Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

That would make more sense. I still don’t see that much freedom ending up as anything other than a frustrating mess for the majority of guests tho.

I still don’t see this being anything other than an on rails shooter. It’s the thing that allows for the tech to not be overly stressed as well as giving a fairly standard experience across guest skill levels.
If it’s an on-rails shooter, than Seven Potters is the way to go. Then you’re (a) Harry protecting your ride against Death Eaters.

If it’s an on-rails shooter, than Seven Potters is the way to go. Then you’re (a) Harry protecting your ride against Death Eaters.

I think an loose "On-Rails" (similar to Smuggler's), with Seven Potters, Voldemort, and the inclusion of Brendan Gleeson as Mad Eye would be a stellar enough of a way to execute it, especially if they can't really use the main trio.

Would also give Mad Eye more to do than just being a cameo for Hogwart's Express.

VR is great, VR attractions are not (at least to this point). I think VR shines in small spaces without access to millions of dollars

VR is great, VR attractions are not (at least to this point). I think VR shines in small spaces without access to millions of dollars

See--I'd argue differently; especially when groups like VOID had high quality, linear-roaming, Virtual Reality experiences with gameplay mechanics in a moving layout.

Depending on the methods the VR is told, I can see this being a major hit for the GP, especially as a free and open to nearly all ages, option.

See--I'd argue differently; especially when groups like VOID had high quality, linear-roaming, Virtual Reality experiences with gameplay mechanics in a moving layout.

Depending on the methods the VR is told, I can see this being a major hit for the GP, especially as a free and open to nearly all ages, option.
Yea, good point. The same way Magic Journeys or Captain EO were the first experience with 3D for people like me when we were kids, a theme park VR attraction could be this generation’s first foray into a real VR headset use. (Not just the cheap ones that use a phone.) Not everyone can afford an oculus. And not everyone has visited a decent boutique experience like The Void.

Yea, good point. The same way Magic Journeys or Captain EO were the first experience with 3D for people like me when we were kids, a theme park VR attraction could be this generation’s first foray into a real VR headset use. (Not just the cheap ones that use a phone.) Not everyone can afford an oculus. And not everyone has visited a decent boutique experience like The Void.

It's why I have no qualms, especially seeing the potential of VR first hand with high-level budgets. Imagining what Universal Creative and Thinkwell (because, you know they're probably in this too), makes me kind of giddy; because with them combined, it could make for a tour de force of showing what VR is capable of for the theme park environment. Especially if the attraction is tailor-made to be as a complete experience, and not just self-isolated.

I think a VR quidditch match would be great. Computer power isn't the problem anymore, look what a current 499 console can do so with real gaming power behind it it would be awesome.
What is better is the upcharges, buy a plastic Nimbus 2000, 3000 or 4000 that you strap between your legs and you can catch that golden snitch faster than your team mates (it will only be the front part of the broom because you need to sit on the motion simulator seat of course..... I guess you aren't allowed to walk around with it in public).

But all kidding aside, I rather have a big special effects show. A wizarding dual using led screens, practical effects, tricks from illusionists and a motion theater where the audience will become a part of the battle. It starts all as a simpel demonstratie but soon things become more elaborate. The patent of the moving theater will be put to good use here.

My reason, wait time and loading time is an hour for both the vr experience and the show. Fun time will be 5 minutes for the vr experience and about 20 to 25 minutes for the show.

Studios is sooo out of balance attraction wise, that they need a practical attraction for expansion, not another ride that's going to feel like most all the other rides in the park. Creative really needs to consider that above all. Even if the VR attraction ends up being a good experience, it will not be a plus for the park. All the screen based attractions in the park are decent to excellent (except F&F), BUT, there's too many of them, causing the park to have a REDUNDANT feel.

Last edited:
Studios is sooo out of balance attraction wise, that they need a practical attraction for expansion, not another ride that's going to feel like most all the other rides in the park. Creative really needs to consider that above all. Even if the VR attraction ends up being a good experience, it will not be a plus for the park. All the screen based attractions in the park are decent to excellent, BUT, there's too many of them, causing the park to have a REDUNDANT feel.
Yeah that's my problem with it. Yes, VR wont feel like the rest of the screen rides in the park, but it would still be better to get a pratical attraction. I'm sure the attraction fit great in Epic Universe with the rest of the park seeming more physical-ride based.

Partaking in a quidditch match would be awesome, but definitely a VR/simulator attraction. As others have said, the studios park has way too many simulators. Maybe Epic Universe however..

VR is unique enough that it wouldn't bother me. I think the bigger issue is the similar tropes between the predominantly media-based attractions.
That’s my thing, hard to sell it to people. Also for my sake, I know it’s not that drastically different it’ll make my trip to USF. At least I don’t think, but there’s so many things I’d skip at this park and just drink and eat instead while I’m there. They gotta diversify, hopefully whatever replaces Kidzone does that.

I think the bigger issue is the similar tropes between the predominantly media-based attractions.

Which can only be alleviated by starting to rebalance the park offerings, either by replacing some screen-based attractions that are currently there (which utilize those tropes), or building new, non-screen-based attractions as additions. The proposed VR ride does not hit either of those objectives.

If the VR ride must be built, build it in Epic Universe -- which is (supposedly) going to be low in attractions that could be classified as simulator-y -- and leave USF's areas of need open for attractions that will help diversify its lineup.

I really hope Universal doesn't overthink this.