Secret Invasion [Disney+] | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Invasion [Disney+]

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought the first episode had its moments (namely the ending), but overall it was kind of a slog for most of it. The conflict this show introduces feels like such a monumental issue brewing in the MCU and the show felt so small in its pilot for what it’s tackling. Hoping it ramps up.

Interesting timing to have a (terrible looking) AI generated intro right at the moment Hollywood is on fire over AI's impact on labor.

I kinda liked...the title into......had no idea it was AI built

Episode one....was slow. I hope it gets better but it's hard to care about the Skrulls when we only have one real movie with them getting to show who they are....so when one of them is dead....its like that sucks but I didn't really know them

Finally got around to watching this. Definitely slow episode that has its moments, but ultimately, I don’t really like the skrulls at all and am not finding most of the characters introduced all that interesting.

Hopefully it gets better. Right now it’s coming off a bit like a try-hard knockoff of CA: Winter Soldier. Oh, loved the intro btw, don’t care if it’s AI or not.

To be fair I think all of the first episodes of all the Disney+ MCU shows were pretty slow.
I've thought most D+ shows have started fairly strong. The characters just don't interest me as leads. Everett Ross, Maria Hill, Talos, Emilia Clark's character that I couldn't give two craps about. Even Nick Fury. All of these characters are good in supporting roles, but I just sort of found myself bored with them in the lead. I think Fury will be fine as a lead though because Sam Jackson is just that good.

In the 30 seconds Rhodey was on screen in this episode he was more captivating to watch more than any other character in the show. With this being a lead-in to Armor Wars, i'm really, really excited to see Don Cheadle take the lead in that movie as I think he can command the screen. He's also one of those characters that's been around for over a decade that had a close relationship with Tony and we actually care about him. I just don't care about most of these characters save for Fury.

The second episode was much better

Lots of info I wish I had episode 1

I like how Fury gets fired but like this has happened before. I also think Hill deaths sucked, never loved the character but didn't feel like it was a a good death for her.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
I find the silence of this thread very telling.
I've still only watched episode one. For all I know the show could be great, but no one's talking about it and both the RT critic AND audience scores are in pretty mediocre to almost rotten ranges so with the first episode not really winning me over that much i've just never been all that eager to jump back in yet.

At this point maybe I just wait until it's over and binge it?

Watched Episode 4

The Reveal was pretty telling, and while I think Jackson and everyone is doing pretty well acting...but I just don't care. I just don't think they are doing much to make the show stand out from anything else....another show I watch once and most likely never again

Reactions: Ahmanet
Gravik reminds me of Karli Morgenthau from TFATWS but honestly I think I might be less interested in his plot than hers, mainly due to Gravik being nothing but an jerk meanie for most of his screentime. And why does he take a human form for scenes with his fellow skrulls when he hates humans so much?

Reactions: Ahmanet