Project 727 | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So instead of it being GE building now and it being the Comcast Building... we should look for that in-park? I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean Comcast has done a whole lot of good, but that also isn't very subtle either.

I dunno, if I had spent a billion trying to improve something I had already paid billions to buy out, I would probably request TEEBIN in a few can't miss locations too. Then I would call it synergy. :wave:

I dunno, if I had spent a billion trying to improve something I had already paid billions to buy out, I would probably request TEEBIN in a few can't miss locations too. Then I would call it synergy. :wave:
I'm not saying they don't have a right to do it, just that there's probably more tasteful ways of doing it...

Reactions: RonaldsModernLife
I'm not saying they don't have a right to do it, just that there's probably more tasteful ways of doing it...

I dunno...

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Walt Disney World
Busch Gardens
Spaceship Earth presented by Siemens.

They have every right to rename Uni to Comcast Studios, but they haven't and I doubt they will. They are satisfied to give the parent company just a bit of branding within their parks. I have no problem with that. That, and the fact that the top brass actually seems to take pride in the parks and have a good sense of doing it better than right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
The one thing I do not get about the brand name of Comcast is where they are taking it. I get "a Comcast Company" but I do not get them using Xfinity for thei cable operations these days.

I get that they have pride in their company and all they have accomplished thus far. But, it's like their rep. as a cable company has caused them to run from their name in what is probably still their core business (but I really like the customer service I have experienced in the theme park unit!)

I get that they have pride in their company and all they have accomplished thus far. But, it's like their rep. as a cable company has caused them to run from their name in what is probably still their core business (but I really like the customer service I have experienced in the theme park unit!)

Speaking of, it was reported today that their customer satisfaction rating dropped once again.

Pushing the Xfinity name was trying to distance their newer digital offerings from the tainted name of Comcast (when you hear that name when talking about cable, the reaction generally isn't good), but that didn't appear to work out very well so they've seemingly gone at it halfhearted these days. I have a feeling they'll start going back to just Comcast with Xfinity being a product brand.

That is basically to say I'm fine with an NBC/Comcast logo in the parks, especially if it's the turkey logo.

Pushing the Xfinity name was trying to distance their newer digital offerings from the tainted name of Comcast (when you hear that name when talking about cable, the reaction generally isn't good), but that didn't appear to work out very well so they've seemingly gone at it halfhearted these days. I have a feeling they'll start going back to just Comcast with Xfinity being a product brand.

That is basically to say I'm fine with an NBC/Comcast logo in the parks, especially if it's the turkey logo.
Yes, I think the peacock logo would fit far better than a Comcast logo, but they own the damn place and are pouring billions into it so if they want to do it then great.

Last edited:
The new Comcast logo has the NBC peacock on it (it's not a turkey, people, it's a peacock :D) so it should be included either way.

comcast_logo_detail.png

Status
Not open for further replies.