Secret Invasion [Disney+] | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Invasion [Disney+]

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Gravik reminds me of Karli Morgenthau from TFATWS but honestly I think I might be less interested in his plot than hers, mainly due to Gravik being nothing but a jerk meanie for most of his screentime. And why does he take a human form for scenes with his fellow skrulls when he hates humans so much?
Budget, lol

It’s another tell don’t show villain.

So many “reveals” with such little lead up. Ohhh this person has a wife, who the F cares never not once did this character ever even mention that but 15 years into this I’m suppose to care. Imagine if at the end of Hawkeye Clint I’d like this is my family, and they were never introduced until this film.
Kinda reminds me of lack widow as well, like she had these people she “cared” about but never talked about ever….sure

Reactions: Ahmanet
Still haven't moved past the debut yet. I've got some time this week so i'm thinking i'll try and finally give this thing a chance. Maybe just start over completely.

Episode 5 is fine

I just don't get how this show cost 200 million dollars to make. Like they read this script and are like "yeah, we should invest this much money....into this story"

Maybe it will have some big twist episode but the show feels like it will have like almost no impact on the MCU and some....
bigger" characters have died and feels like no one cares.

They also have these villains similar to the flag smashers but I feel like Gavik is even more basic then them.

I think most of the actors are doing great with what they have but....I just don't get how this show got green lite

Have not seen it yet

But yeah, not that excited. I am excited for.....Armor Wars now more then I was but besides that I can basically predict what the finale will be without watching it

This show is so bad I'm not even watching the last two episodes.

I like spoilers so I read what happens, and it... is... just... so... dumb.

Unbelievable.
Lmao I've watched all the MCU disney+ shows as they released EXCEPT for Secret Invasion. It's sad because before it came out I was excited for it but ngl once it started I just didn't care anymore... rough time for the MCU rn

I'm kinda wondering how long Feige has before being replaced? It's clear that there's *something* going on at the studio at this point, though whether that's internal pressure from execs or just complete lack of planning I'm not sure.

I mean the show as a whole was not good and....the Presidents guards are a joke

That being said, it wasn't worst then what we've seen before. The end fight was cool but also opens up many, many questions.
This is another MCU show. I will never watch again. It most likely my least favorite MCU thing we've seen and I still have NO idea how this cost 200 million. Just you wasted millions on this and I don't understand how it passed anyone in the head offices at Disney/Marvel

1) So Gia now has all these hero's powers....making her so OP yet she is never going to show up until the last fight in an Avengers film.
2) Nick had a lot of faith in some young skrull, Gavik I thought was one of his best and has been using powers for a little while now....so I think it was crazy for him to be fine sending her to fight vs the Avengers. I know its the budget but makes zero sense that Nick had to "do it on his own" then he didn't even fight....so yeah your useless Nick
3) I will say, Armor wars will be a lot more interesting with Rhodey being a Skrull but also somehow the writers will screw it up and make his story boring, I hope not but I just have so little faith in the MCU right now.

I'm kinda wondering how long Feige has before being replaced? It's clear that there's *something* going on at the studio at this point, though whether that's internal pressure from execs or just complete lack of planning I'm not sure.
Is it feige's fault fully? Yeah, he's the one who has the plans for these phases, but also like, I feel he has A LOT to juggle between movies and shows that he can't possibly oversee everything anymore. He's in more of a delegation role than ever which takes him away from being as hands on as he used to be.

Is it feige's fault fully? Yeah, he's the one who has the plans for these phases, but also like, I feel he has A LOT to juggle between movies and shows that he can't possibly oversee everything anymore. He's in more of a delegation role than ever which takes him away from being as hands on as he used to be.
I mean, he approved having all these things happening at once with ZERO plan

Thats the clear part, look at Phase one which is simple but is setting up the fight with Loki

Phase 2 is about challenging the hero's and making them all change in their own way leading to Phase 3

Phase 3 is about how the Hero's past is affecting them leading leading to civil war and then Thanos wins because of this

Phase 4 is......setting up more TV shows and sequels
Phase 5 is the same

There is no clear goals for any of the hero teams now and most hero's are just doing their own thing.

The only kinda story line we have is from earth where people are trying to come to terms with the Blimp but that's it and it's an Idea I think could have been part of Phase 4 if they had themes tie together but....really nothing felt like it really tied the themes together and feels like how after the battle of NY and they keep bringing it back but that was in the background not the main focus.

