Secret Invasion [Disney+] | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Invasion [Disney+]

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This feels a bit like an "Event" miniseries with such a high caliber cast. The cast alone is going to make for one hell of a giant budget.

It's genuinely becoming an absolute stand-out among the other projects; which intrigues the hell out of me considering the casts they have for Loki, Ms. Hulk, and Moon Knight. I'm getting more and more excited about this show; and hopefully we hear more on how they'll film the show, and if they'll use a mixture of Stagecraft and practical sets.

What if all these big-name actors are really only playing MCU versions of themselves, and then turn out to be Skrulls? :grin:

He is a lying. Somewhere a Villain or hero from a show will be in a film, then what? Moon Knight, Miss Marvel and She Hulk will never be in films?

Loki isn't going to show up in a film? Its all such BS they can say it all day long but Wanda is going to be sooo different from endgame without watching the show you wont really get it...she is looking for her kids when did she get kids? Etc

if this plot is only a show then its a waste this is something that should be tying into the next Avengers
Of course those characters are going to show up in movies, but it will likely be in a way that is easily explainable and they'll do a quick explain-o-vision about who she is.

The fact pf the matter is, yes Disney wants you to watch all of the Marvel Disney+ shows and yes it would enhance your movie viewing if you do watch them by a ton, but Feige can't outright say that you NEED to watch every series in order to understand what's going on because for one thing, it's not really true, and another, there are A LOT of Marvel casuals out there. If they are told that on top of 4-5 movies a year they need to watch 4-5 series a year, Marvel is gonna lose a lot of people.

It's about keeping the messaging simple for those people. Like I said, your overall viewing experience will be extremely enhanced by seeing the D+ shows, but it'd be a lie to say that you NEED to see them to understand what's going on in the films.

It's genuinely becoming an absolute stand-out among the other projects; which intrigues the hell out of me considering the casts they have for Loki, Ms. Hulk, and Moon Knight. I'm getting more and more excited about this show; and hopefully we hear more on how they'll film the show, and if they'll use a mixture of Stagecraft and practical sets.
Yup. I still don't like Skrulls and stuff so i'm actually not as excited as I would like to be, but it's starting to peak my interest more and more.

I want to clarify what I meant about "Event series" too. I think that Marvel could come out and say, for select series' (maybe once a year or maybe even less frequently), that what i'm calling an "event" series would be almost a required viewing to understand what's going on in the movies.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I want to clarify what I meant about "Event series" too. I think that Marvel could come out and say, for select series' (maybe once a year or maybe even less frequently), that what i'm calling an "event" series would be almost a required viewing to understand what's going on in the movies.

I think with how Wandavision, Spider-Man, and Doctor Strange are paving the way for an interconnective narrative throughout a trilogy span, we could see the same for Secret Invasion, Captain Marvel 2, and even Thor: Love and Thunder if they decide to go into the space elements with the Guardians.

It'd be extremely helpful for clarifying, but it doesn't mean that it's directly required.

To be honest, this would be a great series to bring back Chloe Bennett (from Agents of Shield) as Quake in a rebooted form. There's a die hard fanbase that loved that show and loved her character and I don't think it would be the worst idea to reboot the character and bring her into the MCU.

Last edited:
That trailer is awesome. Looks like this is going to be really good! Especially excited for Ben Mendelsohn and Emilia Clarke.
I’m so confused

is this before he goes to space?

Secret Invasion is included in the Phase 5 slate, so I'd imagine they will go talk about where Fury has been before he comes back to Earth.

Last edited:
That trailer is awesome. Looks like this is going to be really good! Especially excited for Ben Mendelsohn and Emilia Clarke.

Secret Invasion is included in the Phase 5 slate, so I'd imagine they will go talk about where Fury has been before he comes back to Earth.
Everything in 2023 (after the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special) up until just before Late 2024 is Phase 5. Fantastic Four kicks off Phase 6 in November 2024.

Secret Invasion looks really good so far, but i'm really not a big fan at all of Skrulls. We'll see how it turns out.

Given this release date, we likely don't see Loki until the fall now. Hopefully What If? is still on deck for this year.

Reactions: n i c k
It looks great

I hope its tone is darker...with the MCU it feels like years of syaing "ohhh this one looks dark.." then to have the rug pulled under our feet at the least second

This has been my most anticipated MCU project for quite some time. Hope it doesn’t disappoint.

This is exactly what the MCU needs right now: Something that actually takes itself seriously. I like the more tonally dark direction that hasn't been seen since Winter Soldier or Civil War.

Reactions: Nick
This is exactly what the MCU needs right now: Something that actually takes itself seriously. I like the more tonally dark direction that hasn't been seen since Winter Soldier or Civil War.
Exactly. And set in real world locations too instead of an over reliance on CGI like the movies have seen. The monologue from Fury in that trailer sort of leads us to believe this might be his last major outing. I’m thinking they are going to pass the torch to Maria Hill at some point when Sam Jackson doesn’t want to do this anymore.

Also, this show has a terrific cast so I’m optimistic.

With the show starting to air next week, the review embargo has lifted. Critics were given the first two episodes and out of 33 reviews so far it's sitting at a 67%. Most critics are saying it's definitely the most "mature" thing Marvel has done in awhile, but many critics seems to be split on if it works or not.

One critic straight up compared it to Andor (which I would love if it was even close to that), but the thing about Andor is it was a slow burn. Not everyone liked the show because of that reason. I doubt it's as good as Andor, but if it's Marvel's attempt at an Andor style show in terms of human drama and pacing, I do wonder how it will be received by fans. My guess is the fanbase will probably be split on it.

With the show starting to air next week, the review embargo has lifted. Critics were given the first two episodes and out of 33 reviews so far it's sitting at a 67%. Most critics are saying it's definitely the most "mature" thing Marvel has done in awhile, but many critics seems to be split on if it works or not.

One critic straight up compared it to Andor (which I would love if it was even close to that), but the thing about Andor is it was a slow burn. Not everyone liked the show because of that reason. I doubt it's as good as Andor, but if it's Marvel's attempt at an Andor style show in terms of human drama and pacing, I do wonder how it will be received by fans. My guess is the fanbase will probably be split on it.

Andor also benefitted from having 12 episodes, which didn't make it feel like it was rushing towards the end. Since this will only be half that length, I can't help but feel like history is going to repeat itself here when it comes to MCU shows sticking the landing.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick
Andor also benefitted from having 12 episodes, which didn't make it feel like it was rushing towards the end. Since this will only be half that length, I can't help but feel like history is going to repeat itself here when it comes to MCU shows sticking the landing.
This show will be far more disappointing I think if they don't stick the landing. This show isn't working with some low level villains, we've got Skrulls, including Talos and Emilia Clarke playing his daughter. This is seemingly a a show for Samuel L. Jackson to finally get to flex his muscles as a character and be our lead for a change. This is also supposed to lead directly into Armor Wars.

I just don't want the ending to feel unnecessarily rushed is one of the biggest things. I believe almost every episode of this show is around the 50 minute mark or more so hopefully that helps with telling the story that they need to in 6 episodes.