Post your Wizarding World Merchandise | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Post your Wizarding World Merchandise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Elder Wand is a specific wand and is not related to the Alder wands that were not in stock but now apparently are. IF you want the ELDER wand, it IS available for sale, but you'll have to do your research to figure out which one it is, hahaha!

The Elder Wand is a specific wand and is not related to the Alder wands that were not in stock but now apparently are. IF you want the ELDER wand, it IS available for sale, but you'll have to do your research to figure out which one it is, hahaha!
It's Dumbledore's wand, right? I mean, that'd make sense.

Dang, that's a lot of Toffee.

What exactly IS the Quibbler, besides a pair of glasses? I've heard it's not an actual magazine...
It's not. It's basically just a piece of cardboard made to look like an elongated cover of the Quibbler with a pair of glasses.

Oops! Now everyone knows :confused: lol, JK (Rowling)!
Oh dear...:lol:
My brother and I were discussing this before the park opened. We were just thinking: why wouldn't you just buy Dumbledore's wand since it's the Elder Wand?

--- Update ---

^
What do the glasses do? Are they just a recreation of spectrospecs?

Then what do the glasses do, as you said "they work"... Do they show you things, or are they like 3D glasses?
Let me start by saying I didn't expect them to work at ALL. I pulled them out after deciding I didn't mind if I detached them...and I tried them out. Here's my attempt to describe it:
Around light sources it creates a rainbow effect...anything that emits light becomes surrounded in a spectrum. It makes certain things look like they're moving and it creates multiple visions of objects. You really do feel like Luna Lovegood, though I'm sure the plastic ones I saw someone wearing work much better. It isn't exactly like it is in the film, but it is pretty fun! Next time I go I'm going to try and find the real ones...if anyone knows where they sell them (or if you can just confirm that they do sell them) and what price they are, please tell me!

That's kinda cheap, though. I wish they would have just created a short version of the Quibbler. When I went to the Harry Potter Exhibition in Chicago, I'm pretty sure one of the props there was pages from the Quibbler, so they could have made a replica easily.

Not sure if the ones WB Shop sells are plastic or not: http://www.wbshop.com/Harry-Potter-...-Specs/HPEPLUNASP,default,pd.html?cgid=hpcost

I thought, originally, that they were selling something VERY cool. It's still neat, but I expected some really cool breaking edge technology. When it was first advertised as "a "magical" edition of the quibbler" I expected some form of moving picture, whether it be through lenticular or some other form. I wonder if they will come up with some sort of magazine with lenticular pictures of the park... THAT would be cool...

That's kinda cheap, though. I wish they would have just created a short version of the Quibbler. When I went to the Harry Potter Exhibition in Chicago, I'm pretty sure one of the props there was pages from the Quibbler, so they could have made a replica easily.

Not sure if the ones WB Shop sells are plastic or not: http://www.wbshop.com/Harry-Potter-...-Specs/HPEPLUNASP,default,pd.html?cgid=hpcost

Oh I'm so jealous! My son went with Grandmother on a roadtrip last summer and they went to the HP Exhibition too. I hope to see it someday.

I wish it was a full magazine. It would have been very easy to do...even if it was only a few pages!

--- Update ---

And thanks Acid Pops! They do look like plastic.

Is the ivy wand in stock at the park?

Yes.

And the Elder Wand belongs to (highlight to read) Dumbledore. That is until Voldemort stole it from his grave. Technically it was Draco's at that point until Harry disarmed Draco making it his. So it really never belonged to Voldemort! It was Dumby : Draco : Harry. WARNING. THE PREVIOUS IS A HUGE SPOILER.

And one of the birthday wands is made of "elder wood," just so you know. However it is NOT the Elder Wand.

Can someone give the link to the online store?

Yes.

And the Elder Wand belongs to (highlight to read) Dumbledore. That is until Voldemort stole it from his grave. Technically it was Draco's at that point until Harry disarmed Draco making it his. So it really never belonged to Voldemort! It was Dumby : Draco : Harry. WARNING. THE PREVIOUS IS A HUGE SPOILER.

And one of the birthday wands is made of "elder wood," just so you know. However it is NOT the Elder Wand

Can someone give the link to the online store?

There should be both "elder" and "alder" woods if they are using the Celtic calendar. Elder is late November to late December. Alder is mid-March to mid-April. Here's the link, but the site isn't live yet: http://www.universalorlando.com/Ove...re.aspx?ComponentId=14451&SourcePageId=7805#3

By the way, anyone have a picture of the Ash wand? That's my birth... wood. Doesn't sound quite right does it?

There should be both "elder" and "alder" woods if they are using the Celtic calendar. Elder is late November to late December. Alder is mid-March to mid-April. Here's the link, but the site isn't live yet: http://www.universalorlando.com/Ove...re.aspx?ComponentId=14451&SourcePageId=7805#3

By the way, anyone have a picture of the Ash wand? That's my birth... wood. Doesn't sound quite right does it?

Yes there are elder AND alder birthday wands availiable. Sorry, I should've been clearer before.

And ash is my wood, too. I'd really like to see a pic.

Yes there are elder AND alder birthday wands availiable. Sorry, I should've been clearer before.

And ash is my wood, too. I'd really like to see a pic.

No problem. What do you think they're going to sell on this website? A couple of the hero wands and t-shirts and caps and all that jazz?

No problem. What do you think they're going to sell on this website? A couple of the hero wands and t-shirts and caps and all that jazz?

Probably the ites that are availiable outside the WW. Things like shirts, scarves, ties, hats, mugs, stuffed animals. No wands or little stuff like key chains, though. Who knows, they might branch out.

Everything is sooooooooo expensive, its actually really disgusting. A Light-Up Goblet of Fire for $24.95, have you seen how small that thing is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost nothing is $10 or under and a magnet for $7.50 !!!!! They should be like $4. :bonk:
How much do you bet that in two years all the prices will decrease drastically .

Also, how much is the frozen butter beer in a regular non reusable cup ??

Last edited: