Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On some rides, yes. But not Mummy. It has a Class 5 restraint. (I think.)

:thumbs:

And in case anyone was wondering,

A Class-l restraint device is defined as unrestrained or no restraint at all.

A Class-2 restraint is generally defined as a latching restraint device for each individual patron or a latching collective restraint device for more than one patron. But can be limited to providing patrons with sufficient support and the means to react to forces such as handrails, footrests, or other devices.

A Class-3 restraint is generally defined as a latching restraint device for each individual patron or a latching collective restraint device for more than one patron. On a class 3 the ride patron has the ability to manually disable the latching device. No external or indicator lights or signals are required. A visual inspection is acceptable by the ride operator.

A Class-4 restraint is generally defined as a locking restraint device for each individual patron. A level 4 is auto locked and cannot be disabled by the ride patron once locked by the operator. An indicator or signal check system is not required but the operator must do a visual or manual check of the restraints each ride cycle.

A Class-5 re- straint configuration may be achieved by the use of two independent restraints or one fail-safe restraint. When two independent restraints are used, the secondary restraint device may be an individual locking restraint device or a collective locking restraint device. An external indication is required. Detecting the failure of any monitored device shall either bring the ride to a cycle stop or inhibit the cycle.

My bad, it's a Class 4.

Point is, if your lapbar is snug and in the yellow zone, you're not going anywhere.

Last edited:
A few notes from my two rides today...

-Imhotep I is back, and while that awful lighting package is still a thing, he's moving a bit better than he was the last time I saw him in October.
-WTF did they do to Reggie? I understand he got cleaned up but he looks awful/goofy. He's got cartoon eyes that make literally zero sense (they also don't blink) and a dumb, gaping mouth that doesn't move at ALL during his spiel. This is barely an animatronic anymore.
-Treasure Room looked nice today, all of the warriors came up on cue and were sufficiently hidden before their appearance.
-Scarabs room is still too bright, no water spraying at all.
-The turntable scene is AWFUL. Seriously, it's the worst I've EVER seen it. You could very clearly see the projector, the illuminated portion of the screen, the catwalks above you, the safety rails surrounding you, the turntable mechanism itself... it reeked of terrible show, I have no idea why these lights are being left on but it needs to stop. (And before someone says my eyes were adjusted to the darkness, they weren't. I came through the single riders line in broad daylight and had issues getting up the steps without bumping into anything.)
-That said, the launch animation looks spectacular... was this projector replaced or upgraded recently? Imhotep's head here is now super bright, detailed, and blessed with clarity, I was very impressed and pleasantly surprised.
-All of the flashing coaster mummies timing was off - about a second too early.
-Excessive work lights were on below in the Coffee with Fraiser scene at the end; you could clearly see the concrete floor and fences below you, along with associated trash. No, Kong's head is definitely not down there.

Well, here we go.

First ride of the day was a mess. Delays in almost every scene to the point of where we would watch the scene reset before commencing into the next one. Ended up watching Brendan Frasier scream for his coffee about 3 times on this go around. But I still managed to leave enough space bw me and the lapbar to where I would almost be ejected out of my seat on the airtime hills....

2nd go around was as smooth as a baby's....well yea.

Analysis- First scene was fine. Reggie's mouth is visible but doesnt move. Imhotep was quite fluid so that was nice to see.

2nd scene- All is well as usual here!

3rd Scene- Flowing projector screens are just as visible as ever as the scarabs pour out at you.

4th Scene- Screens are clearly visible. Its almost as if they want you to know its fake.

Roller Coaster portion- Heaven on earth

5th Scene- Freaking hot as usual

All is well that ends with coffee right?

EDIT: Woah....two reports simultaneously :wave:

Let's be honest potter raised the bar. What was a very good e ticket before is compared to this new standard and now shows some flaws. Not a bad thing. Hey Singapore shows this is lacking some in the exterior alone. shows work is needed. Now that there is funding I hope one of the best rides at USF gets the attention to keep it a top tier experience. Would love to see a similar exterior facelift to set the mood (Singapore)!!!

I hate when lights are turned on in a ride that's supposed to be dark...Flight of Fear at Kings Island always has some lights on, allowing you to see the track in front of you, and the rest of the building.

I haven't been to USF to ride Mummy, but I honestly think some of you guys are spoiling the fun for me - I'll probably notice everything now! :lol:

I have never noticed what you guys have talked about in the turntable scene, but today I saw it. It was brighter than ever for me.

I can attest to IzzyB's statement. It was so bright you could see the catwalk and the shadow of the catwalk on the screens. Ridiculous. Reggie just has a gaping hole in his mouth

I can attest to IzzyB's statement. It was so bright you could see the catwalk and the shadow of the catwalk on the screens. Ridiculous. Reggie just has a gaping hole in his mouth

Yes, the shadows on the screen plus the brightness caused the screens to not looks as good. Was like when you watch your TV and the sun is shining into your house on your TV screen. Why is this so hard to get right?!?

Just a quick observation from my visit to the park today.

The Team Members at Mummy were asking party size to everyone in the single riders line. :inquisitive:
To make it even worse I ended up with an empty seat next to me.
I think a re-training is in order.

There could have been a new person there. Its extremely odd that they are asking how many people are in your party from the single line unless it was the very end of the night. They will purposely send everyone through the singles line instead of making you go all the way through the queue. They also do this at Dragons with the express queue and FJ in the early mornings. But they are always getting people through fast. The thing that bothers me is when they open up both regular lines when they are only running one track.

It was the middle of the day with a 45 minute wait in standby. Even if it was a new person there were about 3 other TMs watching her do it. I don't know what was up.