Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld San Diego

I'm not aware of any, but I'd imagine local weather in most other SF parks doesn't really make it practical. We here in SoCal sometimes forget about pesky things like days of heavy rain and/or snow that plague most of the rest of the country, making daily operation impractical.

Yes!

Though I think it will mostly a replacement of the film, not necessarily anything else.
Same. I would rather see a small dark ride fit in that space. I think a DarKastle level dark ride could be more doable.

I will low-key miss that time machine to the 90’s. The end exhibit kind of reminded me of the Thing.

Yeah, they don't have the space for that. Plus, they already have Manta, which is not all that different (maybe even a bit better--despite no inversion, it's longer and has two launches). And I have heard that that particular ride is very, very rough. Like TOGO rough. Not good reports.

Submarine Quest's track will now be like the old people mover/rocket rods track in tomorrowland... an eyesore. Its a shame they couldn't find a way to completely redesign that ride, but if I remember from the POV video it was very basic/minimal. Oh well..

I'm kinda loving JTA's new paint scheme. I'm very curious to see how the newly renovated ride turns out. Orlando will always have the superior version, but this one always looked fun too. Didn't they remove the aquarium aspect it originally had when it opened?

SWSD wants to add a big thrill ride but are severely restricted. How about a mega lite?
View attachment 8309
^With the small announcement about SW getting their own "MAKO", can we please get the JAWS-esque tunnel seen in the bottom right

Last edited:
Yeah, they don't have the space for that. Plus, they already have Manta, which is not all that different (maybe even a bit better--despite no inversion, it's longer and has two launches). And I have heard that that particular ride is very, very rough. Like TOGO rough. Not good reports.
They could go with B&M and just have the same style if ride with their wingrider model. I would imagine that could be a lot smoother.

Its amusing how much smaller the new coaster/thrill ride looks compared to the concept art lol

I really love when Sea World really goes "all in" for a new ride by providing new enhanced upgraded marine life exhibits along with whatever ride they've added. Especially when they tie the exhibit into the queue..

Theme Park Insider got the chance to cover the attraction for media previews

Gotta admit, looks like it has a lot more of a punch than I think people are expecting it.