Solo: A Star Wars Story | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Solo: A Star Wars Story

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't disagree with this. But I'm more inclined to agree with @rhino4evr - that a Lando movie with a Han cameo would have been more captivating- but even that isn't that intriguing. Of all the characters in this movie- The story of the Falcon before it got to Han would've been more captivating to me. :)

The whole story of Han Solo is just unnecessary. This isn't Marvel Universe- we don't need to know, nor care about Leah's upbringing like we do Black Panther- because it isn't going anywhere; whereas BP advances the MCU.
What made Rogue One the best Star Wars movie to date (as a film), is that it was a completely separate environment, characters and story. Characters they could craft and give unique backstories to.

Hell, the fact your 2nd sentence is "I just don't think Han Solo is that unique of a character" is all the evidence we need.

Well yeah, none of this is necessary. But welcome to Hollywood in 2018 :lol:

I just think when this movie turns out to be bad, or hopefully just mediocre. It's not because a Han Solo movie will always be bad. It's just poor execution from all levels.

Reactions: Andysol
There's something really off with the soundtrack, surprising from John Williams. I don't much like it.

John Williams is not doing the score for the film, but that he is collaborating for the theme of Han Solo (as he's never really apparently had one).

The score for the film will be done by John Powell, who has contributed to multiple top tier DreamWorks Animation films like the Kung Fu Panda series, How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2, Bourne and more.

Typically, trailer music is done elsewhere.

I just finished watching the trailer for the first time. No thanks, I'll pass. Why am I getting a feeling of Marvel, when watching a Star Wars trailer? I am so done with this, it is clear to me now than Disney can easily write action ha-has stories and make visuals busy to the eye, but Star Wars is above and beyond their capabilities. They don't get it, and most importantly, they don't want to get it.

Best thing you can do as a Star Wars fan (if reviews are bad at least) is just not go see it. Box Office numbers are what rule the industry and what will also get LucasFilm to rethink things if the numbers are substantially lower than Rogue One.

:clap:

Bravo!!! I could not agree more. I believe every fan out there not happy with the direction Disney/LucasFilm is taking with this iconic franchise, should not support this movie and anything after. Now! If you have no control against temptations, and you most see this movie no matter what, then can I suggest to AT LEAST! Don’t go on opening week or second week? This will send them a strong message, and trust me you’ll survive to see another day and most likely end up watching the movie anyway at a later time, hopefully Red Box lol. They know you can’t resist, and will take advantage of that.

:clap:

Bravo!!! I could not agree more. I believe every fan out there not happy with the direction Disney/LucasFilm is taking with this iconic franchise, should not support this movie and anything after. Now! If you have no control against temptations, and you most see this movie no matter what, then can I suggest to AT LEAST! Don’t go on opening week or second week? This will send them a strong message, and trust me you’ll survive to see another day and most likely end up watching the movie anyway at a later time, hopefully Red Box lol. They know you can’t resist, and will take advantage of that.

As someone who has liked all the new Disney Star Wars movies so far. Some more than others. I'll be happy to give them the benefit of the doubt.

As the one person on Earth who thought Rogue One was painfully bland, can I just say that the Star Wars spinoffs so far are just completely boring and unnecessary altogether? And that's coming from someone who enjoyed TFA and TLJ on a base level.

John Williams is not doing the score for the film, but that he is collaborating for the theme of Han Solo (as he's never really apparently had one).

The score for the film will be done by John Powell, who has contributed to multiple top tier DreamWorks Animation films like the Kung Fu Panda series, How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2, Bourne and more.

Typically, trailer music is done elsewhere.
I just checked and realized trailers don't use the film's actual score. I can't believe I never noticed that before!
Also you're right about Powell composing with Williams collaborating. Guess I read some article title about Williams doing the theme and assumed it to be for the whole movie. Whoops :lol:

Reactions: Coasted
As the one person on Earth who thought Rogue One was painfully bland, can I just say that the Star Wars spinoffs so far are just completely boring and unnecessary altogether? And that's coming from someone who enjoyed TFA and TLJ on a base level.

Well the spinoffs so far are focused on things we're already familiar with from the OT. The original Death Star and Han Solo. I'm waiting for the ones where they branch out into new, uncharted territory. Having said that I also wouldn't mind an Obi-Wan spin-off film since Ewan McGregor seems eager to do it.

Well the spinoffs so far are focused on things we're already familiar with from the OT. The original Death Star and Han Solo. I'm waiting for the ones where they branch out into new, uncharted territory. Having said that I also wouldn't mind an Obi-Wan spin-off film since Ewan McGregor seems eager to do it.

We're in a weird situation because the spin offs featuring most characters from the original trilogy have to be recast but the prequels are in the right timeline for the actors to be older and play themselves again.

Rogue One worked because the main cast was new and anybody else like Leia was only a minor part using CGI. Darth Vader could be played by anybody because it's basically just a costume. Solo doesn't have this luxury because I can't buy that the new Solo is actually Solo so once that fails, the movie fails too.

You're not alone.

The trailer and spot were ok, but I'm bracing for the worst with all the production issues.

Reactions: captainmoch
Rogue one was my least favorite of the new films. Mainly because I didn’t like the two lead characters or the villain.

Interested on what you guys think... do you think they'll go full Rogue One and kill most characters off or will they set this movie up so that - if it turns out to be a hit - they could do a Han Solo sequel?

We're in a weird situation because the spin offs featuring most characters from the original trilogy have to be recast but the prequels are in the right timeline for the actors to be older and play themselves again.

Rogue One worked because the main cast was new and anybody else like Leia was only a minor part using CGI. Darth Vader could be played by anybody because it's basically just a costume. Solo doesn't have this luxury because I can't buy that the new Solo is actually Solo so once that fails, the movie fails too.

Great points. And I agree all the way around. Ewan mcgreggor being obi was fine, because we never saw young obi. Ford and Alden are 5 years apart in age from when these were filmed. That’s a tough pill to swallow regardless of the actor.

I said it earlier, half joking- but a story just about the millineum falcon would have been a much more compelling story. In the same vein as Death Star/rogue one.