Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Springfield Expansion

IoA needed to maintain their claim to thrills, it just so happens it fit in JP. If JP was feeling stale, what does that say about the other original islands? Especially TL and LC which have only lost attractions.

IoA’s next project should be a shortened version of the Spongebob musical in the Toon Lagoon Theatre/Krusty Krab revamp of Comic Strip Cafe while they rip up the Lost Continent.

EDIT: Just realized this is the Springfield thread. Sorry, feel free to move this!

The Simpsons area is not even in the top 3 things needing addressed at USF. That’s unarguable.

Kidzone, FFL and Shrek are 2.5 major projects that are priority over anything else in either park. Toon Lagoon Theater is a distant 4th.

Then again, the backside of Discovery Center and JP’s lagoon was number 77 on things needing to be addressed, yet here we are. So who knows.
I never said they should replace it at this very moment.

I never said they should replace it at this very moment.

You have to add context to your post then. In 10 years? 20? Because Simpsons popularity could easily last that long. Or longer; even indefinitely.

And I also think most would rather rip out the current attraction and build a new one (boat ride, anyone?) vs rip out the entirety Simpsons for an entirely new IP.

The Simpsons is in a weird predicament in that the ride itself will die before the land should. So what do they do at that crossroads?

You have to add context to your post then. In 10 years? 20? Because Simpsons popularity could easily last that long. Or longer; even indefinitely.

And I also think most would rather rip out the current attraction and build a new one (boat ride, anyone?) vs rip out the entirety Simpsons for an entirely new IP.

The Simpsons is in a weird predicament in that the ride itself will die before the land should. So what do they do at that crossroads?

The Disney purchase could very well determine if it gets replaced of not. If they are losing it in 5-10 years regardless, they aren't going to rip out the ride and build a new one based on the Simpsons. At that point, they'd string it along till they had a plan to replace all of it and do it in one fell swoop. If they can keep the Simpsons, then replacing the ride becomes more an issue of the longevity of the IP.

I was thinking maybe the next 6-12 years.

I guess I'm not in tune with Simpsons popularity these days. I would definitely say it's a recognized IP, and I know plenty of people appreciate, if not enjoy, the theming. I don't think anyone is clamoring to go to a Universal park for Simpsons (although it could be argued that the only independent "draw" would be WWoHP).

IoA needed to maintain their claim to thrills, it just so happens it fit in JP. If JP was feeling stale, what does that say about the other original islands? Especially TL and LC which have only lost attractions.
TL has two rides with high GSATs and LC is seen as a non issue for now I'm sure