1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

SeaWorld San Diego

Discussion in 'Other California Parks' started by Bonkers, Aug 16, 2013.

1. SOCAL110

SOCAL110 Member

Can you name me another Six Flags park that has a 365 day operating schedule? I'm talking about daily operation, not year round.

2. Rideguy70

Rideguy70 Member

I'm not aware of any, but I'd imagine local weather in most other SF parks doesn't really make it practical. We here in SoCal sometimes forget about pesky things like days of heavy rain and/or snow that plague most of the rest of the country, making daily operation impractical.

SOCAL110 likes this.
  3. Ron101

Ron101 Rookie

Breakdown for the sky buckets at SWSD

4. GAcoaster

GAcoaster Veteran Member

62 MPH gust of wind stopped the ride. The cable moved off the rollers on one of the towers which is why they couldn't just restart and move them. Safety system worked the way it should, but it made for a dramatic recuse!

Ron101, Freak and AlexanderMBush like this.
  5. Stryker

Stryker Rookie

6. SOCAL110

SOCAL110 Member

7. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Same. I would rather see a small dark ride fit in that space. I think a DarKastle level dark ride could be more doable.

I will low-key miss that time machine to the 90’s. The end exhibit kind of reminded me of the Thing.

8. GAcoaster

GAcoaster Veteran Member

I'd imagine the ride system's age and deteriorated state may mean the ride system needs changing, not just the film.

Rideguy70, SOCAL110 and Freak like this.
  9. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

10. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Surprise, surprise. Kinda sucksthat ugly track will be left there to rot. Hopefully they'll tear it down.

Here's a thought: Don't think there's enough space to replace SQ, but what if they added a coaster like this? I think it would be perfect for Sea World's restrictive space.

11. Rideguy70

Rideguy70 Member

Yeah, they don't have the space for that. Plus, they already have Manta, which is not all that different (maybe even a bit better--despite no inversion, it's longer and has two launches). And I have heard that that particular ride is very, very rough. Like TOGO rough. Not good reports.

SOCAL110 likes this.
  12. Wesker69

Wesker69 Veteran Member

Submarine Quest's track will now be like the old people mover/rocket rods track in tomorrowland... an eyesore. Its a shame they couldn't find a way to completely redesign that ride, but if I remember from the POV video it was very basic/minimal. Oh well..

I'm kinda loving JTA's new paint scheme. I'm very curious to see how the newly renovated ride turns out. Orlando will always have the superior version, but this one always looked fun too. Didn't they remove the aquarium aspect it originally had when it opened?

^With the small announcement about SW getting their own "MAKO", can we please get the JAWS-esque tunnel seen in the bottom right

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    AlexanderMBush likes this.
  13. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

They could go with B&M and just have the same style if ride with their wingrider model. I would imagine that could be a lot smoother.

14. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Tidal Twister opens on Memorial Day Weekend.

15. Ron101

Ron101 Rookie

Very interested in seeing the improvements SkyLine Attractions made to this SkyWarp model. We all know how the first one turned out.:afraid:

16. Wesker69

Wesker69 Veteran Member

Its amusing how much smaller the new coaster/thrill ride looks compared to the concept art lol

I really love when Sea World really goes "all in" for a new ride by providing new enhanced upgraded marine life exhibits along with whatever ride they've added. Especially when they tie the exhibit into the queue..

17. Wesker69

Wesker69 Veteran Member

Despite this ride concept being a very simplistic design, i don't care what anyone says... it looks fun!

Although, not gonna lie, I'd like to see water underneath it & rockwork around it. Can't wait to see the finished product.

SOCAL110 and anihilnation like this.