Star Tours 3D | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Tours 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only really big difference is that in ST you're in an enclosed cabin, and the screen is in the front "window" of the cabin. Also, ST moves you around a little less wildly than Simpsons, and the people aren't yellow, except for C3PO.

Yeah I guess you could consider them the same format but thats like comparing an F14 Tomcat to a F22 Raptor. Yeah there both planes but the technology used is leap years ahead of the competition.

Cool. Cheers for the info.

somehow I missed that this was going to be 3D. That defintiely makes me more interested in riding. I think all these film/motion rides should be in 3D, it adds so much to the experience.

somehow I missed that this was going to be 3D. That defintiely makes me more interested in riding. I think all these film/motion rides should be in 3D, it adds so much to the experience.

Yes and no, you don't it to be overdone either in the parks.

Look at FJ, its not 3D but very High Def and it looks great.

I agree that it can be overdone, but I think it will add a lot to this and I'm really looking foward to it.

And Briman, do you have a video of that? I'd love to see your wookie impression :lol:

I agree that it can be overdone, but I think it will add a lot to this and I'm really looking foward to it.

If something "breaks" through the cockpit and we feel the spray of the "air" and "glass" then yes it could be pretty cool, but it all depends on HOW they use the 3D.

I think the 3-D is just going to be used to enhance the depth of field view. Like you're actually looking out of a cockpit window. I don't think it's going to be stereotypical 3-D effetcs.

Courtesy of InsideTheMagic
http://www.insidethemagic.net

startoursmalltour550x21.jpg

56259315905997679892.jpg

562533774368c22218f0.jpg

back3550x338.jpg

dsc02830550x412.jpg

dsc02831t.jpg

startourshanger550x223.jpg

wp3cpo400x600.jpg

wpride400x600.jpg

wpvader400x600.jpg

wpyoda400x600.jpg

^ Now you want to talk about a franchise that could give "Potter" like guest spending numbers within its own themed land.

I would love to see a star wars themed land! I'm not a HUGE fan of the films but I think that Disney has a great opportunity to make a themed area that could match the popularity of Potter.

Can someone copy and paste the article? I can't see it here at work.

I am hearing just the smallest inklings about an announcement coming at the grand re-opening for Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. While I try to get more clarification, I wonder if it has to do with the parking entrance re-alignment coming to DHS or perhaps confirmation of something bigger I heard about last year.

Early word about the Star Tours upgrade is good. (Although some have reported emerging quite shaken, literally, from the motion of the simulator.) Add to that the slow thaw in the cold war between Disney and George Lucas and you have the potential for a new themed land dedicated to the world of Star Wars.

Backlot Express would be converted to a Cantina style diner, although I've also heard that it could be a 'space junk yard' (as from Episode 1). Then the backstage road and main entrance road would be moved back about 200 yards to make room for a new e-Ticket set in the Star Wars universe. Think Carsland but with speeders racing around. There would also be a lot of Next-Gen touches bringing some hi-tech wizardry to the land as only WDI can do.

Last I heard, this was still just blue sky stuff. But who knows… maybe it's moved forward now that Disney is feeling a little bit of heat from the boy with a wand.

I am hearing just the smallest inklings about an announcement coming at the grand re-opening for Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. While I try to get more clarification, I wonder if it has to do with the parking entrance re-alignment coming to DHS or perhaps confirmation of something bigger I heard about last year.

Early word about the Star Tours upgrade is good. (Although some have reported emerging quite shaken, literally, from the motion of the simulator.) Add to that the slow thaw in the cold war between Disney and George Lucas and you have the potential for a new themed land dedicated to the world of Star Wars.

Backlot Express would be converted to a Cantina style diner, although I've also heard that it could be a 'space junk yard' (as from Episode 1). Then the backstage road and main entrance road would be moved back about 200 yards to make room for a new e-Ticket set in the Star Wars universe. Think Carsland but with speeders racing around. There would also be a lot of Next-Gen touches bringing some hi-tech wizardry to the land as only WDI can do.

Last I heard, this was still just blue sky stuff. But who knows… maybe it's moved forward now that Disney is feeling a little bit of heat from the boy with a wand.

I think something like this would be absolutely amazing, especially if, to take a line from John Hammond, they spare no expense.

A site called "StarTours2Live" has also reported a rumor that Sounds Dangerous might get ripped out and replaced with a upgraded version of the Jedi Training Academy, but now set in Dagobah:

"Taking over the aging, seasonal attraction Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey, Jedi Training Academy would continue training young padawans, but in a much more elaborate set themed to the Dagobah swamp from Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. The highlight would be an advanced, interactive Yoda audio-animatronic -- complete with Lightsaber -- who would play an integral part in seriously exciting new show in Hollywood Studios......

With Yoda, we’ve heard WDI is kicking around how he would be able to make an entrance, move around the stage, and interact with the padawans and show pieces. Unlike the plastic “training” Lightsabers used by the current Jedi trainers and padawans, Yoda would be able hold a realistic-looking Lightsaber thanks to laser and lighting effects. We’ve heard him compared to the Wall-E Living Character Initiative animatronic, as well as the first free-roving audio-animatronic from WDI, Lucky the Dinosaur. We also hear something about Yoda’s facial features/talking controls being like the Remy Experience in Epcot. While the Yoda animatronic seems to be very early in the process, we believe skeleton mock-ups have been made and are being tested in WDI’s labs.

In addition to adding Yoda, we hear WDI is considering lots of changes to the show building currently holding Sounds Dangerous. Inside, the Dagobah set would possibly include “multi-level temple ruins,” updated projection technology, and special lighting/laser elements. Seats from Sounds Dangerous would be removed and the stage extended for the training action to take place. By bringing the Academy experience indoors, Imagineers will presumably have the ability to pull off some great effects and produce a much higher quality show. Other than a grand entrance by Darth Vader, the current Academy only solely on the Jedi and padawans for entertainment."

Never seen the JTA show, but if they do something like this I would definitely check it out.

making a Mos Eisley Style Restaurant is pretty smart, if you ask me. Also a live stage show seems like a no brainer, considering they already do a smaller version during SW weekends.

I doubt they would add a new SW ride so quickly..but anything's possible.