Secret Invasion [Disney+] | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Invasion [Disney+]

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Marvel Studios has announced that Secret Invasion is being adapted to Disney+, starring both Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn as Talos!

So uh, FRICKING SECRET INVASION!

When does Captain Marvel 2 come out again? Because this is likely coming out 6 weeks beforehand :lol:

When does Captain Marvel 2 come out again? Because this is likely coming out 6 weeks beforehand :lol:

July 8th.

Secret Invasion means so much for Marvel; arguably on a similar level to Secret Wars or House of M (which is already being adapted into 3 stories {Spidey, Strange, and Wandavision}). It has to be coming immediately before Captain Marvel 2, as it makes way too much sense.

Reactions: Nick
July 8th.

Secret Invasion means so much for Marvel; arguably on a similar level to Secret Wars or House of M (which is already being adapted into 3 stories {Spidey, Strange, and Wandavision}). It has to be coming immediately before Captain Marvel 2, as it makes way too much sense.
Just looked it up and Captain Marvel is actually November 11th, 2022, now. It was slated for July 8th at one point, but got moved back.

Colman's quite a get if they can land her. Instantly elevates the profile of the show, and hopefully portends some pretty solid writing.

Or she could just be taking a nice paycheck! :lol:

It's interesting that they're going the series route with this. It feels like a more universe-changing event that would fit as a major story thread in a future phase.

Feige has said that the shows are not going to be "required" viewing for anyone watching any of the movies, though.
You can write a movie that doesn’t require watching the show. Serenity (Firefly) is a perfect example.

Coming from someone who has worked on one of the MCU streaming shows, I can tell you that the budget on ALL of the them is massive.
Yeah, I think the budget on all of them is supposed to be around $150M-$200M.

Of course don't let the large budget like that make fool you into thinking everything should be the same as the movies. The movies get those budgets for 2-2.5 hour films. These shows are getting these budgets for 5.5-6 hours, meaning that you have to expect things to be scaled down a bit like we've seen. A two-hour film with a $200M budget is going to be able to afford a lot more than a $200M show that has to spread that budget over 6 hours - basically the equivalent of making 3 theatrical movies on the budget of one.

Yeah, I think the budget on all of them is supposed to be around $150M-$200M.

Of course don't let the large budget like that make fool you into thinking everything should be the same as the movies. The movies get those budgets for 2-2.5 hour films. These shows are getting these budgets for 5.5-6 hours, meaning that you have to expect things to be scaled down a bit like we've seen. A two-hour film with a $200M budget is going to be able to afford a lot more than a $200M show that has to spread that budget over 6 hours - basically the equivalent of making 3 theatrical movies on the budget of one.

Yeah definitely. And I mean I can only speak for the VFX side of things, but I know for WV it worked out well because the first few episodes had very little/simple VFX in it so we were able to push the budget more towards the final episodes where it was needed more. I think Disney was shocked at how expensive our show ended up being actually haha. There's a LOT of VFX in it that people just don't know about (which is good cause it means we did our job well). But those things really drove up the cost in very unexpected ways.

r-kelly-cigarette-gif-wtf.gif

Reactions: HereWeGo and Nick
Feige has said that the shows are not going to be "required" viewing for anyone watching any of the movies, though.
He is a lying. Somewhere a Villain or hero from a show will be in a film, then what? Moon Knight, Miss Marvel and She Hulk will never be in films?

Loki isn't going to show up in a film? Its all such BS they can say it all day long but Wanda is going to be sooo different from endgame without watching the show you wont really get it...she is looking for her kids when did she get kids? Etc

if this plot is only a show then its a waste this is something that should be tying into the next Avengers

Reactions: amar831