It's also harder now with all these hero's on why they won't help each other, like Moon Knight is on his own because no one knows him cool but Sam got help from Wakanda but then didn't want to lead a team to help them back in BP2? I know it's a budget thing but then maybeee you don't waste time introducing Ironheart and have Buckey and Sam come help out because they are friends/owe Wakanda.

But The new Phases are all about set up, Here is the Kingpin he sucks now but don't worry he will be back in X shows, here is DD he will back in this show, here is Ironheart she will be in her own show......
It's just all set up with ZERO pay off and Antman 3 in a way was suppose feel major and felt like.....you guessed it more set up, lol

Reactions: Ahmanet and Grabnar
I mean, he approved having all these things happening at once with ZERO plan

Thats the clear part, look at Phase one which is simple but is setting up the fight with Loki

Phase 2 is about challenging the hero's and making them all change in their own way leading to Phase 3

Phase 3 is about how the Hero's past is affecting them leading leading to civil war and then Thanos wins because of this

Phase 4 is......setting up more TV shows and sequels
Phase 5 is the same

There is no clear goals for any of the hero teams now and most hero's are just doing their own thing.

The only kinda story line we have is from earth where people are trying to come to terms with the Blimp but that's it and it's an Idea I think could have been part of Phase 4 if they had themes tie together but....really nothing felt like it really tied the themes together and feels like how after the battle of NY and they keep bringing it back but that was in the background not the main focus.

It's also harder now with all these hero's on why they won't help each other, like Moon Knight is on his own because no one knows him cool but Sam got help from Wakanda but then didn't want to lead a team to help them back in BP2? I know it's a budget thing but then maybeee you don't waste time introducing Ironheart and have Buckey and Sam come help out because they are friends/owe Wakanda.

But The new Phases are all about set up, Here is the Kingpin he sucks now but don't worry he will be back in X shows, here is DD he will back in this show, here is Ironheart she will be in her own show......
It's just all set up with ZERO pay off and Antman 3 in a way was suppose feel major and felt like.....you guessed it more set up, lol
I 100% agree Phases 4 & 5 are a bit aimless, but I also think a lot of this has to do with the TV shows being forced upon him. The shows made everything more convoluted than it needed to be. If they told a much simpler mutiverse story through movies only and ONLY focused on the movies, there would naturally be more progression throughout the phases. Because there's so many projects, it just feels like a lot is being thrown at us but nothing is happening at the same time.

I mean he’s the president and CCO, if it’s not his responsibility directly he’s the one delegating and there needs to be an overhaul under him.

Maybe it’s just too big and unwieldy, maybe they’re just having trouble keeping talent, there’s a lot of potential root causes but they ultimately fall the executive team to address, especially after 3 years of rapidly declining quality and, consequentially, public interest.

I 100% agree Phases 4 & 5 are a bit aimless, but I also think a lot of this has to do with the TV shows being forced upon him. The shows made everything more convoluted than it needed to be. If they told a much simpler mutiverse story through movies only and ONLY focused on the movies, there would naturally be more progression throughout the phases. Because there's so many projects, it just feels like a lot is being thrown at us but nothing is happening at the same time.
Sure but they have ZERO plans

They could have mapped out how the stories combined. I think BP2 should have not just ended the Phase but been an EVENT.

That then lead to what ever new problems are happening in Phase 5, which this Phase should be about Kang gaining some villains to help him......but that is either not happening or just at the start of the next Avangers he will be like "hey High Evolutionary join me to kill the Avengers and GOTG"

Phase 6 should be Kang Dynasty and how "and if" they can beat him

Reactions: Ahmanet and Grabnar
I mean he’s the president and CCO, if it’s not his responsibility directly he’s the one delegating and there needs to be an overhaul under him.

Maybe it’s just too big and unwieldy, maybe they’re just having trouble keeping talent, there’s a lot of potential root causes but they ultimately fall the executive team to address, especially after 3 years of rapidly declining quality and, consequentially, public interest.
Oh I agree it does ultimately fall to him, but I think this is a problem that he is dealing with, not one he created (making both tv shows and movies).

Here's the thing - do I actually think Feige should be President of Marvel Studios or is he necessarily doing a good job of managing the role? no. I think there needs to be a Roy in there to run the business side and take some stress off of him on that side while he's the Walt on the Creative side.

Reactions: Grabnar
The Office Smile GIF