon in June. So the rest of the park is probably comfortable, wait times, at least. :)

Reactions: Joel
Just went to Pandora yesterday. Not gonna write a formal review, but the land was gorgeous to look at but did feel like it lacked some substance. Na'vi River Journey was pretty boring and I wouldn't wait more than ten minutes for it, but Flights of Passage was amazing... except I had one issue with it, the 3D. The 3D glasses honestly did not mesh well with the dome screen IMO; you could clearly see the blurry screen outside of the glasses through your peripheral vision, and only being able to see through the frame of your glasses felt like it limited the grandiose of the ride. Am I alone in thinking that removing the 3D would make the ride even more immersive and enjoyable?

(Side note: I rode on the top corner seats which may have negatively affected my experience. But my point about the 3D glasses taking away still stands.)

Just went to Pandora yesterday. Not gonna write a formal review, but the land was gorgeous to look at but did feel like it lacked some substance. Na'vi River Journey was pretty boring and I wouldn't wait more than ten minutes for it, but Flights of Passage was amazing... except I had one issue with it, the 3D. The 3D glasses honestly did not mesh well with the dome screen IMO; you could clearly see the blurry screen outside of the glasses through your peripheral vision, and only being able to see through the frame of your glasses felt like it limited the grandiose of the ride. Am I alone in thinking that removing the 3D would make the ride even more immersive and enjoyable?

(Side note: I rode on the top corner seats which may have negatively affected my experience. But my point about the 3D glasses taking away still stands.)

I've noticed that the farther you are from the center, the more noticeable all the other riders become. It's really bad. I actually would want the glasses to block your peripherals better.

It's not a half day if you like exploring and taking your time through Animal exhibits and nature trails like me. But yea, if you're the type to only do ride after ride you can get it done by the afternoon. But you'll miss a lot of the beauty of the park.

Oh. Also this. Banshee sales update:

They can't seriously let an entire month go by without their main money maker, can they? Think of all the lost profits by not having the Banshees in stock. Either they underestimated demand or this was just incredibly poor planning.

Single rider sign now blacked out. Guess they got tired of being asked about it.

And another single rider line bites the dust.

Soarin', TSMM and now FoP have all had it an, from what it looks like, had it taken away. I don't see any way based on the queue set up that they can separate the SR line from FP+.

Last edited:
They can't seriously let an entire month go by without their main money maker, can they? Think of all the lost profits by not having the Banshees in stock. Either they underestimated demand or this was just incredibly poor planning.

And another single rider line bites the dust.

Soarin', TSMM and now FoP have all had it an, from what it looks like, had it taken away. I don't see any way based on the queue set up that they can separate the SR line from FP+.
I think it's the former. They ran out of wands at Uni when Hogsmeade opened, too.

I think it's the former. They ran out of wands at Uni when Hogsmeade opened, too.
Exactly. And I recall new merchandise specific to Diagon, wasn't ready when the park opened, and much of it didn't show up in the stores until Sept. That stuff happens. Things like suppliers not getting the merch out in time and the difficulty of estimating (guessing)what will sell well are natural factors in retail. I can't blame Disney. This happens everywhere.

It boggles my mind how the banshees are selling out, really. I'm sure kids like them but they're really awkward and uncomfortable sitting your shoulder, and the fact that they're not automated and have this control that you have to use is a little lame...they're not easy to carry around either. I would have much preferred a smaller banshee figure that you could put on your desk.

It boggles my mind how the banshees are selling out, really. I'm sure kids like them but they're really awkward and uncomfortable sitting your shoulder, and the fact that they're not automated and have this control that you have to use is a little lame...they're not easy to carry around either. I would have much preferred a smaller banshee figure that you could put on your desk.
Well lucky for you, you can put the same banshee that you put on your should on display on your desk if you buy the upcharge display stand! I actually like it the stand, but i'm also probably not getting one of these things. I can see how these could be very intriguing items for cosplay though (and it wouldn't even need to be avatar related cosplay).

04BansheeCastDisplayV2.jpg