Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I realize many have said how excited they are/were about the ride being trackless and how integral that is/was to the design. But if the rumors of it now being an omnimover are true, I'm just as curious. Aside from FJ (if you count that), has Universal ever done an omnimover styled attraction before? I'd be very interested in their take on one.

I mean, it isn't like it's turning into a screen based attraction, and from what it seems through the ether; is sticking true to practicality.

I'd love a good Trackless, and if the rumors are true; it won't be too long after for SoCal to get one. And if anything, this may be helping out even more, on a capacity level; and allows things to be kept as linear and concise.

Reactions: Rideguy70
I mean, it isn't like it's turning into a screen based attraction, and from what it seems through the ether; is sticking true to practicality.

I'd love a good Trackless, and if the rumors are true; it won't be too long after for SoCal to get one. And if anything, this may be helping out even more, on a capacity level; and allows things to be kept as linear and concise.
What's even the point of this ride if it is an omni? Wasn't the purpose of this ride to create a high-end practical ride that's great for families?

What's even the point of this ride if it is an omni? Wasn't the purpose of this ride to create a high-end practical ride that's great for families?

Excuse me for asking, but for Universal; what isn't High-End about an full-fledged Omnimover?

It'd be a big first for Universal, even in a small way; as they haven't done a ride of that kind at all yet. And if the attraction also has high end animatronics, then what seems to be the issue? I would think it'd be a huge thing, and that the ride system would bring a lot of interesting angles.

Excuse me for asking, but for Universal; what isn't High-End about an full-fledged Omnimover?

It'd be a big first for Universal, even in a small way; as they haven't done a ride of that kind at all yet. And if the attraction also has high end animatronics, then what seems to be the issue? I would think it'd be a huge thing, and that the ride system would bring a lot of interesting angles.
Disagree. After hearing all of the cool effects that get would've had with the trackless (AAs having their own vehicle and following you, dodging cars). That seems like a HUGE downgrade to me.

Wake me up when USH opens Nintendo.

Reactions: alias8703
Disagree. After hearing all of the cool effects that get would've had with the trackless (AAs having their own vehicle and following you, dodging cars). That seems like a HUGE downgrade to me.

I think there's a difference between "downgrade" and "not worth it" though. Universal on both coasts has desperately needed attractions that are slower, physical, and relaxing. I don't see how this can't still be a very good ride, even if it being trackless would have been preferable.

Will SLOP turn in to Fast and Furious? A major disappointment in Orlando? Maybe not such high expectations for SLOP but Universal needs a win with their new ride in Hollywood.

I don't see why it would be comparable at all
Im just saying that Universal hasn't exactly done a great job with their most recent attractions. Panda is ok in the Dreamworks theatre but nothing to write home about. Fast and Furious as part of the Studio tour is ok but the stand alone ride in Orlando is not best liked. My point is that Universal needs to deliver on SLOP.

Im just saying that Universal hasn't exactly done a great job with their most recent attractions. Panda is ok in the Dreamworks theatre but nothing to write home about. Fast and Furious as part of the Studio tour is ok but the stand alone ride in Orlando is not best liked. My point is that Universal needs to deliver on SLOP.

I don't think the level of investment is anywhere comparable to F&F. SLOP is a C/D ticket sized ride, and was so even when it was a trackless ride. It's a sidepiece, not a headliner.

While you may have been privy to info that we don't know, the ride isn't even built yet. And we all know a lot of things can change during the planning and even construction stages.

How do you know plans haven't been adjusted to accommodate an omnimover system (which, also isn't even 100% verified that it's an omnimover yet as well as far as I know--just more speculation)?

I can't quite believe you're so judgemental about a ride that doesn't even yet exist. It seems you're lamenting the loss of a concept that, while maybe great, could also be replaced by something just as great. Or, maybe it will bomb. Or just be so-so. But either way, I'll wait to ride it myself first before dismissing it.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

Concerning news: The same people who told you that SLoP would be trackless and interactive AAs are the same people who told you that SNW/MarioKart is going to be next level.

Reactions: Mike S
The ride switching from trackless to omnimover:
  • Downgrade in ride experience
  • Upgrade in ride capacity
If UC really cared more about capacity override experience, why would DreamWorks theater have less seats than Shrek did? I think they care about experience more than capacity to some degree. If this were Disney, there's no way they would even consider letting them do the 180 degree screen for the experience if it meant less seats in the theater. Capacity is important but I think they realize you can only take that so far if it hinders the experience.
While you may have been privy to info that we don't know, the ride isn't even built yet. And we all know a lot of things can change during the planning and even construction stages.

How do you know plans haven't been adjusted to accommodate an omnimover system (which, also isn't even 100% verified that it's an omnimover yet as well as far as I know--just more speculation)?

I can't quite believe you're so judgemental about a ride that doesn't even yet exist. It seems you're lamenting the loss of a concept that, while maybe great, could also be replaced by something just as great. Or, maybe it will bomb. But either way, I'll wait to ride it myself first before deciding.
It's just like Ghostbusters 3. You get excited for a new Ghostbusters movie and that the original cast is returning; then, stuff happens and then hear that they're going to remake it, scrap the original cast, and replace them with the least funniest women in Hollywood. If you were a Ghostbusters fan, would you be excited for that?

Now take this ride. All of the insiders on here hyped this ride up like the second coming claiming it was going to be one of the best dark rides around and potentially UC's magnum opus. I got to see the floor plans that would verify that. Then it supposedly becomes a slow omnimover eliminating all of the cool stuff they could've done with the trackless.

I realize I have come across as some angry old scrooge behind a computer screen, but if this is true, can anybody see why I would be very disappointed? If Battle Escape at SWGE got cut down to an omnimover, would you be excited? Although if this turns out to be a really great ride despite the downgrade, I will gladly eat crow. But still, it would be a missed opportunity.

For now, I'm still holding out hope that this is still going to be a trackless. After all, Chris did say a few pages back that an ice skating rink company will be working on the building/flooring.

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.