Springfield | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
10640276185_fc613be4f4_b.jpg
I thought Raffman's idea that Springfield would stretch to French Street was extreme. But look where we have construction walls now.

10720699195_7fa53dd680_c.jpg

10720785804_2a829d5baa_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They're repaving before Grinchmas and it's most likely the last opportunity they'll have before DM and SSFL open and that area becomes a madhouse.

I am hearing they are shooting for a summer 2014 opening of Springfield. If that is the case they need to get started on the actual construction of Springfield soon!

I am hearing they are shooting for a summer 2014 opening of Springfield. If that is the case they need to get started on the actual construction of Springfield soon!
If that's true....

-Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem

-Super Silly Fun Land/Swirl Ride

-Simpsons Fast Food Blvd.

2014 is going to be a pretty nice year for Uni. :) Guess I better eat really healthy now to prepare my body for the horrible diet I will be partaking in during the Summer. Haha

Summer 2014...? Woah....

Well, IMO, that's unrealistic. We're going to be entering a very busy few months once Grinchmas starts, and no way in hell will they start construction for Springfield during this time. And if they start in January, will USH REALLY have time to open by summer...? Doubt it. You know how slow construction moves here in Hollywood.

But I can see Springfield opening in late 2014.

Summer 2014...? Woah....

Well, IMO, that's unrealistic. We're going to be entering a very busy few months once Grinchmas starts, and no way in hell will they start construction for Springfield during this time. And if they start in January, will USH REALLY have time to open by summer...? Doubt it. You know how slow construction moves here in Hollywood.
Look how long Plaza took. Maybe winter 2014 miiiight sound more likely.

Reactions: Alexshow.
It wouldn't be too far out of the question. It only took about 5-6 months for Orlando's to open up. K&K opened soon after. Then again Orlando does not have the same strict regulation that we have in California.

You can't compare Orlando to us.

They have the luxury of having a larger park...scratch that, TWO parks total, AND they don't have CA's strict regulations. It's a double blow to our building timeframe. Constructing Springfield now would be a nightmare, considering the upper lot is a mess with Despicable Me construction, Wizarding World construction, etc.

Summer 2014 is still mildly possible, if they started construction on like, January 2nd. It's mostly retrofitting of old buildings, so the strict CA regulations won't be nearly as arduous to go through. BTW, Plaza was horrifically delayed so it wasn't as if they had always planned to open on Labor Day weekend.

if you really think about it. the "french town " to krustyland  isnt really that far  plus wasn't there rumors that USH might get the deluxe version of Springfield?

Animal Actors in the way tells me that Springfield will not even touch French Street. The farthest I believe it will go is Production Central.

Alright, I think I figured out the Springfield lineup. I don't know how to post a map, but I'll post my speculation. Since the more well-informed people are talking about Springfield retro-fitting the existing buildings and that they will lead up to the Simpsons Ride, here's what I predict:

Lard Lad - Going where the Popcornopolis cart is

Krusty Burger - Going where the cantina is

Moe's Tavern - Going where the Studio store is beneath Animal Actors

Taco Truck - Going next to Moe's/StudioStore

Duff Beer Brewery - Going where that hot Dog and popcorn stand in front of the SES queue

Fryin' Dutchman and Cletus' sharing the Pizza place

Something something going where Flinstones is. Maybe something new. How about Mickey Mao's or Gulp N' blow?

I would love to get a Mickey Mao's built in there somewhere. :p

Interesting predictions so far. I think Krusty Burger and Moe's are givens and anything else would be gravy. Everything in Florida is under one roof, so it'll be interesting to see the restaurants as independent venues.

From what I have seen, it looks more like all the current venues will be demolished.  Doc Brown's, Cantina and Flintstones will all be removed.  There will be a new structure behind the facade of Hogsmead which will house a new food venue.  Will it be Springfield related?  No idea.  But it sure looks like it will square the road nicely and opens the street up a bit.

Stay Tuned...

Reactions: BehindTheTheme
From what I have seen, it looks more like all the current venues will be demolished.  Doc Brown's, Cantina and Flintstones will all be removed.  There will be a new structure behind the facade of Hogsmead which will house a new food venue.  Will it be Springfield related?  No idea.  But it sure looks like it will square the road nicely and opens the street up a bit.

Stay Tuned...
hey chris maybe i missed something . but has someone shown  you already  the new layout for the food court area and harry potter??