Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The trackless variation looked neat, and would’ve had like 2 scenes that really played with the format, but other than that it was pretty straightforward Fantasyland style dark ride. Honestly not much has to change to fit an omnimover style.

And I believe reports of autonomous animals were exaggerated (or oversold) so not much of a loss to me.

The trackless variation looked neat, and would’ve had like 2 scenes that really played with the format, but other than that it was pretty straightforward Fantasyland style dark ride. Honestly not much has to change to fit an omnimover style.

And I believe reports of autonomous animals were exaggerated (or oversold) so not much of a loss to me.
If you don’t think it’s much of a loss, that gives me more hope. Those two scenes could definitely make a difference though.

Also, I find it very funny how everyone is assuming the worst about Spiderman at DCA while UC could be downsizing a good ride here and everyone is assuming the best. Just saying.

Reactions: Andysol
Also, I find it very funny how everyone is assuming the worst about Spiderman at DCA while UC could be downsizing a good ride here and everyone is assuming the best. Just saying.

I think you're continually comparing apples to oranges when you compare this project to Disney ones, first with Battle Escape and now with Spider-Man. Both of those properties deserve massive E-ticket attractions. SLOP does not.

I also don't think a Spider-Man shooter will be a *bad* ride...but it's certainly a disappointing concept IMO.

If you don’t think it’s much of a loss, that gives me more hope. Those two scenes could definitely make a difference though.
As long as it's a dark ride with AA characters and a limited-to-no reliance on screens it'll be a win in my book. All of the Universal parks stateside could use a few more family-friendly dark rides. We need more C-D ticket rides to balance things out, especially ones without height limits.

If people were telling you that, they were lying. This thing was never more than a C/low-level D ticket.

Yea, it was going to be a very, very good C/D-level ride. But the best dark ride around? Nah. Nowhere close.

To be fair, it was likened to Poohs Hunny Hunt. And if dropping to a basic omnivover is the difference between PHH and what we have in Magic Kingdom, then that is certainly a drop in quality.

But ultimately, that’s on @Freak and not Universal. That’s why I only believe a smidge of what the insiders say and constantly remain skeptical, as they are wrong way more often than they are right.

Hence why I’m not in full belief MarioKart is the 2nd coming. It might be, but I’ll believe it when I see it and not set myself up for disappointment.

If the rumor is true, and this does turn out to be s slow omnimover, I’m going to completely lose interest in this ride. That’s a huge downgrade to me.
If the rumor is true, and it's indeed been switched to an omnimover, the most interesting and unique effects and interactive scenes probably wouldn't work with an omnimover. So it sounds like this has been value engineered to a significant degree. The trackless version looked like a pretty solid D ticket. I'm guessing this will be more on a Mermaid ride level now, more C+/ D- level. It will fill a need for a decent AA dark ride, BUT it's probably not going to be something that will pull in much attendance. Well, we expressed concerns when the project was turned over to T.C., so it looks like those concerns were valid if it has now been value engineered. Bet he threw a few screens in to boot.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Freak
To be fair, it was likened to Poohs Hunny Hunt. And if dropping to a basic omnivover is the difference between PHH and what we have in Magic Kingdom, then that is certainly a drop in quality.

I'd be surprised if the drop off was that significant. For instance. I'd put Monsters Inc at TDL on the same level as Hunny Hunt, and that ride isn't trackless. As long as SLOP retains the AAs and sets, I think it will be just about as good, but I have seen nothing from a potential Omnimover version of the ride.

Hence why I don’t believe MarioKart is the 2nd coming. It might be, but I’ll believe it when I see it and not set myself up for disappointment.

I think healthy skepticism is good. I think Mario Kart stands a chance to be one of the best rides ever...but that can also change once something doesn't work in testing or something needs to be changed during construction.

If the rumor is true, and it's indeed been switched to an omnimover, the most interesting and unique effects and interactive scenes probably wouldn't work with an omnimover. So it sounds like this has been value engineered to a significant degree. The trackless version looked like a pretty solid D ticket. I'm guessing this will be more on a Mermaid ride level now, more C+/ D- level. It will fill a need for a decent AA dark ride, BUT it's probably not going to be something that will pull in much attendance. Well, we expressed concerns when the project was turned over to T.C., so it looks like those concerns were valid if it has now been value engineered. Bet he threw a few screens in to boot.

I don't think it was ever going to be anything that pulled attendance. The property isn't beloved enough. Plus it just wasn't that big of a ride. It was a nice Dark Ride. Not the second coming.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Omnimover or trackless - if it's done right then kids and families will love it. These kind of changes happen at the design stage on almost every attraction, we just don't always know what was proposed in the first place.

This adds an additional ride - which is rare in USH where they usually have to replace another ride or show for a new attraction - that in my book already makes this a win.

I think that if Universal makes SLOP trackless it would cause people to compare it to the more ambitious trackless ride at Galaxy's Edge.

Omnimover or trackless - if it's done right then kids and families will love it. These kind of changes happen at the design stage on almost every attraction, we just don't always know what was proposed in the first place.

This adds an additional ride - which is rare in USH where they usually have to replace another ride or show for a new attraction - that in my book already makes this a win.
Actually, most of the first two UC versions are pretty well known, from pre shows to ride through. Those looked really good.

Actually, most of the first two UC versions are pretty well known, from pre shows to ride through. Those looked really good.

Not sure I get the point you are making sorry.
As I said, changes happen, we just don't always know about them.

just saying the proposals were pretty well circulated and known. Yes, of course changes get made, but these came pretty late in the game.

...did they? We don't know how close the trackless concept ever came to getting built. Those plans circulated like 2+ years ago. For all we know they were an original concept and were changed years ago.

...did they? We don't know how close the trackless concept ever came to getting built. Those plans circulated like 2+ years ago. For all we know they were an original concept and were changed years ago.
A second version came out after the first with some changes, but they weren't major significant. That one was more recent.

I highly agree.

Regardless of what ride system, this ride will help the park out quite nicely. And even if it's trackless, the capacity on that is going to be rather great and at-least help.

My perspective, is that they looked to the Omnimover option as the better end, because of the park needing another High-Capacity attraction so things can be a little easier for Nintendo.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Status
Not open for further replies.