Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thank goodness we all have something to talk about, even if a few of you hate this idea. I worry that this will actually be very very popular and have ridiculously long lines. A great introduction to the New York section of the park.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Thank goodness we all have something to talk about, even if a few of you hate this idea. I worry that this will actually be very very popular and have ridiculously long lines. A great introduction to the New York section of the park.

Like Fallon's show, I think it will be very popular and very uninteresting

Reactions: Jon84
The name of this ride sounds like we are about to get this:

index.php

just with celebrities with their own vehicles. Actually this could be pretty fun and funny.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Yeah... I told everyone here what the facade would be months ago in the 727 thread. It will look like 30 Rockefeller Center. The NBC store will kinda look like the Today Show studio across the street but will be tacked onto 30 Rock in this instance.

There will be TWO theaters everyone and not one, unless something drastic has changed in the past 6 months.

Your sources are ridiculously good but I'm scratching my head about how they possibly can fit two theaters? Unless it isn't an IMAX screen but instead something as small as Minion Mayhem. Which would be a bit of a shame, but would make sense capacity-wide.

So, I'm guessing about 2,000pp/hr.

Sorry I missed this earlier. The capacity per theater will either be 76 or 89 or close to this. I hope it hasn't been enlarged as it might prove less intense for each theater. So 152 or 178 at any one time, although I doubt they run in sync but you all get the idea.

I know everyone keeps saying this is basically soarin through NYC, but the name of the ride suggests to me its going to be a car ride through the streets.

Reactions: blue180
I don't doubt it will be popular. I just don't think it will be all that good.

I'm really curious with the stuff that they could potentially do with it. For the pre-show he could film a new monologue each week or grab stuff from the show and incorporate it. They could also throw some money at guests that come on and have them film a little thing and build up a library of guests that can be randomly chosen for each show. And if anything happens to Fallon I'm sure his replacement would be contractually obligated to play ball and update the ride footage.

I'm really curious with the stuff that they could potentially do with it. For the pre-show he could film a new monologue each week or grab stuff from the show and incorporate it. They could also throw some money at guests that come on and have them film a little thing and build up a library of guests that can be randomly chosen for each show.
Yeah.... that's not happening.

Reactions: AmitySam
Universal is trying to diversify their audiences hints Fallon....Right now they hit the 18-49 male audience well now they have to expand hints Hello Kitty and Fallon is more family friendly than other things. This isn't being made for everyone. This is more so beig made for those who don't like extreme rides, think Harry Potter is the work of the devil, and need a reason to go to Universal.

Reactions: Blue and Ultranel
It is interesting how many couldn't wait for this to be announced. Now that it is announced, many can't wait to pitchfork the crap out of it. Whether or not you want to see it gone, as an ex worker of this ride over 5 years ago, I've never got to see a wait time over 25 minutes, and 25 was in the middle of summer with the park completely or close to capacity. So even if this is a fan fav and classic, obviously the support is lacking. It's a very small building so expecting something major is just not realistic, but at least it will be something new and it will have the perfect location in the park.... I just hope as part of this project they will repaint the NYC Library backdrop, it is awful when it shouldn't be, and will they take down the Rockefeller building and replace with something else?

I know everyone keeps saying this is basically soarin through NYC, but the name of the ride suggests to me its going to be a car ride through the streets.

I was actually going to say the same thing....no one where the title would i get the sense this is a "fly-over" NYC tour....it definitely has to be street level....in my opinion at least

I was actually going to say the same thing....no one where the title would i get the sense this is a "fly-over" NYC tour....it definitely has to be street level....in my opinion at least
I get the street level feel from it too.

You're so right. The OU forums have been really slow lately so it's good to see something that sparks interest, be it positive or negative. Myself, the more I think about it, the more I believe it will fill a void in that corner of the park. Positives are that it will make that area much better looking with more relevantly NY themed facades. It will be a family oriented attraction. It makes good use of a small space. Tourists will like it. It has the potential to be an entertaining fun attraction. Not every attraction needs to be a eye popping new tech E ticket. There's always room for entertaining D tickets as an opening act for the Big Show. As I and others said previously, I think the key to the quality of the attraction is if it ends up with a good humorous script. Utilizing the talents of the Tonight Show writers may help to avoid Sinbad type dialogue in the final script.

So let me get this straight....this attraction will be a car race where you're in a car (possibly), whereas Fast and Furious will be an attraction where you watch racing and you're not in a car.

makes sense :confused:

Are you serious? So HP is getting "what I call" the Motley Crue treatment.... once it was satanic music, and now we called it classic rock. :lol:
Yeah, there's a few out there. In fact, the owner of the Theme Parks News site is one of them. He has a no pictures policy on HP street & interior scenes.