Solo: A Star Wars Story | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Solo: A Star Wars Story

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I worry Disney’s heading towards a content apocalypse and the other divisions will be hurt too. So far from the “normies” I surround myself with there doesn’t sound to be a drop in interest (Solo and Infinity War commercials got huge interest during the super bowl) but toy sales could be a leading indicator of issues down the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
I worry Disney’s heading towards a content apocalypse and the other divisions will be hurt too. So far from the “normies” I surround myself with there doesn’t sound to be a drop in interest (Solo and Infinity War commercials got huge interest during the super bowl) but toy sales could be a leading indicator of issues down the line.
Yeah, even from fans, i'm hearing a lot of hype for Solo after seeing the Super Bowl trailer. LucasFilm showed a very smart 30 second bit though as it didn't show off much, but made it look pretty epic. I think, because this movie features Han, Chewie and Lando, toy sales should theoretically be higher than what they were for Rogue One.

The movie is going to have a huge opening weekend undoubtedly. It's the weeks following that will be interesting. It will have Deadpool still freshly in theaters to contend with, so if word of mouth isn't good, it will be interesting to see how it does.

I am so not interested in this film...even if Ron Howard actually saves it.
Well I think the general consensus is that no one really wanted to see a Han Solo film.

The general public may be excited for the movie because they saw a trailer that played epic music, showed chewie and were shown the Falcon doing Falcon-y things during the Super Bowl, but before they saw the trailer, most probably didn't know it was a thing and probably wouldn't have cared if it wasn't a thing.

Reactions: Chris
to be truthful if anyone in the universe needs a backstory its this guy
upload_2018-2-8_7-29-10.jpeg
maxresdefault.jpg

That trailer was better than the others. But that music was terrible, and wtf is up with a different configuration for the Falcon?

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
That trailer was better than the others. But that music was terrible, and wtf is up with a different configuration for the Falcon?

As far as the Falcon is concerned, I believe this is a few years before ANH, so that could explain why (similar to how Rebels was a midquel that was set I different periods of time before ANH).

Looks better, but that I have concerns still.

Edit: As a little tip, Solo will premiere at Cannes.

As far as the Falcon is concerned, I believe this is a few years before ANH, so that could explain why (similar to how Rebels was a midquel that was set I different periods of time before ANH).

Looks better, but that I have concerns still.
I'm talking about how the Falcon didn't have the notch in the front center in the trailer. It never once looks like that in any of the other movies. It's like how in the prequel trilogy when R2D2 started flying. This is the past and somehow we never see this in any of the future movies?

Reactions: Coasted
I'm talking about how the Falcon didn't have the notch in the front center in the trailer. It never once looks like that in any of the other movies. It's like how in the prequel trilogy when R2D2 started flying. This is the past and somehow we never see this in any of the future movies?

Once again to bring this up, this film should be set in an instance of time where it should be acknowledged that things are going to be different. And that it had been mentioned that Han and Chewie upgraded the Falcon over time, to increase it's agility and speed in the best ways possible.

Think similar to how the Falcon received damages over the course of the trilogy, and stayed that way in the sequels.

The teaser was better, this trailer was dull. Makes the story seem boring... gee, I wonder if Chewie survives that collision :bonk:

Yeah, I was underwhelmed at this trailer. However, my sister - who only recently started watching Star Wars once TFA came out (we binged through the original trilogy and skimmed the prequels first) - said she was really excited for it and was already planning what day we needed to go see it.